Sad day for my UTV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-03-2010, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After many years of enjoyment a brief power outage the other days seems to have fried both tuners. I can occasionally pick up a channel here or there but it is pretty much useless. So I am "upgrading" tomorrow to the whole home HD-DVR system.

I am very apprehensive on the whole process as the installer will I'm sure try to balk on doing it right. Plus I have a pretty complex/messy wiring. I am going to be sad to see it go. It will be interesting to see how much loss of functionality I receive during this "upgrade".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-03-2010, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sad to hear about the your problems with the UTV.

I assume the installer can perform some testing to confirm that your "complex/messy wiring", possibly your Sat. LNB, or your existing setup in general isn't to blame for the "dead" UTV tuners...

Some checking of the History Log might give you some clues if the UTV was showing early signs of death or there was something wrong with the setup before. A direct run to the Sat's LNB and UTV might eliminate possible issues between Point A and B. Also remember to check only one tuner/cable at a time.

Not sure how your existing setup is configured but it might be possible the UTV has "defaulted" to the wrong Sat setup... which might be hiding certain Sats/LNB feeds.

PS Just in case you still wanted to supplement the "upgrade" with a UTV (if it's functional).
Reply Microsoft UltimateTV PVR

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page