DirecTV won't activate non-RID receivers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-28-2011, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I read that DirecTV won't activate non-RID receivers anymore. Is this true? I assume the refresh services would still work if moving from one UTV to another?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-29-2011, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

"DirecTV won't activate non-RID receivers anymore. Is this true?"

If you are a "New" Customer you'll be wanting to get DirecTV to send you New equipment (RID Receivers) for your Leasing Pleasure.

If you are an existing customer I understand you can still reactivate or continue to use your old (Non-Rid) equipment... using it's existing (supported) Access Card.

"I assume the refresh services would still work if moving from one UTV to another?"

That should continue to work... if the old UTV dies or you need to access MY SHOWS/Programming on a UTV you didn't/don't have activated on your account with DTV. This does however require you have an active Access Card for a UTV (UTV Service on your account). So for any existing DTV users that want to go "Old School" and pickup some used UTVs and activate them... that will be hard because DTV only activates these older receivers for their original owners... (users could "replace" their old ones... but DTV will likely just "upgrade" the customer). UTV replacement help via DTV for an existing UTV user isn't going to be easy. So refreshing the access card yourself online to restore Locals (after a hard drive upgrade) or "Re" activate a UTV is going to be the easiest way...
post #3 of 4 Old 03-30-2011, 07:30 AM

My #2 UTV is upstairs and #3 is in the motorhome. I move the card between the two and refresh. Works fine.

Always ready to pull the lever on that La-Z-Boy.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-19-2011, 03:58 AM

Good to hear. I just picked up another backup on fleabay that I'll want to cycle in.
Reply Microsoft UltimateTV PVR

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page