AVS Forum banner

Sony UTV: Free to Good Home

7K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  lgodave 
#1 ·
I have a Sony SATW60 in good working order that was retired a few years ago. It has 2 good, original tuners and an upgraded 160GB HD, with remote and keyboard. And I think it still has the final season of "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy" recorded on it.

After it having been such a faithful companion and servant for so long I can't bear to see it just laying there, dying in a heap of dust.

So if anyone wants it, and will promise to take it on walks and let it run and play, it is yours. I only ask reimbursement for the actual shipping charges which I will calculate when I know where to send it.

#2 ·
Here I take a break from the site for almost 3 weeks (that is really long for me)... and somebody is giving up a UTV for adoption.

Anyway if it hasn't found a good home yet... I might be interested. Having a "fresh" spare with good tuners might come in handy someday soon.

Stay in touch.

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eea123 /forum/post/22016007

Keeping 'er alive, RCA not a Sony guy here else I would have taken you up on it. Good to see it go to a good home.

I'm thinking 95% of UTVers have one of the RCA models. Best Buy, Radio Shack, and Circuit City "clearance" pricing of around $50-80 in my area made it a no brainer. The RCA UTVs also offered more "features" then the Sony, it's hard to beat.

I've had a few Sony UTVs and they've usually provided me with excellent service. My "Primary" UTV was a Sony for most of the last 10 years...

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throck /forum/post/22024183

Taken!

On its way to a new home where it will run, jump and play again!

Take good care of 'er, Dave.

"She's Dead Jim."

"I'm a UTV Fan not a Miracle Worker."

Both Tuners were DOA when I tested it this afternoon. RIP Throck's Sony W60 5/2001-5/2012. Will try and save the Hard Drive at least.

#9 ·
Now that's some funny stuff ... not funny that it died in transit. Still it probably faired better than a past eBay UTV win that the guy mailed in a freaking postal zip baggie. Face plate was all beat to heck. Shows what I get for $10 bucks and free shipping.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eea123 /forum/post/22062701

Now that's some funny stuff ... not funny that it died in transit. Still it probably faired better than a past eBay UTV win that the guy mailed in a freaking postal zip baggie. Face plate was all beat to heck. Shows what I get for $10 bucks and free shipping.

One guess was that it was used in "standby" mode for a time after it was disconnected from DTV and that during this time the Tuners burned out unknown to the user since they were not being checked during this "offline" period.

There was some random Tuner Changes in the History Log so it was likely the Tuners were starting to act up some before the UTV was retired...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.