Downloading the 3.8 Update - No Longer Available ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-02-2013, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been using RCA UTV at least 8 or 9 years, keeping two receivers going, replacing them as time took its toll. I have always been able to download the OS from the house, first try. Maybe I should have taken the time to learn to transfer the image.
This weekend I have been trying to get two receivers running. One of those I have used before but it a tuner failed and I took the drive out. Both do the same thing when dialing in. When they dial in the second time they get a fast busy signal. I hope this starts working this week, if not this may be the end of updates.
Last week I went through my drives and got some ready to go. I got one two tuner up and running with the download. I have two that won't boot up when the download is finished. It's the flashing green problem. I tried about four times without success with those. The download always finished. I gave up on those and went to the two remaining working receivers. That is when the fast busy started.
I tried telling it there was a move to a new location and I went to the advanced settings and turned the modem speaker on so I can hear what is happening when they dial in. Both do the same thing. Fast busy when they dial into MSN the second time.
Anything else?

Always ready to pull the lever on that La-Z-Boy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-05-2013, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guess I just had to wait. I tried again last night and it connected.

Always ready to pull the lever on that La-Z-Boy.
Reply Microsoft UltimateTV PVR