A Few Points To Ponder......... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-03-2005, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter
EJW

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all ULTTV'ers. As a quick background I have been a D subscriber for nearly 9 years, subbing to the NFL Sunday Ticket every year,and our household has 5 ULT tv's & 2 Tivos. In any case as of 2:15pm yesterday here in Northern Virginia (Fairfax) we still have this "pixing" problem on several different channels (Including locals) & even on the HGTV channel which is driving my wife nuts as she transfers some of those shows onto DVD. I have always said that the ULTTV was way ahead of its time and if this issue is not resolved in the future it is indeed a sad time for all of us who love these receivers. Moving on to a few points I would like to cover & perhaps some of you may want to consider:

1. We are cancelling the NFL package-can you imagine trying to watch a football game IF this problem were to bleed over into the NFL channels?
If the problem is resolved we will re-order the package later (yes at a higher price I realize).

2. 4 of our 5 ULTTV receivers are upgraded to 105 hrs & we are in no position to buy all new equipment to replace with equivalent HD sizes. It seems to me that since this problem is stemming from D's end (and assuming they do NOT resolve the problem) that they should replace ALL of our receivers for us with comparable HD size receivers. I realize that companies are not in business to give away products but again this problem is on THEIR end.

3. While the future new dvr's from D might seem much like our ULTTV's KEEP IN MIND THAT FROM WHAT I READ OVER AT DBS FORUMS (roughly a couple months ago) THAT THERE WILL BE NO 30 SECOND SKIP BUTTON &
IT IS LIKELY THE FF WILL BE DISABLED (either initially or at a future time) Obviously this means no way to skip through commercials
whatsoever.

Anyway can you imagine if this were affecting ALL D-Tivos & approx 2 million subs were trying to call about this problem??!! That is the only way it seems to get a companys attention these days is by having a significant number of its customer base complain about a particular problem. As it is still fairly early in the game we are not ready to give up & will probably endure this through the
summer & decide in the early fall. I have heard that some of the Dishnetwork dvr's are very similar
to ULT TV but are also unreliable at times. I NEVER
thought I would be considering cable tv again but once again proves you just never know anything for
sure. Take care everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-03-2005, 06:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well said, in all regards.
Closed Thread Microsoft UltimateTV PVR

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version