UI -- RCA vs Sony - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-24-2005, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there any difference between the UTV user-interface between the Sony and RCA boxes? Or is the UI completely controlled by the software version?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-24-2005, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
ff
post #3 of 4 Old 08-25-2005, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi,

To be exact there are some differences. Not that it will matter much, however.

RCA UTVs have an "AUX" Mode which allows TWO RCA UTVs to work side by side controlled by a SINGLE RCA UTV Remote. You can select which Mode (AUX or DTV) either RCA UTV is operating under by selecting the mode under the setup screen (Additional Receivers??).

You select the AUX or DTV mode on the remote and it will only control that specific UTV. The ON-OFF however can do a SYSTEM Power off if you press it twice.

I have 4 UTVs (One Sony, Three RCA) and It is very helpful to setup two RCAs togeather and not worry about accidently working two UTVs at once. I run those two UTVs as part of a Whole House System. Those UTVs can be viewed from any of the TVs in the House.

RCA UTVs also have a remote Antenna button which switchs the RF Cable output ON/OFF and allow you to watch video feed from another source (or sources).

So you could have two RCA UTVs running both tuners, with a total of four channels, and you could access those tuners without powering off one or the other. Very helpful if you are buffering live TV and don't want to record anything to MY SHOWS.

The Sony UTV can't do this with the RF Output, so you need to power off the Sony to watch another video source. (If you use an A/V Receiver, this shouldn't matter to you.)
post #4 of 4 Old 09-21-2005, 06:05 AM

I have a question regarding the Antenna button. I have only 1 UTV, and my Television has only one set of inputs. When I want to watch a DVD, I have to physically switch the cables.

You mention using the Antenna button to turn off the RF output for an alternate video feed. Does this mean I could connect my DVD player to the UTV's inputs and watch a DVD by pressing the Antenna button on the remote, without need to physically switch the cables each time?

Thanks,

Eric
Closed Thread Microsoft UltimateTV PVR

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page