Any Market For A USED UTV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 09-29-2005, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have kept an RCA UTV unit with only one working turner on billing with DirecTV for more than a year now not even hooked up to satellite. They charge $9.95 per month and no receiver charge since it is listed as first (free)#1 receiver. For this I receive 3 hours of free Internet Service (WebTV) that I do use sometimes, but really I thought I would get a free box from Direct for it, by now. (I don't even need that since I added DISH, too when VOOM went away) When my computer crashed (hard drive) last month I found that 3 hours didn't last long enough and didn't want to pay to go un-limited. Anyway complete unit with keyboard and original box in attic (I think) worth anything for someone that wants one turner, or pays $150 for an exchange unit, or is it now junk? THANKS!

Samsung HL67A750 RPTV, TWO 2013 Hoppers w/Sling, OTA Digital Dongle, My Book Essential 750Gb EXTERNAL hard drive, ONKYO HT-S9100 THX speakers & ONKYO TX-NR616 A/V receiver, ONKYO DV-BD606 Blu-Ray Disc Player, Harmony ONE Remote, GOOGLE TV, w 4 other TV's (LCD & LED).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-30-2005, 05:51 AM

One Tuner UTVs still sell on eBay for $20 ...sometimes more. But the market is drying up for all UTVs. I imagine within a year, now with new DTV dvr and hd dvr becoming popular, that UTVs will be selling for a 'dime a dozen'. It's had it run.

Sell it now while you can get a few bucks for it.
post #3 of 12 Old 09-30-2005, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocker
One Tuner UTVs still sell on eBay for $20 ...sometimes more. But the market is drying up for all UTVs. I imagine within a year, now with new DTV dvr and hd dvr becoming popular, that UTVs will be selling for a 'dime a dozen'. It's had it run.

Sell it now while you can get a few bucks for it.
Thanks Boondocker for your reply:

Will DirecTV still activate a used unit and how much would it cost for a new card?

I agree, have the DISH 942 HD DVR and really enjoy it. Have three Tivo for DIRECT (2-243 hour units) and will go with their new HD DVR when available.

Samsung HL67A750 RPTV, TWO 2013 Hoppers w/Sling, OTA Digital Dongle, My Book Essential 750Gb EXTERNAL hard drive, ONKYO HT-S9100 THX speakers & ONKYO TX-NR616 A/V receiver, ONKYO DV-BD606 Blu-Ray Disc Player, Harmony ONE Remote, GOOGLE TV, w 4 other TV's (LCD & LED).
post #4 of 12 Old 09-30-2005, 01:01 PM

D* charges $20 for a new card.
post #5 of 12 Old 10-05-2005, 09:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
But if you whine enough (and have been a long time subscriber who's paid the bills regularly) you can usually get that charge waived.

To the world, you are just a person. To a rescue dog, you are the world!
http://austindogalliance.org/ - local in Austin
http://adopt-a-small-dog.adoptapet.com/ - national
post #6 of 12 Old 10-08-2005, 07:09 AM

Liked: 13
I am also thinking of selling my two tuner RCA UTV. It works great, has A keyboard, card and remote. I recently had a Comcast HDTV DVR installed and stopped using the UTV. I found the UTV interface to be superior to Comcast, but the HDTV recording hooked me.
post #7 of 12 Old 10-26-2005, 12:22 PM

Liked: 12
Anybody that can use a RCA Ultimate TV that can pick it up (I live in Escondido CA. between San Diego and Riverside) is welcome to it.
It has a 120GB hard drive and one working tuner. I have two brand new Maxim ICs that are included to fix the tuner problem if anybody is good at replacing surface mount parts. You will have to be a current Ultimate TV subscriber as I was told by DirecTV they are not taking new subscribers for UTV.

Catch? Not really. I just ask that whoever takes it use it as a DVR and not pull the HD out and junk the rest. It was my first DVR and I am a little sentmental about her.

I now have a High Def Tivo in one room and a standard Tivo in another so I will not be going back to UTV. .... although I do miss it sometimes.

Matt
post #8 of 12 Old 10-26-2005, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtucker
Anybody that can use a RCA Ultimate TV that can pick it up (I live in Escondido CA. between San Diego and Riverside) is welcome to it.
It has a 120GB hard drive and one working tuner. I have two brand new Maxim ICs that are included to fix the tuner problem if anybody is good at replacing surface mount parts. You will have to be a current Ultimate TV subscriber as I was told by DirecTV they are not taking new subscribers for UTV.

Catch? Not really. I just ask that whoever takes it use it as a DVR and not pull the HD out and junk the rest. It was my first DVR and I am a little sentmental about her.

I now have a High Def Tivo in one room and a standard Tivo in another so I will not be going back to UTV. .... although I do miss it sometimes.

Matt
Matt, I'd love to get that unit, but I'm not able to get away to pick it up, more than willing to pay for shipping+. I've had my UTV since the day it was available, and iys been running awsome ever since, I've bought one on ebay, but turned out the HD is corupt, been wanting to repair it and add a bigger drive to my original unit.

I can pay-pal, if you'd like, lemmie know!!

Jim

A happy long time UTV owner.
post #9 of 12 Old 10-27-2005, 01:30 PM

Jim,
Let's see if anyone pops up locally in the next week. Not wanting to ship is based on laziness. However, it sounds like the UTV would be nurtured and loved at your place.
I get up to the Anaheim area every few weeks in case that is your part of So. Ca.

Matt
post #10 of 12 Old 10-31-2005, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtucker
You will have to be a current Ultimate TV subscriber as I was told by DirecTV they are not taking new subscribers for UTV.

Matt

not true. a friend of mine activated a used utv to his existing account just 1 week ago. he said the he added the receiver and service without any problem whatsoever.

i think new customers may be the ones who are being refused utv activations

Z
post #11 of 12 Old 10-31-2005, 04:28 PM

Jim,
OK, its yours. I will ship it to you. I'll e-mail you the shipping cost once it is on its way. E-mail me again with your mailing address.
Matt
post #12 of 12 Old 10-31-2005, 07:00 PM

I have one i want to sell i have a 120gig or 160 that im trying to upgrade and i will throw in the old 45gig that still works both tuners work its the sony Let me know if anyone is intrested $140 Shipped also the flip down panel hinge is broke but you cant tell unless its opened cause it just snaps in when closed and is normal

AIM dantheman839

dsteinmann@hotpop
com
Closed Thread Microsoft UltimateTV PVR

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page