Forum Jump: 

Old 12-22-2001, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

Does anyone have pix of the inside of the HD1000?

gridleak? ;)

I received mine and it does not work - no picture on playback - seems to think it was recording. I do not have any tapes where I could test playback only.

I think that it may not be all hooked up inside.

It is a demo but it has the IEEE board that the gentrader demos lack.

I am mostly interested in the inter-board connections. On mine, there is an empty socket on the 1394 board, which may be part of the issue.

Any help welcomed. I need to ship it back tomorrow if I cannot fix it.

Cheers!
DAve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2001, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

DAve,

The far left socket on the digital board is not used. It's probably a service connection. From left to right connections are as follows:

1) not connected
2) to iLink jack
3) to head amp CBA
4) to head amp CBA
5) to main CBA

Make sure the switch on front panel left side (behind door) is in HS mode. Hit the 'input' button on the remote till the recorder display shows 'dTU'.

To be certain the STB is communicating properly start the recording from the DST50/51 menu.

When you start playback the DST50/51 will stop showing the antenna program and will display 'DVHS Playing' in little white boxes on the upper right of the screen. Shortly after that you should see 'DVHS 59-1' or some such in little blue boxes on the upper right. If none of this happens then the iLink connection is probably not working. If control and the little white boxes work but no blue boxes or picture then it could be a noisy iLink connection, clogged or worn heads, bad pinch roller, or you're using a used tape with analog VHS recorded on it.

The stuff I've suggested are just the most likely causes in typical situations where the recorder stops working. A recorder you've never seen work, with an unknown background, may have been damaged or mistreated in some way, and that's much harder to diagnose.

-Roger
Old 12-23-2001, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gridleak
DAve,

The far left socket on the digital board is not used.
Ok - that looks right then.

Quote:

To be certain the STB is communicating properly start the recording from the DST50/51 menu.

This all seems to work correctly. Just no picture. I get an occasional station ID and even the occasional frame (though it does not seem to be a recorded frame).

Quote:

The stuff I've suggested are just the most likely causes in typical situations where the recorder stops working. A recorder you've never seen work, with an unknown background, may have been damaged or mistreated in some way, and that's much harder to diagnose.
Unfortunately, it is an unknown unit from my standpoint. It is going to go back today. Hopefully, it can be made to work and returned to me...

Thanks for the response.

Cheers!
DAve.