post #31 of 58 Old 05-09-2008, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDO CA View Post

Bring back the frame by frame advance feature.
Roy

+1

If they want to upgrade / change software, fine, but they shouldn't be removing features we're paying for.

Bring back the original Play functionality too... you know, where you hit play after rewinding and it plays. Novel concept. What's with a 10 second skip ahead when I hit play? I rewind to see something again, and it jumps me back to where I started rewinding from. wtf? The software feels like a project from a high school computer programming class.

I'm dropping cable because of the new software. It's just not worth the frustration.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 58 Old 05-10-2008, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
More frequent updates. With all the problems and missing/broken features more frequent & smaller updates could minimize the pain.
post #33 of 58 Old 05-10-2008, 02:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Another Navigator note I've discovered: The "instant replay" button that supposed to jump you back 8 seconds, and which did just that in Passport, now only jumps you back 3 seconds. Yet the Navigator printed user guide, available from the TWC websites, still says 8 seconds. That nobody seems to have caught this easy-to-fix bug is astonishing to me. That and the REW button screwup are the most baffling to me that nothing has been done about fixing them, and the most annoying thing about Navigator I've discovered so far as I haven't had the rebooting issue some have.

At the risk of committing the tacky act of quoting my own post, I've done some more testing on the rewind functions in Navigator and here's what I've found. I cross-posted this in the other Navigator-wish-list thread to catch anyone who might be interested:

The first REW speed, with the double arrow, will dump you back into the program stream about 7 seconds ahead of the last frame you saw in rewind.

The second REW speed, with an arrow and a "2", will dump you back into the program stream about 17 seconds ahead of the last frame you saw in rewind.

The third REW speed, with an arrow and a "3", will dump you back into the program stream about 34 seconds ahead of the last frame you saw in rewind.

Jumping forward in the program stream up to half a minute when you're trying to rewind and see something again is just ludicrous. Passport always dropped you back into the stream right at the last frame you saw no matter what the REW speed. And Passport had another gear, a 4x speed too, so you could really zip through a program if you wanted.

And the "Instant Replay" jump-back button only takes you back about 3 seconds instead of the advertised 8 seconds, which Passport also did properly.

How difficult would it be to address these issues? Are they even aware of them, and these other problems listed in this and the other TWC Navigator thread? Would it be helpful to compile a list of this stuff and send it to TWC, if only we could find out who might actually be able to guarantee somebody in charge will at least read it??

This crap is just too easy to fix. Navigator has been out in the field for awhile now. How did this stuff get past their quality control and why isn't it being addressed now?
post #34 of 58 Old 05-10-2008, 02:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabident View Post

Bring back the original Play functionality too... you know, where you hit play after rewinding and it plays. Novel concept. What's with a 10 second skip ahead when I hit play? I rewind to see something again, and it jumps me back to where I started rewinding from. wtf? The software feels like a project from a high school computer programming class.

I've done some more testing with the REW button and this is what I've found. I've cross-posted this in the other Navigator thread for anyone who's interested:

The first REW speed, with the double arrow, will dump you back into the program stream about 7 seconds ahead of the last frame you saw in rewind.

The second REW speed, with an arrow and a "2", will dump you back into the program stream about 14 seconds ahead of the last frame you saw in rewind.

The third REW speed, with an arrow and a "3", will dump you back into the program stream about 34 seconds ahead of the last frame you saw in rewind.

Jumping forward in the program stream up to half a minute when you're trying to rewind and see something again is just ludicrous. Passport always dropped you back into the stream right at the last frame you saw no matter what the REW speed. And Passport had another gear, a 4x speed too, so you could really zip through a program forward or backward if you wanted.

And the "Instant Replay" jump-back button only takes you back about 3 seconds instead of the advertised 8 seconds, which Passport also did properly.

Of course, one could argue that it's all kind of a moot point since Navigator has also taken away the "seconds" portion of the status-bar counter on the digital timer for recorded shows, and the entire digital counter for buffered programing, so you kind of have to wild-ass-guess if you're trying to back up to a certain point, which in Passport, you could easily do if you had noted the time on the status bar.

How difficult would it be to address these issues? Are they even aware of them, and these other problems listed in this and the other TWC Navigator thread? Would it be helpful to compile a list of this stuff and send it to TWC, if only we could find out who might actually be able to guarantee somebody in charge will at least read it??

This crap is just too easy to fix. Navigator has been out in the field for awhile now. How did this stuff get past their quality control and why isn't it being addressed now?
post #35 of 58 Old 06-16-2008, 02:37 PM

Here is my updated wish list:
  1. Replace all the 8300HDC, 8240HDC, 4250HDC, and 4240HDC boxes with boxes designed from the ground up to support OCAP like the 8550HDCs, 8852HDCs, and 4550HDCs. The 8300HDCs and 8240HDCs are prone to crashing when the user does not take extreme measures to prevent overheating by installing some 2x4s under the feet of the box or a fan. The boxes overheat quickly because their power supplies are apparently overloaded, and power supplies generally can supply more power and have it be more stable when the temperature is lower. Also, replace all of the MDN boxes with good replacement OCAP boxes that support H.264 and VC-1, not the slow 8300HDC/8240HDC garbage which has overloaded power supplies. We want more HD, and H.264 is a better way of supplying more HD than SDV because the SDV pool risks running out of channels if the low-popularity channels are mispicked. Also, dropping MDN will allow the programmers to focus on fixing one platform rather than two platforms.
  2. Allow customers to customize the kickback from fast forwards and rewinds.
  3. Allow users to develop new skins for the box and to have the box load them from the Internet.
  4. Fix eSATA.
  5. Remind users that the red C button can be used to go up one level in a menu whenever this applies. Customers are not expected to have to read a manual to use this software. This is not a video game where users are expected to know this by reading the manual.
  6. Give us back the x4 fast forwarding and rewind modes.
  7. Move the programming center to New York City or some other area that uses Navigator. That way, the programmers will have to use their own program guides and be able to catch bugs while off-duty.
  8. Like Comcast does, allow users to license other OCAP program guides, like TiVo or Passport Echo OCAP version. (I personally will not license Passport Echo if it brings back the hard to read font without the option to change it back to Tiresias Screenfont, the one font that OCAP requires to be included with every OCAP implementation and is used in Navigator. Tiresias Screenfont is much more readable than the Scientific-Atlanta font built into the boxes that Passport Echo native version used. It is requried in OCAP because MHP requires it, and OCAP is specified as a modification to MHP. If OCAP does not modify MHP in an area, then MHP's spec is the rule.)
  9. Allow fully customized recordings to be defined that allow the user to define a channel, a start time, and an end time, and a manual title if the recording does not match any title in the guide. (Others may call this a manual recording, but when I think of that term, I think about someone pressing record to record just one show.)
  10. Move everything out of the Devices submenu in the Quick Settings menu to appropriate categories like in MDN, and write meaningful help to the options in that submenu while you move it out.
  11. Allow us to turn the AC outlet always off. When the AC outlet is set to always on, the relay makes clicking noises every time the power fails or is restored. Therefore, I believe that this relay is a single pole normally open relay that requires a voltage to be passed through an electromagnet to hold the relay closed, allowing power through. Since the power supply in the 8300HDC/8240HDC boxes seems overloaded, those who do not need the AC outlet can lower the load on the PSU and save some money on the electric bill by setting the outlet to "Always off".
  12. Port the feature that allows you to restrict the recording time on a series to one specific time from MDN to ODN.
post #36 of 58 Old 06-16-2008, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
New boxes are coming out. They aren't made by Cisco. They are made by Samsung. This new HD-DVR and non DVR will have MPEG4 capabilities. The new SMT-H3090 HD DVR and SMT-H3020 HD non DVR will replace the 8300HDC and 4250HDC. These new boxes are made for Java and OCAP. It will have a widescreen 960x540 IPG which will help. Hope this helps.

EDIT: It appears that if Samsung makes boxes then it would be the SMT-H3092 but count on Cisco's new 8552HDC and 4550HDC
post #37 of 58 Old 06-16-2008, 11:00 PM
AVS Special Member

The new boxes will likely be made by Cisco. These boxes have Whole Home Capabilities. That means you can watch your recorded content on another box located somewhere else. So JNV11 is right but don't expect the 8550. Expect the enhanced 8552HDC and 4550HDC. The 8552 is similar to the 8550 but has MoCA capabilities. The 8552HDC won't offer a larger hard drive but eSATA is a better option anyways if it's compatible with navigator.
post #38 of 58 Old 07-02-2008, 03:14 PM

TWC upgraded Navigator in KC to 2.4.10_11. So far, the only fixes I've seen is that the Day buttons work in the Guide and there's bug fix related existing the guide, the viewing area would sometimes stick in upper right corner, which doesn't happen anymore.

Let me know if you want me to test something else.
post #39 of 58 Old 07-02-2008, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnan24 View Post

3. give me theme or title search back, the old system allowed me to research a show highlighted on the guide without hitting 4- 5 buttons and entering the title.

This is one of the most significant usability gaps in Navigator that needs to be closed. Being able to highlight a program in the guide and hit search to see a list of future occurrences that you can the interact with directly in that list to set to record or not...that is such a great feature lost.

Rewind needs to be fixed so it doesn't jump you forward from where you end - I know they are trying to help, but the setting is way aggressive and we always end up having to rewind repeatedly to get to the right spot.

Guide data sometimes just won't appear when moving forward through the day - fix that!

Box spontaneously reboots...bad!

Reduce the rewind/FF/play banner size, increase its opacity, and provide a setting to just not show it at all...99% of the time I don't need/want to see it, and can hit the info button if I need it.
post #40 of 58 Old 07-02-2008, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Oops...forgot one. I agree 100% - Tennis needs to have its own category in Sports!
post #41 of 58 Old 09-05-2008, 09:00 AM

Now that ODN 2.4.10_11 is rolled out, I finaly can generate a new wish list.
Bugs remaining to fix:
  1. The banner does not go away after someone uses either the slow-motion or the pause features after the user presses play or pause to get out of those modes.
Feature requests:
  1. Allow users to create full-custom recordings.
  2. Allow multiple user profiles so that two users who have wildly different tastes do not have to sort through each others' recordings.
  3. Add an Auto HD/SD switching feature. If the program is available on both an SD and an HD channel, record the SD version if the HD channel's version of the show is just an upconversion to save space on the hard disk. Otherwise, record the HD version. This feature should be selectable per channel because some stations' HD feeds fail due to rain fade while their SD feeds are stronger. Use program guide data to detect the HDTV flag for this decision.
  4. Allow the users to customize the kickback from fast forwards, rewinds, and the instant replay button.
  5. Allow us to turn the AC outlet always off. When the AC outlet is set to always on, the relay makes clicking noises every time the power fails or is restored. Therefore, I believe that this relay is a single pole normally open relay that requires a voltage to be passed through an electromagnet to hold the relay closed, allowing power through. Since the power supply in some 8300HDC/8240HDC boxes seems overloaded, those who do not need the AC outlet can lower the load on the PSU and save some money on the electric bill by setting the outlet to "Always off".
  6. Port the feature that allows you to restrict the recording time on a series to one specific time from MDN to ODN.
  7. Give us back the x4 fast forwarding and rewind modes.
  8. We need an advanced manual that covers every feature of Navigator for power users.
  9. Map a thirty second skip onto the C or D buttons when they are not used for anything else.
  10. Allow users to confirm when they want an upgrade to proceed.
  11. Before an automatic software upgrade is performed, check to see if any recordings are about to take place or are occurring and wait until the recordings finish.
  12. Replace DAVIC-based communications with DOCSIS-based communications. This is expensive, but DOCSIS has many advantages that will facilitate the features requested below and will allow Time Warner Cable to start using Motorola as a supplier to put pressure on Cisco to increase its quality to compete and to keep someone in Cisco's sales department available during the holiday season. (TWC ran out of HD boxes last year due to Scientific Atlanta's sales department shutting down for vacation during the holiday season according to one tech who came last month! TWC wanted to order more, but its order could not be placed while that sales department was shut down.) Motorola boxes apparently do not support DAVIC, but most CableCARD-enabled Motorola boxes except their SD-only CableCARD-enabled boxes support DOCSIS.
  13. Like Comcast does, allow users to license other OCAP interactive program guides, like TiVo or Passport Echo OCAP version. This will require DOCSIS to perform the individual download for each guide because the alternative would require a carousel, or data broadcast channel, for each interactive program guide for reasonable performance. That would be a lot of channels because there are many program guides out there.
  14. Allow users to select the version of ODN they want to use. For example, ODN 2.4.5_4 was able to handle eSATA, but failed when someone rewound in the middle of a recording. ODN 2.4.9_3 was able to handle rewinds in the middle of recordings, but crashes when an eSATA drive is connected. Thies example is now moot because ODN 2.4.10_11 fixes both bugs, but it still is a valid illustration of my point. We would like this in case the next ODN is a buggy wreck. This will require DOCSIS to perform the individual download for each guide because the alternative would require a carousel, or data broadcast channel, for each version of ODN for reasonable performance. That would be a lot of channels because there are many versions of ODN.
User interface fixes:
  1. Move everything out of the Devices submenu in the Quick Settings menu to appropriate categories like in MDN, and write meaningful help to the options in that submenu while you move it out.
  2. Require a confirmation for a deletion of a recording. With Java's need to sometimes perform garbage collection (a.k.a. deleting useless stuff in memory and moving useful stuff around memory in order to maximize contiguous free memory for new data structures) at the wrong times, the user interface sometimes seemingly randomly freezes temporarily at critical times like these. During these times, the box cannot respond because garbage collection generally requires the temporary freezing of the program being executed to do its work.
  3. Allow users to develop new skins for the box and to have the box load them from the Internet.
  4. My father would love a feature where the user can choose to have the list sorted in descending order so pressing up on the remote will increment the channel number instead of decrement it. Of course, it should be tied to user profiles because I like the list sorted the traditional way in ascending order.
post #42 of 58 Old 10-22-2008, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Features Added!

We now have an expanded sports list and what appear to be more browsing choices under the "B" Find Shows Category.

Jack

SA-8300HDC DVR with TWC Navigator Guide
Guide Version -ODN 7.3
Metro-Milwaukee Wisconsin
post #43 of 58 Old 10-22-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsuinnc View Post

I want both tuners back! (Like my old pasport). I want both tuners to keep the last hour of the channel they are tuned too (if the channel hasn't been changed).

I want to SWAP between the tuners without hitting the PIP button. (and when I swap I don't want to lose the last hour of either tuner).

If I set the output to 1080i then I want it to stay at 1080i, not revert to 480p everytime the TV is turned off.

When I am viewing the menu and press B to find a show I want it to already be on the show I am watching. In fact, I want the menu lookup featuers to work exactly like my passport did. I'm not against change, it was just better.

I want to be able to rewind at least one hour. I don't want my rewind buffer cleared whan a show ends. This is crazy.

6 months later, and i ditto this.

im not seeing the output issue, but maybe im not looking in the right place,

Felipe
TWCNYC: Brooklyn
2 8300HDCs without WD Expander (for now)
360 & PS3
post #44 of 58 Old 11-02-2008, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Just to get this thread active again. TWC, we need the ability to search by Keywords on the Keyboard in Navigator! This would be my most requested update.

Jack

Guide Version -ODN 7.3
post #45 of 58 Old 11-06-2008, 02:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Navigator does indeed support 16:9 so the new Samsung HD-DVR may very well get it in 16:9 if it's set to 16:9 AR. I saw a picture of a Samsung OCAP DLP and it had ODN in 16:9. I too would like to see more improvements to Navigator in general.
post #46 of 58 Old 12-11-2008, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

UPDATE:

The latest version of Navigator now has a much improved graphical IPG! Thank you. In addition, letter wrapping is now available for all directions on the keyboard. However, the following features are still needed:

If we had the following additions or get them in the next update, I will say that Navigator will be very close to Passport's standards, they include:

1.) Keyword Search

2.) Manual Recording Time Slots. (Where you could program the box to Start and End at program times that were not related to the IPG's schedule.) In theory, you can sort of create a Manual recording, by pressing the REC button on Navigator now, and the show will record from the point of Start Time to the end time in the IPG. But the thing is, you have to be there to create a manual start time. I want the ability to be able to program the EXACT start and end times for those programs:

1.) Where I only need to see part of a show.

2.) Coinciding with that is having the ability through Manual Recording to selectively record what I want to see, and not record what I don't want to see.

Jack

Guide Version -ODN 7.3
post #47 of 58 Old 05-14-2009, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Update:

TWC: Navigator users still need: (May 14, 2009)

1.) Keyword Searching: (This is a #1 needed feature that I would make top priority above all other features!) Users should be able to do in Navigator what was a great feature on Passport. This is the ability to search by a keyword (actor, director, topic) and the list would return several items of information over the next several days associated with that keyword. For example, Type in the word "Pasta" and all shows having anything to do with the word "Pasta" show up in the results of what is playing over the next several days. Type in "crime" and all shows that are related to that word show up. Type in "Gregory Peck" and anything associated with him, shows up in the search results.

2.) Manual Recording: (Like Passport used to have, the ability to create custom recordings independent of the time guide grids.) Right now, although users can "sort of" create manual recordings by pressing the Record button for any show, you still have to "be there" to activate it as opposed to setting a manual time if for example you only wanted to see the last 30 minutes of a 3 hour show. Being able to record only part of a show automatically should be a feature option.

Jack

Guide Version -ODN 7.3
post #48 of 58 Old 05-15-2009, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Don't forget eSATA on ODN 3.1. It should be back to ODN 2.4.10_11 levels.
post #49 of 58 Old 06-09-2009, 07:40 AM

This seems like an easy to implement feature. I would like to be able to delete the portion of a recorded show up to the point currently at. During the Olympics or football games, some shows were 6 hours in HD and there was 20+ hours a day of shows. If I watched 4 hours of the show, it would free up 4 more hours deleting the watcjhed portion.

I know I can get the eSATA expansion, but have tried and it doesn't work on my box.
post #50 of 58 Old 06-09-2009, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I have a few:

1. DUMP Navigator!!! Replace it with SARA!!
2. DUMP Navigator!!! Replace it with Passport!!
... Like that would ever happen!

1. FIX SDV. Fix the bug that causes partial recordings/missed recordings on SDV channels. I know it is a SDV problem because I have a perfect record recording on non-SDV channels.

2. FIX SERIES RECORDING. Change the options for series recording. One thing I hate is the default of deleting after there are 7 episodes. I record Beavis and Butthead, and a few weeks ago there were more than 7 episodes before I could watch them. I hate that I have to set a frequent recording to "Do Not Delete" and risk running our of drive space.

3. CHANNEL CHANGING/GUIDE OPTIONS. First of all, Nearest Tune is the greatest thing I've seen in a long time. Such a little thing makes me so happy. ME ALONE, as the default is for it to be turned off. The default setting for this should be set to ON in the next version of ODN. Also, the guide needs a "View This Channel Now" added to the list when you select a future program. Instead of "Back to Guide" and "Exit", which are redundant, there should be an option to tune to the channel whose programming you are looking at, even if it is a few days in the future.

4. FIX EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE. This is a big one, not only should eSATA be fixed, but it should be promoted by TWC. And TWC should sell external hard drives, so they have some incentive to promote/support this feature. Maybe if someone is going to Tivo for more recording space, haveing the option to expand your TWC DVR might keep many customers.

5. VARIOUS OTHER PROBLEMS.
The clock in the IPG should have a second counter on it, as it did in Passport. Also, the little : between the hour and minute should blink again. On Passport, the colon used to blink in time with the second, made a nice way to count seconds if you are not near an analog clock.

The ACCESS MENU should default to the HOME category again. Lately I've noticed that pressing A takes you right to the Free On Demand category, rather than home. I think this is intentional to get more people to look at their VOD services.

Get rid of the "Devices" menu. Put all the options contained in that menu into the regular Settings menu. Devices has always been a freak of nature to me, and I'm sure it's confusing to find options if you do not know about that menu.

The Front Panel lights. There is an indicator light that says "HDTV", but it never comes on with ODN. It used to be on with Passport. I thought it was a nice feature, looking at the box and seeing "HDTV". Made me feel good. Also, the indicator lights that are on should shut off when the box is powered off. That means the indicator for output resolution should NOT remain on when the box is off. It looks tacky, plus for those of us who like to save our hard drives, it was a nice way to know the box is off(only the time was on the front panel). I get the feeling this software was originally developed on boxes without the front panel output format indicators.
post #51 of 58 Old 09-07-2009, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Update: September 7, 2009

Still need Keyword Search capability added to BOTH MDN and ODN boxes.

Nearest Tune should be included in MDN boxes through a software update.

The ability to create Manual Recordings, which would override the IPG pre-sets would be useful so that subs could choose to only record selected portions of a show.

Top priority should be Keyword Search for all versions of Navigator.

Jack

Guide Version -ODN 7.3
post #52 of 58 Old 09-07-2009, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Recording timers for those cheapskates who use VCR's and DVD recorders.
post #53 of 58 Old 10-09-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dufusyte View Post

1. When you play a show from your DVR List, and then return to the List, it should be Selecting (Highlight) the show which you were just watching, and not some other random show in your List.
  2. In the Keyboard Search, it should wrap at the far left/right/top/bottom; in other words, when you are at the far Right edge of the virtual Keyboard, and you press Right again, it should wrap you around to the far Left edge. Likewise if you are at the very bottom Edge of the keyboard, and you press Down, it should wrap you to the Top edge.
  3. In Keyboard search, it should gray out the letters that are no longer valid; for example, you type in APOCALY and it should gray out all letters except "P" because "P" is the only valid letter to follow in this word. Basically, the
    Search should to search through the Guide Results as you type in each letter, and gray out letters that will yield no results. Passport did this. This makes using the keyboard a lot easier, since alot of letters gray out, and are automatically skipped as you navigate the virtual keyboard.
  4. On most Submenus (such as the Recording Options submenu, the Settings submenu etc), when you go to the Bottom-most item in the menu and hit Down again, it should wrap you to the Top item. Similarly, if you are at the Top most item and hit Up, it should send you to the Bottom most item.
  5. Allow option to use Gray colored skin instead of Blue skin for Navigator interface; the current Blue skin will excessively use up the blue phosphors on plasma displays in the blue regions of the interface.

ARGH!!! Number 1 from the list above drives me nuts! Is there any work around? I'm so sick of having to scroll through my entire recorded shows list when I select the wrong old show to watch. It always returns me to the 3rd or 4th most recent show on the list. Why? Why? WHY???
post #54 of 58 Old 10-24-2009, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

October 24, 2009:

1.) Keyword Search is needed TOP UPDATE FOR BOTH MDN/ODN BOXES ASAP: Navigator needs to be able to find a program by Keyword. That keyword should be found in ANY part of the program description. Continuing to type additional letters, should narrow the search down to what you want to see and ONLY what you want to see based on your Keyword Search.

Searching by TITLE is of little value when a list of 15 College Football Games are showing in a list. I should be able to type in the word "Packers" and get all instances of Packer games showing over the next several days. The removal of this outstanding feature that worked so well in Passport, needs to be brought back to TWC-Navigator ASAP!

2. Bring the "C" button back as an option in the Time Grid to do Searches, either by Title or Keyword.

3.) As letters are typed for either Keyword or Title Searches, make the list on the left hand side of the screen reducible to only those results that are related to the search query.

4.) Create Manual Recording Options to Manually Over-Ride the time grids, so if users only want to record part of a show, they can manually set timers to record without having to "be there" to hit the record button.

Guide Version -ODN 7.3
post #55 of 58 Old 01-28-2010, 04:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

January 28, 2010

1.) The following Basic items that should be a part of a 2010 Guide need to be added to ALL versions of Navigator (MDN/ODN boxes.)

A. Keyword Search
B. Manual Recording.

2.) The following features should also be added but make #1 A. and B. the top priority

C. Remote DVR recording
D. Expanded Sports Now Category to work in conjunction with Keyword Search.

3.) All are being worked on in the test labs. Goal should be a release by third quarter of 2010 for all divisions. It has been long enough!

Jack

Guide Version -ODN 7.3
post #56 of 58 Old 01-29-2010, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

RemoteDVR is already in ODN v3.2.0_15.
post #57 of 58 Old 01-31-2010, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvfan2005 View Post

RemoteDVR is already in ODN v3.2.0_15.

Sounds cool!

Have you tried it out? I understand that you need to sign up for an on-line "My Services" account to use it?

Jack

Guide Version -ODN 7.3
post #58 of 58 Old 01-31-2010, 11:45 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't have the account and I don't think it's up yet. It's in the ODN diagnostic menu.
Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page