Is JVC HR529U a high def sVHS recorder? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-30-2001, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I notice a brand new 2001 JVC HR529U SVHS recorder on ebay for under $100.00. They advertise it can provide a resolution of 400 lines and can use ordinary cheap vcr tapes as well. It only has S inputs and outputs. So does this mean the recorder outputs at 400p or 400i? And if I were to try to hook my DTC-100 to record HDTV OTA then would I use the S jack off the RCA at normal resolution or would I be better to try to convert the high resolution VGA to S in order to make it compatible with the JVC? Since I own a Barco 800 multi-scan front projector I would really have no problem with either 400p or 400i but I wonder how JVC would expect an average television monitor to display such an unusual format. I thank anyone for any comments or knowledge they may have with this VCR.

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-30-2001, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You're kidding right? Its just a plain old SVHS recorder, they all have a resolution of approximately 400 lines, that has nothing to do with the output signal. Normal NTSC. Sorry you are not going to find an analog HD recorder for $100.
Closed Thread HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page