post #3061 of 6254 Old 05-09-2010, 06:54 PM
KzY

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrons View Post

sigh...... that's exactly what they told me too, but it turned out they hadn't. There's something about TW's training, it seems, that tells them they don't need to do A,B, C in that order as moxi recommends so they just say "I tried that" to humor you.

Look, you had the exact same channels cut out at the same time I did, if you don't think you have the same issue then OK, I won't try to help anymore But just to humor me why don't you go to Moxi.com and see if the channels are there, but appear as analog. That would explain why your analog box could receive them, and it's also the same problem I had, and as I said, the supervisor from TW did init, refresh, validate, in that order, and wouldn't you know it, the prblem was fixed. It's just hell getting the TW guys to do those three steps in that order.

Thankfully, once the boss did it, my moxi has been working great.

Dave

I'm willing to try/believe anything at this point. How do I tell at moxi.com if the channels are coming though as analog?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 6254 Old 05-09-2010, 07:01 PM
KzY

Ok, I went to moxi.com and looked at the guide. All the channels show up. Then I went to support and found the missing channels section and got this response:

"Based on our analysis, we have determined that an analog tuner is not needed for your particular market. If you still feel there are certain analog channels which you are not receiving please contact Customer Support."

I also tried recording off of the online scheduling section a channel I know usually doesn't show up and get this response:

"The DVR produced an unknown failure when attempting to schedule the recording. Check time window for the show, it may have ended."
post #3063 of 6254 Old 05-09-2010, 07:19 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Based on our analysis, we have determined that an analog tuner is not needed for your particular market.

Hmmmmm. OK, well that's different. Mine said I needed an analog adapter, when, in reality I didn't.

Oh well, I still hope it gets straightened out for you, I was pretty worried when I had the problem too, but it turned out to be a pretty easy fix.

Dave
post #3064 of 6254 Old 05-09-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KzY View Post

I only left it long enough to see all the channels come through. I put it back in the Moxi and the channels were still missing. A few of the channels are broadcast channels, but most are encrypted basic cable channels that are not there. I get about 12 of the normal 70 channels below 100 and it's always the same ones that are gone. It has to be something with the software on the Moxi. I hope Moxi can fix it otherwise the box isn't too much use to me if I can can't get those channels, many of which are not available in HD so that's the only place I can watch them (particularly Comedy Central).

When Charter first set my cable card up I was missing some channels on my Moxi but not on my RTVs. It had something to do with how simulcast is handled as I was missing the simulcast channels. They had to set a switch on their end and re-init the cc and bingo everything showed up.

This was something they had to do with all their new equipment too - they just hadn't had to do it on any cc devices yet.

Dave
post #3065 of 6254 Old 05-10-2010, 04:56 AM

Quote:

When Charter first set my cable card up I was missing some channels on my Moxi but not on my RTVs. It had something to do with how simulcast is handled as I was missing the simulcast channels. They had to set a switch on their end and re-init the cc and bingo everything showed up.

Yes that's exactly what happened to mine when TW changed their lineup a month or so ago. The digital simulcast wasn't getting through.

Dave
post #3066 of 6254 Old 05-10-2010, 05:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sslund View Post

TWC will be back out (yet again) tomorrow afternoon, and I'm trying to be optimistic, but I know this intermittent problems are a PITA.

Just so you KNOW, I'd try and get the tech to point out exactly where it comes into your house...

PS: Ah, I see your DH narrowed it down...

Time Warner NYC (Man North Head End) - 8742HD DVR ODN 5.2.0_9

post #3067 of 6254 Old 05-10-2010, 10:49 AM

Just hooked up my Moxi using HDMI to my Kuro and found out that all other Moxi video outputs are disabled. I can't use my Slingbox now. What are others doing to enable the use of a Slingbox, no HDMI? Thanks.
post #3068 of 6254 Old 05-10-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsax777 View Post

Just hooked up my Moxi using HDMI to my Kuro and found out that all other Moxi video outputs are disabled. I can't use my Slingbox now. What are others doing to enable the use of a Slingbox, no HDMI? Thanks.

I don't have a slingbox yet but my plans were to either just use component on one of the TVs or to get another Mate to dedicate to slingbox use.
post #3069 of 6254 Old 05-10-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaslabrat View Post

If they are using whole-disk encryption (or even just partition encryption), this is a completely expected situation. If a drive is *cloned* bit-by-bit using dd or whatever...then the disks should be swappable no problem. But a FFP-initialization likely creates new disk keys, so the old disk would be unreadable. Just a theory, as I've not taken a look at it that closely first-hand.

Yes, this is pretty much what I suspected and based on my experiement today I am pretty sure is what they are doing. This would also explain why no one has been able to mount the partitions yet.

I tried my old drive again today, even rebooted my router for good measure and it won't boot up. Switched back to the new drive and it comes right up.

On another note, if you try using the original as an external it won't recognize it and says it needs to be formated. Just what I expected.
post #3070 of 6254 Old 05-10-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packetlosss View Post

Yes, this is pretty much what I suspected and based on my experiement today I am pretty sure is what they are doing. This would also explain why no one has been able to mount the partitions yet.

I tried my old drive again today, even rebooted my router for good measure and it won't boot up. Switched back to the new drive and it comes right up.

On another note, if you try using the original as an external it won't recognize it and says it needs to be formated. Just what I expected.

Does this mean we can't replace a defective hard drive later on with a new one?
post #3071 of 6254 Old 05-10-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazelW View Post

Does this mean we can't replace a defective hard drive later on with a new one?

No, it means that once you have initialized a replacement drive for use in the Moxi, that the original drive is then unreadable by Moxi and must be re-initialized (or cloned from the now active drive) for use in the Moxi..thereby causing all information it previously contained (recorded shows, etc) to be lost.
post #3072 of 6254 Old 05-10-2010, 12:19 PM

Quick question. can you access the Playon server from the moxi mates or can you only access it through the main unit????????
post #3073 of 6254 Old 05-10-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut1111 View Post

Quick question. can you access the Playon server from the moxi mates or can you only access it through the main unit????????

Playon (or any compatible DLNA server) works on the Mates just as well as it does on the main Moxi box.
post #3074 of 6254 Old 05-10-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

For now that's true, but they already said that they will not be adding to or enhancing the current service so any changes a provider makes will not drip down to basic users.

That also means any prospective HD streaming is out too.

Hummm didn't think of that. But I'm with you. Not going to pay a yearly $39. fee for PlayOn. Too much. I suspect something else will come along. It usually does.
post #3075 of 6254 Old 05-10-2010, 04:50 PM
KzY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronning View Post

This was something they had to do with all their new equipment too - they just hadn't had to do it on any cc devices yet.

Dave

Just an update:

I called CableCard support directly at TW (which they frown on BTW). The guy I talked to "re-staged" the cablecard and TA and then after a reboot of the Moxi and TA together, all the channels returned. He also said they rarely get any Moxi calls and that they seem to always work well with their equipment. Whatever the problem was, that seemed to fix it (for now anyway). Much happier now!
post #3076 of 6254 Old 05-10-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Whatever the problem was, that seemed to fix it (for now anyway). Much happier now!

great.

Dave
post #3077 of 6254 Old 05-10-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KzY View Post

Just an update:

I called CableCard support directly at TW (which they frown on BTW). The guy I talked to "re-staged" the cablecard and TA and then after a reboot of the Moxi and TA together, all the channels returned. He also said they rarely get any Moxi calls and that they seem to always work well with their equipment. Whatever the problem was, that seemed to fix it (for now anyway). Much happier now!

I may have to do this if I see missing channels again, but my service has been better since they installed an amp and replaced some equipment up on the line.
post #3078 of 6254 Old 05-11-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:

Hmmmmm. OK, well that's different. Mine said I needed an analog adapter, when, in reality I didn't.

Oh well, I still hope it gets straightened out for you, I was pretty worried when I had the problem too, but it turned out to be a pretty easy fix.

Dave

I'm with Charter cable. The channels from 2 thru 99 are missing. I assume that means they are being transmitted in analog, so that I need to get the doongle thing from MOXI. Is that not correct? Is there some way for Charter to supply those channels ditigally for me?
post #3079 of 6254 Old 05-11-2010, 04:57 PM

Liked: 12
wooHOO! TWC came out yesterday, and we had a fantastic tech! He replaced some of the exterior connectors & also replaced some of the cable up in the attic & basement crawl spaces & in the garage, and now life is pretty darn lovely. I love the opportunity to learn, and this guy was absolutely great at explaining things. Our signal strength wasn't too bad, but there was also some noise issue, and the combo was proving lethal for three of our local HD channels.
post #3080 of 6254 Old 05-11-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:

The channels from 2 thru 99 are missing. I assume that means they are being transmitted in analog, so that I need to get the doongle thing from MOXI. Is that not correct? Is there some way for Charter to supply those channels ditigally for me?

Yes, there's a way. Charter may simulcast them in digital. That's what TW does here. Sometimes the Moxis CC gets unsynched and for some reason loses the digital version of 2-99.

From what I understand though, there are some areas that have analog only stations. I'd guess you'd have to call Charter and ask them. Of course you'd have to get ahold of someone who understood what you were asking.

If they do simulcast, they'd just have to initialize/refresh the CC, then you reboot the Moxi.

Dave
post #3081 of 6254 Old 05-11-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickmiles View Post

I'm with Charter cable. The channels from 2 thru 99 are missing. I assume that means they are being transmitted in analog, so that I need to get the doongle thing from MOXI. Is that not correct? Is there some way for Charter to supply those channels ditigally for me?

I'm with Charter too, they had the same problem here and had to do something different on their end because of simulcast.

When the tech was here and on the phone with their cc tech support I was talking to Moxi tech and he suggested there might be an issue with simulcast. The Charter tech heard me repeat what the Moxi tech said and by the time I looked up (maybe 30 seconds) it was already fixed I didn't even have to reset the Moxi.

Dave
post #3082 of 6254 Old 05-12-2010, 06:32 AM

Quote:

Yes, there's a way. Charter may simulcast them in digital. That's what TW does here. Sometimes the Moxis CC gets unsynched and for some reason loses the digital version of 2-99.

From what I understand though, there are some areas that have analog only stations. I'd guess you'd have to call Charter and ask them. Of course you'd have to get ahold of someone who understood what you were asking.

If they do simulcast, they'd just have to initialize/refresh the CC, then you reboot the Moxi.

Dave

Can the initialize/refresh be done remotely by Charter or does a repairman have to come out again? I called twice and although neither Charter telephone answerer actually sounded as if they understood what they were talking about, both said I should be able to get a digital signal. Any further discussion went over their heads. They kept asking me for some printed s/n info on the MOXI and didn't like the numbers I read off to them. I'm not getting the MOXI menu that appeared when the cable card was initially installed. Maybe I should remove the CC and reinsert it, before having a technician come out again?

Dick
post #3083 of 6254 Old 05-12-2010, 06:37 AM

I have 2 Moxi's both are 3 tuners and 2 Mates both Mates are linked to the same Moxi. I got the 2nd Moxi months after I set up the Mates to the 1st Moxi.

Last night Kaye (watching TV via a Mate), asked me to "unhide" a channel in the channel list which I did and she verified it was there. I just now realized I did the unhide on the the Moxi that the Mates are NOT linked to - is this possible?

Feature request:
1) It would be nice to be able to have the option to sync the channel lists between 2 or more Moxi's. Also do an initial sync then be able to customize.

2) How about being able to save channel list "profiles" you can share/load up. Then depending on who is staying in your guest room you can quickly turn on or off appropriate profiles.

Dave
post #3084 of 6254 Old 05-12-2010, 06:49 AM

Quote:

Can the initialize/refresh be done remotely by Charter or does a repairman have to come out again?

It can be done remotely, they fixed mine that way. But that was only after they sent a tech out to my house who couldn't figure out the correct process. I would politely mention what the Moxi support guys told me and he would say "there's no need to do it that way". He installed a new CC and TA which didn't help.

His supervisor fixed it remotely a couple days later by doing the init/refresh that the Moxi guy suggested.
post #3085 of 6254 Old 05-12-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:

Can the initialize/refresh be done remotely by Charter or does a repairman have to come out again? I called twice and although neither Charter telephone answerer actually sounded as if they understood what they were talking about, both said I should be able to get a digital signal. Any further discussion went over their heads. They kept asking me for some printed s/n info on the MOXI and didn't like the numbers I read off to them. I'm not getting the MOXI menu that appeared when the cable card was initially installed. Maybe I should remove the CC and reinsert it, before having a technician come out again?

Dick

Pull the card for a least 2 minutes and re-insert update the guide right after this too. The card menu should come up and give you all the numbers you need - the techs that came out never took any numbers off any tags only from the screen.

Also if you call in to Charter support you are getting their 1st tier support - you need to talk to someone that really understands cable card set up. Ask for someone that knows TiVO because this will help them understand you have a "customer owned" Moxi box.

s/n issue It took the 1st tech that came out several minutes to explaun to their support group this was a customer owned Moxi and not one of their units. They still missed the simulcast issue and tech # 2 with Moxi support help figured that out.

Dave
post #3086 of 6254 Old 05-12-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronning View Post

Pull the card for a least 2 minutes and re-insert update the guide right after this too. The card menu should come up and give you all the numbers you need - the techs that came out never took any numbers off any tags only from the screen.

Also if you call in to Charter support you are getting their 1st tier support - you need to talk to someone that really understands cable card set up. Ask for someone that knows TiVO because this will help them understand you have a "customer owned" Moxi box.

s/n issue It took the 1st tech that came out several minutes to explaun to their support group this was a customer owned Moxi and not one of their units. They still missed the simulcast issue and tech # 2 with Moxi support help figured that out.

Dave

I called Charter (Gainesville, GA) again and talked to someone who was quite knowledable about TiVos. He did send out a new initialize/refresh singnal to the MOXI and I did a reboot. Still no channels from 2-99. However, he was unaware that Charter simulcast these channels digitally anywhere in the US. Where are you folks living that get the simulcast? I don't know how to determine for sure whether I get simulcast or not.

Dick
post #3087 of 6254 Old 05-12-2010, 10:40 AM

Liked: 12
We have two 3-tuner Moxis and two Mates, and streaming is going fine with one huge exception: the Moxi in the living room is unable to properly receive content streamed from the Moxi in the bedroom: the video & audio do nothing but stutter. Content recorded on the living room Moxi streams just fine to the other Moxi & to both Mates; and content recorded on the bedroom Moxi streams just fine to both Mates.

Last week, tech support has had me try different content with no resolution, and they've had me reboot both Moxis. They also suggested rebooting the router, and then rebooting each Moxi, which didn't fix the problem. On my own, I replaced all the network cable & switched ports around on the router, and the problem persists.

Suggestions?

TIA!
post #3088 of 6254 Old 05-12-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:

I called Charter (Gainesville, GA) again and talked to someone who was quite knowledable about TiVos. He did send out a new initialize/refresh singnal to the MOXI and I did a reboot. Still no channels from 2-99. However, he was unaware that Charter simulcast these channels digitally anywhere in the US. Where are you folks living that get the simulcast? I don't know how to determine for sure whether I get simulcast or not.

Dick

Minnesota

Charter calls it something other than simulcast (simultran I think) and it wasn't all the channels from 2-99 only about 10 or so. Here 2-99 are "basic cable".

That sounds like a filter on your line or how they have you set up in the database. Pull your card and check to see if any of the missing channels show up - free QAM??

One other thing to check if they don't show up on the guide are you pulling the right guide down? If they are showing up on the guide but there is no signal then I'd look to Charter.

Dave
post #3089 of 6254 Old 05-12-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:

We have two 3-tuner Moxis and two Mates, and streaming is going fine with one huge exception: the Moxi in the living room is unable to properly receive content streamed from the Moxi in the bedroom: the video & audio do nothing but stutter. Content recorded on the living room Moxi streams just fine to the other Moxi & to both Mates; and content recorded on the bedroom Moxi streams just fine to both Mates.

Last week, tech support has had me try different content with no resolution, and they've had me reboot both Moxis. They also suggested rebooting the router, and then rebooting each Moxi, which didn't fix the problem. On my own, I replaced all the network cable & switched ports around on the router, and the problem persists.

Suggestions?

TIA!

Try this:

Remove both Mates from the network.

Take the bedroom Moxi and temporarily move it to where one of the successful Mates are/were. Try it there. Does the Living Room Moxi still stutter while receiving the stream from the second Moxi?
post #3090 of 6254 Old 05-12-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:

Suggestions?

TIA!

I have been using my 2 Mates, 1 2-tuner DVR and 1 3-tuner DVR mostly without issue since March. In the last few days, I have had trouble with the Mates and the DVRs stuttering when streaming, particularly when streaming recorded content. Rebooting has helped, but I am still getting some stutter from one DVR to the other (watching a show on the 2-tuner that is recorded on the 3-tuner for example.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page