2Likes

post #5551 of 6258 Old 03-26-2012, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

If you have it hooked up by HDMI your other video outputs will not work from what I remember. You should search this thread for HDMI.

If you are using analog outputs only and you don't see an image you can use the resolution shortcut to cycle through acceptable resolutions.

1. On the front panel, press and hold the Moxi and Up arrow buttons until the LED flashes (about five seconds).

2. Then press the right or left arrow button until the LED flashes. Continue this until you see video.

I don't see a moxi button on front panel..only menu.

update: menu & up work!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5552 of 6258 Old 03-28-2012, 09:20 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Operon View Post

JBarrington,

Yes, Mouser is a great place to find that sort of stuff. I purchased the components I used to repair my power supply from them.

Keep us informed as to your progress using a standard PC power supply for use in the Moxi.

(Would have sent as personal message however you apparently do not accept messages.)

I got the mobo plug in the other day, but I'm waiting for the next time that I need to pull the power to reboot it. Typically it's once on a weekly basis, comcast sends out the red horizontal scroll announcing a weekly test of the emergency broadcast type test, but after it completes, the scrolling continues. It must be some sort of bug, but I always have to reboot to get rid of it.

As soon as I test that, I guess that I'll order one of those external type power supplies. The only thing will be having the guts to actually try it out. Although I'll measure all of the voltages of the existing power supply and the replacement, there will always be the thought of screwing something up with the moxi anyway.

No problem on the personal message. I never thought that I would be getting one, so I never allowed it years ago. I guess that I should go back into my settings and allow it to happen.
post #5553 of 6258 Old 03-28-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarrington View Post

As soon as I test that, I guess that I'll order one of those external type power supplies. The only thing will be having the guts to actually try it out. Although I'll measure all of the voltages of the existing power supply and the replacement, there will always be the thought of screwing something up with the moxi anyway.

Interestingly, I used to have this problem; but, it was fixed with the last software update (what a year and 1/2 ago?) Is your software up to date?

Flyer57
Scottsdale, AZ
post #5554 of 6258 Old 03-29-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer57 View Post

Interestingly, I used to have this problem; but, it was fixed with the last software update (what a year and 1/2 ago?) Is your software up to date?

Hi flyer57. I wasn't having any software issues. I was talking about having a possible backup power supply to feed the moxi motherboard if the existing power supply ever failed. If the power supplies in these units ever fail, it would be nice to have something that is as good or better.
post #5555 of 6258 Old 03-30-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarrington View Post

Hi flyer57. I wasn't having any software issues. I was talking about having a possible backup power supply to feed the moxi motherboard if the existing power supply ever failed. If the power supplies in these units ever fail, it would be nice to have something that is as good or better.

I think he was referring to the emergency alert banner and misquoted you. I had that dang banner when I was on Astound cable in California. Stupid thing would pop up while I was watching a show.
post #5556 of 6258 Old 03-30-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer57 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSuburbia View Post

I think he was referring to the emergency alert banner and misquoted you. I had that dang banner when I was on Astound cable in California. Stupid thing would pop up while I was watching a show.

Ahhhhh. I see. That totally explains everything. When I saw the quote that was copied along with the response, I couldn't help be puzzled.

My apologies with my puzzlement. Yep. The software is up to date.
post #5557 of 6258 Old 03-31-2012, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Basic question: Trying to watch Netflix movies via Playon Via Moxi. I can navigate to start a video, but I cannot go to full screen mode - I have the editing banner stuck on my screen. I see buttons for back to browsing, full screen, etc, but cannot press any of them. What am I missing?
post #5558 of 6258 Old 04-02-2012, 06:16 PM

I looked up Moxi again on the net and noticed they no longer sell any Moxi's. Good thing I never bought one as they wanted way too much up front with no guarantee.

I guess that's why they never offered a warranty because they knew they were going to stop selling them.

I still think Moxi has the best user interface. I hope maybe they license the interface out so other boxes like from Charter will have the Moxi interface.
post #5559 of 6258 Old 04-03-2012, 06:35 PM

Hi, I know I'm not sending this properly but I don't know how to start a question...If anybody can help me it would be so appreciated. I've had my moxi and moxi mate for just about 2 years...all of a sudden my mate is showing no hd dvr found. I have reset a million time both units...I bought new powelines, thinking it was that, but same problem. Does anybody have any suggestions...sometimes, the mate, will work for an hour and then it won't change the channel...then if I turn the mate off it goes back to no moxi hd dvr found. Although the mate itself is not working correctly it will let me use the playon! Please any suggestions will be appreciated...again sorry if I posted this under reply...I just didn't know how to do it....
post #5560 of 6258 Old 04-04-2012, 06:49 AM

My best guess is a problem at the main Moxi, most likely network related. Since your Mate is always able to see the computer you're running PlayOn on, that points to the Moxi itself.

When you are having the issue with the Mate, check the Moxi to see if it still has network connectivity. Probably the easiest thing to do is go to the Media Link menu on the Moxi (not the mate) and make sure you can communicate with your PlayOn server.

Hopefully that at least helps narrow down where the issue is really located.
post #5561 of 6258 Old 04-04-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSuburbia View Post

Yep, my bad!

Flyer57
Scottsdale, AZ
post #5562 of 6258 Old 04-05-2012, 07:35 PM

I was wondering if anyone uses powerline networking adapters for their moxi and mate. I will be moving to a new apartment and won't have the cat 6 network my current place does. I understand that the moca adapters work well, but the powerline adapters are about half the price. Can anyone confirm these work well? Thanks.
post #5563 of 6258 Old 04-05-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiguide View Post

My best guess is a problem at the main Moxi, most likely network related. Since your Mate is always able to see the computer you're running PlayOn on, that points to the Moxi itself.

When you are having the issue with the Mate, check the Moxi to see if it still has network connectivity. Probably the easiest thing to do is go to the Media Link menu on the Moxi (not the mate) and make sure you can communicate with your PlayOn server.

i'd like to add to this. i usually go to the diagnostics menu, network status, and refresh connection on the moxi that doesnt pick up the main moxi. although i dont have a mate, if you have this capability i would try it as it avoids a reboot most times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rratl View Post

I was wondering if anyone uses powerline networking adapters for their moxi and mate. I will be moving to a new apartment and won't have the cat 6 network my current place does. I understand that the moca adapters work well, but the powerline adapters are about half the price. Can anyone confirm these work well? Thanks.

i love my linksys powerline adapters w/ moxi's. on my router, i had to set a IP address for each one or it just wont stay working correct. not a problem afterwards though. my bro had to do the same w/ his WD powerlines.
post #5564 of 6258 Old 04-06-2012, 07:43 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rratl View Post

I am not sure if this helps, but I am using MoCA without issue.

Mark
post #5565 of 6258 Old 04-07-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post

I am not sure if this helps, but I am using MoCA without issue.

Mark

Ditto. Netgear Moca $79 for 2 unit kit http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-MCAB10.../dp/B001N85NMI
post #5566 of 6258 Old 04-07-2012, 02:44 PM

Basic tuning adaptor question (Twc NYC):

I have 3 moxi dvr's. The tuning adaptor is not picking up all channels on at least 2 of my 3 units. On one, when I go to the tuning adaptor section of diagnostics, it says no TA detected. On the other, it sees the TA and gives me a diagnostic screen, but it lacks channels in the directory, including 650 and 712. Any ideas?
post #5567 of 6258 Old 04-07-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgershon View Post

Basic tuning adaptor question (Twc NYC):

I have 3 moxi dvr's. The tuning adaptor is not picking up all channels on at least 2 of my 3 units. On one, when I go to the tuning adaptor section of diagnostics, it says no TA detected. On the other, it sees the TA and gives me a diagnostic screen, but it lacks channels in the directory, including 650 and 712. Any ideas?

thats weird. is it a motorola TA? if so, the yellow light has to remain steady after boot sequence. i always use the usb 2.0 port on the back for the TA. i unplug power to both ta and moxi. plug up moxi, wait till channel 2 displays, then plug up ta and have it boot.
post #5568 of 6258 Old 04-08-2012, 08:03 AM

Cisco TA. Tried again now. Booted Moxi with TA unplugged. No signal came into Moxi (so all stations blank) until TA was plugged back in. Then got regular channels but no SDV. Checked the TA on Moxi/diagnostic screen. TA option shows but Moxi could not communicate with it. Message "no response from tuning adaptor"
post #5569 of 6258 Old 04-08-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno321s View Post

Ditto. Netgear Moca $79 for 2 unit kit http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-MCAB10.../dp/B001N85NMI

MOCA is great way to bring reliable Internet to another room. Much better than wireless. Great price on the Netgear, though I've not used that one. I have several of the ActionTec MOCA adapters, also from Amazon but at a much higher price.

Mike

M2 in OR
-----------------------------------
we live in interesting times
-----------------------------------
post #5570 of 6258 Old 04-09-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiguide View Post

Thank you for your reply...yes the playon is working on the main moxi box...any other suggestions???
post #5571 of 6258 Old 04-09-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno321s View Post

Must have overlooked that one. Not a bad deal. Thanks all for the recommendations.
post #5572 of 6258 Old 04-09-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:

Cisco TA. Tried again now. Booted Moxi with TA unplugged. No signal came into Moxi (so all stations blank) until TA was plugged back in. Then got regular channels but no SDV. Checked the TA on Moxi/diagnostic screen. TA option shows but Moxi could not communicate with it. Message "no response from tuning adaptor"

is the light staying solid on your tuning adaptor for the one that the moxi says no TA detected? unplug and replug usb connection both sides also. could it be your usb port? i had a TA go bad on me possibly because i asked for too many hits to be sent to it in a short amount of time trying to troubleshoot it. on the other moxi, can you manually push channel 650 or 712 and view them? theres a way to add channels to the guide i think or channel scan.
post #5573 of 6258 Old 04-12-2012, 12:57 PM

TWC required visit from technician, but problem seemed to resolve when they sent a sufficient number of hits to cablecard. Unclear why first few hits did not correct problem.
post #5574 of 6258 Old 04-12-2012, 10:23 PM

possibly different types of hits.
post #5575 of 6258 Old 04-13-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da4Cramers View Post

Thank you for your reply...yes the playon is working on the main moxi box...any other suggestions???

Unfortunately not. If both the Moxi and the Mate can see the PC that is running PlayOn at the same time, but not each other... I'm pretty much stumped. Only thing I can think of is a duplicate IP address between the Moxi and Mate.
post #5576 of 6258 Old 04-13-2012, 11:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:

TWC required visit from technician, but problem seemed to resolve when they sent a sufficient number of hits to cablecard. Unclear why first few hits did not correct problem.

Did they check the EMM count after the first hit? I don't know the indepth technical process but the SDV channels need to be loaded and recognized after the card is initiated. In the diagnostics you can see the channel numbers under the EMM count. You wait long enough and eventually all the channels will come in.

Sounds like they didn't need to hit the card, they just needed to wait long enough for the count to finish.

post #5577 of 6258 Old 04-16-2012, 02:27 PM

Actually the TA had worked before and stopped suddenly (not sure when as I don't watch those channels frequently). Would love to know if this is a problem I can fix with TWC on phone as opposed to waiting for their tech
post #5578 of 6258 Old 04-18-2012, 10:43 AM

Looks like another competitor in the Tivo space. No word on remote streaming capabilities.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/18/delta-dvr/
http://whitemantechnology.com/
post #5579 of 6258 Old 04-18-2012, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Operon View Post

Looks like another competitor in the Tivo space. No word on remote streaming capabilities.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/18/delta-dvr/
http://whitemantechnology.com/

But it does not state that it has a cablecard yet. It could be a clone of the ceton box announced a few months ago?
post #5580 of 6258 Old 04-18-2012, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
BTW-I was watching a brand new Moxi box on ebay as I have contemplated picking one up, but its insane it went for like $600. Holy cow.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page