2Likes

post #5581 of 6278 Old 04-18-2012, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz3fwd View Post

But it does not state that it has a cablecard yet. It could be a clone of the ceton box announced a few months ago?

It almost certainly uses a CableCard and probably is not a clone of the Ceton Q/Echo system. Ceton is developing a rather robust environment that uses the iOS and Android mobile platforms. I suspect Windows Apollo (Windows Phome 8) will also be supported. Furthermore, there is no indication of a Moxi Mate-like streaming. It should be viewed more as a competitor to Tivo than to Moxi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5582 of 6278 Old 04-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz3fwd View Post

BTW-I was watching a brand new Moxi box on ebay as I have contemplated picking one up, but its insane it went for like $600. Holy cow.

Yeah.. it is nuts.. Moxi still remains the best method to stream to multiple rooms....

Lets hope Ceton and Whiteman gives a compelling reason to switch.. then the Moxi prices will drop like crazy..
post #5583 of 6278 Old 04-18-2012, 06:10 PM

Liked: 16
Question. From what I understand the new WOW UltraTV uses the Arris/Moxi system. Am I correct? Should I switch from my current Insight whole house DVR with the Pace system to WOW with the Arris?
post #5584 of 6278 Old 04-18-2012, 08:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraweiss View Post

Question. From what I understand the new WOW UltraTV uses the Arris/Moxi system. Am I correct? Should I switch from my current Insight whole house DVR with the Pace system to WOW with the Arris?

Better to ask in your local thread. This is mainly about the retail unit. The only thing they have in common with the WOW setup is the look and feel of the GUI.

post #5585 of 6278 Old 04-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member

There is a thread created by Ryan Whiteman on his DVR. The demo is today.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=21925082
post #5586 of 6278 Old 04-25-2012, 04:11 PM

is anyone else having trouble w/ the online scheduling on moxi.com from a mobile device(ex. sprint cell phone) and it not having a scroll bar now nor a way to scroll down to more channels on the guide? it was working ok last month but now i can only see 1 page of channels and cant scroll down. i mean, cmon, who watches sd on the regular..lol. it works fine from every other device(pc, etc.). i even had my brother test it from a verizon cell and he gets same thing.
post #5587 of 6278 Old 04-25-2012, 04:36 PM

Liked: 11
The app on a cell phone (iPhone) has never worked well for me. If you can search with narrow enough term to put your desired program on the first page, it works ok.

Robert
post #5588 of 6278 Old 04-26-2012, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier1 View Post

is anyone else having trouble w/ the online scheduling on moxi.com from a mobile device(ex. cell phone) and it not having a scroll bar now nor a way to scroll down to more channels on the guide.

Just tried using an ATT iPhone 4 in Connecticut and it worked fine. Didn't have a scroll bar, but was able to roll through the schedule by dragging/flicking on it and successfully schedule a recording.
post #5589 of 6278 Old 04-26-2012, 05:48 AM

For those with an iPhone/iPad, there is a universal app that will allow you to schedule shows on your Moxi.

http://andreasamann.com/iOS/MOXI_Remote

I am not the developer nor do I have any connection to him or Moxi. I have purchased and use this app.

Michael

Bright House Networks Central FL:
SA 8300HD DVR
Samsung HD DVR
post #5590 of 6278 Old 04-26-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghyndman View Post

Just tried using an ATT iPhone 4 in Connecticut and it worked fine. Didn't have a scroll bar, but was able to roll through the schedule by dragging/flicking on it and successfully schedule a recording.

thanks for quick response. im not sure whats going on w/ my palm and my bro has android device. ive tried resetting it back to factory settings but still came up same way. ive since restored it back to normal.
post #5591 of 6278 Old 04-27-2012, 11:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 75
I have component video and stereo RCA audio outputfrom my Moxi T3 into my pre-pro (Anthem D2v) and then have HDMI output to my plasma, Pioneer KURO. The audio is fine and the picture colors are fine....except that the video cuts out every 2-3 seconds indefinately. How can i fix it?

Also when i switch the audio input into my prepro to optical, it then stutters along with the video. No stuttering if audio input is RCA analog.

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #5592 of 6278 Old 04-28-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post

I have component video and stereo RCA audio outputfrom my Moxi T3 into my pre-pro (Anthem D2v) and then have HDMI output to my plasma, Pioneer KURO. The audio is fine and the picture colors are fine....except that the video cuts out every 2-3 seconds indefinately. How can i fix it?

Also when i switch the audio input into my prepro to optical, it then stutters along with the video. No stuttering if audio input is RCA analog.

If I understand your current setup correctly, why are you not using HDMI output on Moxi into your DV2 receiver? My guess is the DV2 is having timing issues converting analog into digital, but why wouldn't you want to go digital into the DV2 if you are using it a master switch to downstream components?

(BTW sweet TV; I have one myself; R.I.P.)
post #5593 of 6278 Old 04-28-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:

thanks for quick response. im not sure whats going on w/ my palm and my bro has android device. ive tried resetting it back to factory settings but still came up same way. ive since restored it back to normal.

IIRC the Moxi site uses flash so that iOS will not work right. The Digeo team was going to reprogram the the scheduling site before it was bought by Arris and taken back to a closed, screw the the customer system.
post #5594 of 6278 Old 04-28-2012, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Actually that is not correct. I am able to program, recording on the Moxi site with my iPhone. Have done it many times. Not optimal, but it works. So it must not be flash. I have hard issues with the Moxi Remote app.
post #5595 of 6278 Old 04-28-2012, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno321s View Post

If I understand your current setup correctly, why are you not using HDMI output on Moxi into your DV2 receiver? My guess is the DV2 is having timing issues converting analog into digital, but why wouldn't you want to go digital into the DV2 if you are using it a master switch to downstream components?

(BTW sweet TV; I have one myself; R.I.P.)

I have both streams into the D2v, i.e HDMI and Component video from the Moxi T3 into the D2v. Its just that the component video is stuttering as explained before. Granted, i had never tested this feature before and Anthem had pushed out beta FW upgrade. I'm sure how FW can make component video stutter but leave digital video alone.

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #5596 of 6278 Old 04-28-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:

IIRC the Moxi site uses flash so that iOS will not work right. The Digeo team was going to reprogram the the scheduling site before it was bought by Arris and taken back to a closed, screw the the customer system.

it was working fine last month(march) when i got this phone. the site does uses javascript for sure among other things. i dunno why ithere is no scroll bar on moxi.com online scheduling this month? i have a flash beta on my phone that works fine. moxi support has bailed on us and it only goes to a vmail all day. they dont call you back either so i just hope this equipment last for 10 years so i can get the last laugh.
post #5597 of 6278 Old 04-28-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:

it was working fine last month(march) when i got this phone. the site does use flash. i dunno why ithere is no scroll bar on moxi.com online scheduling this month? i have a flash beta on my phone that works fine. moxi support has bailed on us and it only goes to a vmail all day. they dont call you back either so i just hope this equipment last for 10 years so i can get the last laugh.

Weird I called them last Friday (April 20th) and got right through.
post #5598 of 6278 Old 04-28-2012, 08:47 PM

wow. i called like 4x last week and straight to vmail. ill try again next week.
post #5599 of 6278 Old 04-30-2012, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Maybe the one customer service rep was sick last week.
post #5600 of 6278 Old 04-30-2012, 07:41 PM

Was watching my Fox Sports Regional channel baseball game in HD and I heard a pop then blank screen. Had to force a Moxi reboot after which it got to starting services then rebooted again. I thought I was dead in the water but it completed the second boot and is working again. Power supply on the blink?
post #5601 of 6278 Old 04-30-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane View Post

Maybe the one customer service rep was sick last week.

i was able to reach the guy today. haha. after crazy amts of testing, i just realized online scheduling never worked right from cell but everything else on the site did as far as i know. it is as Robert Duncan said. the 1st page will more than likely only have sd channel options though. i tried 100 combos to try to bring up a program w/ hd channel option via the site on the 1st page w/o luck. guess ill have to get another phone w/ the top 3 browsers ex. IE, firefox, safari for this capability ):

update. bought the new galaxy and after trying 5 browsers...opera mobile is the answer for android users!!
post #5602 of 6278 Old 05-01-2012, 03:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 84
A quick heads up to Moxi users on cablevision.
Cablevision has started to roll out Simulcrypt for their Cisco/SA cable platform.
This can cause your cablecards to stop decrypting channels.
The fix is a firmware upgrade specifcially for this issue that is not massed released.
You will need to open up a service ticket with Arris if you are seeing the problem.
post #5603 of 6278 Old 05-02-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootman_head_fi View Post

A quick heads up to Moxi users on cablevision.
Cablevision has started to roll out Simulcrypt for their Cisco/SA cable platform.
This can cause your cablecards to stop decrypting channels.
The fix is a firmware upgrade specifcially for this issue that is not massed released.
You will need to open up a service ticket with Arris if you are seeing the problem.

Is this a firmware update on the Arris side or from Cablevision? Does this issue happen without SDV tuning adapters?
post #5604 of 6278 Old 05-02-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:

Was watching my Fox Sports Regional channel baseball game in HD and I heard a pop then blank screen. Had to force a Moxi reboot after which it got to starting services then rebooted again. I thought I was dead in the water but it completed the second boot and is working again. Power supply on the blink?

Happened again. Maybe Arris is sending voltage spikes or kill code. Oh, well.
post #5605 of 6278 Old 05-03-2012, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb View Post

Is this a firmware update on the Arris side or from Cablevision? Does this issue happen without SDV tuning adapters?

Arris side and without tuning adapter.

BTW, I'm on Cablevision of Hamilton in Central NJ.
post #5606 of 6278 Old 05-03-2012, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Happened again. Maybe Arris is sending voltage spikes or kill code. Oh, well.

Do you really believe that?
It is an urban myth from the old cable days.

yes, they can remotely perform a firmware upgrade and send a reboot command. but that is far from a "kill code". lol
post #5607 of 6278 Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm running both Component and HDMI signals to my plasma TV from my 3T Moxi. When i select the HDMI tv i/p, video displays ok but not so for the Component input. I just get a blank screen.

Now, when i disconnect the HDMI output of the Moxi, then the component video displays on the TV and the moment i plug it back in, then the component video blanks out.

Can't the Moxi output both HDMI and Component video at the same time? Any HDCP issues here?

- David

post #5608 of 6278 Old 05-09-2012, 12:56 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post

Can't the Moxi output both HDMI and Component video at the same time? Any HDCP issues here?

Hi David,

Nope -- when the Moxi's HDMI output is active, the other outputs are disabled Total bummer, I know.

Saundra
post #5609 of 6278 Old 05-09-2012, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sslund View Post

Hi David,

Nope -- when the Moxi's HDMI output is active, the other outputs are disabled Total bummer, I know.

Saundra

Sigh !

Thanks Saundra. That's what tech support told me this morning. Bummer indeed! My Oppo 95 player has all audio and video outputs active simultaneously. Bummer indeed

- David

post #5610 of 6278 Old 05-09-2012, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Now, here is another dilemma. A while ago, i had both Component and HDMI going into my receiver for i wanted to switch back and forth between both video streams. The reason i did this was that the Moxi wasn't tuning in some channels and claimed something like "I wasn't a valid subscriber..." which was nonsense ofcourse.

Anyways, i wanted to see if the problem was HDMI specific or on both component and HDMI , hence i set up my Anthem prepro (D2v) to be able to watch the HDMI video or the Component video streams.

Now the problem i'm having is that when i switch to the HDMI input of my pre-pro, i get video fine (on a channel i manage to tune in correctly). When i switch the pre-pro over to the component video input, i get the video fine on my TV BUT, it blanks out for about a second or so every 2-4 seconds...repeatedly. This gets progressively worse with time. Its as though someone is turning the video stream on and off in a random manner.

Then when i switch back to the HDMI input, i get normal video but the colors are all bad amd messed up. Now i don't know if this could be my Anthems problem or not but their tech support folks have said they can't reproduce the problem in their labs.

The urgent issue i'd like to resolve first is the video blanking problem. Why does this happen and how can i resolve it?

Thanks,

David

Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page