Moxi HD DVR - Page 206 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #6151 of 6279 Old 03-06-2014, 04:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My worst fears have been realized. Today, just as I had imagined, my Moxi continues to show the old (no longer in use) channel guide. Attempts to set a show to record is met with a message indicating the desired channel is not available. For recording purposes my Moxi is - at least temporarily - a brick.

Perhaps the channel guidet will update soon. Sure hope so. I turned in my redundant TWC DVR some time ago so all I can do for now is watch shows live. Bummer.

Will try to update the channel guide again this evening. Meanwhile I can imagine that I am not the only one in this boat.

If anyone knows who to contact or what do to about this I'd appreciate it. I DO realize it is not a TWC problem - even though they are the source of the issue.

Meanwhile I will attempt to send a tech support email to Moxi (or is it Arris?)

Hawk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6152 of 6279 Old 03-06-2014, 05:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Pull your card, unplug your TA USB if you have one then reboot your Moxi.

Reboot the TA until it stays in sync, slot in your card then plug the USB back in. Wait for a while then force a guide update. It could be few hours before new guide data is released though.

You might have to go to your moxi.com account and change your lineup too. Check here to see if you have additional options available then compare with your moxi.com account.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZBChooseProvider.do?method=getProviders

Is the new additional lineup the digital rebuild?

post #6153 of 6279 Old 03-06-2014, 05:36 AM

OK - I think I have it fixed. Hard to tell remotely - but it seems like I made some progress.

Am at work this morning - so thought I'd see if the Moxi web site would shed any light on my problem. As I poked around the setup options for my Moxi, I noticed that there was apparently a new TWC channel setup option that wasn't there before. I changed my lineup from "Rural Hall - Digital" to "Rural Hall Rebuild Digital" and after 15 minutes or so I again tried to do an online schedule of a show on one of the new channels. It WORKED!

So while I have yet to go home to see if it really worked - all indications online are that it now has the new channel lineup.

If you are caught in this situation like I was, use the Moxi setup procedures and see if your locality has published a new channel lineup that you can select.

All things considered - it wasn't as bad as I had thought it might be.

Will post one more followup this evening to verify that things are on track.

Hawk
post #6154 of 6279 Old 03-06-2014, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk521 View Post

My worst fears have been realized. Today, just as I had imagined, my Moxi continues to show the old (no longer in use) channel guide. Attempts to set a show to record is met with a message indicating the desired channel is not available. For recording purposes my Moxi is - at least temporarily - a brick.

Perhaps the channel guidet will update soon. Sure hope so. I turned in my redundant TWC DVR some time ago so all I can do for now is watch shows live. Bummer.

Will try to update the channel guide again this evening. Meanwhile I can imagine that I am not the only one in this boat.

If anyone knows who to contact or what do to about this I'd appreciate it. I DO realize it is not a TWC problem - even though they are the source of the issue.

Meanwhile I will attempt to send a tech support email to Moxi (or is it Arris?)

Hawk

The guide data is provided by Tribune Media Services which in turn owns Zap2It. Normally the cable companies do not report any channel line up changes so I advise you yo do it yourself. Use this form from Zap2It to make the channel line up change:
http://www.zap2it.com/services/site/help/zap-faq-contact-channel,0,5059403.htmlstory
It takes about 1 to 3 days for the change to take place.
LongRufus likes this.

"You lose it in here you're in a world of hurt"
post #6155 of 6279 Old 03-09-2014, 11:24 AM

Liked: 18
i have 1 hd channel out. it either will say you do not subscribe to this channel or no signal detected. thre was one time i went to diagnostics and it gave the following:
snr: 38.6
agc: 37/43
channel: unknown note: it usually says the # here
freq: 129mhz
auth: unknown tuner
i know i have this channel because the standard def version is just fine. its weird. i've reset moxi and tuner and this has gone on for a month at least. I've had ccv hit sent to the CC too. i suppose i may have a tech come out one day. any suggestions?
post #6156 of 6279 Old 03-10-2014, 03:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Odds are it's an SDV issue and there is nothing wrong with your equipment. In which case tech support will have to fix it on their side.

The other alternative is that it's a channel that's been bumped to a digital pay tier.

post #6157 of 6279 Old 03-10-2014, 05:05 AM

sdv issue it is. ill have to call back or have them send a tech if they dont figure it out from the office.
post #6158 of 6279 Old 03-11-2014, 08:29 AM

Just a follow-up to verify that the recently found "Rebuild Digital" channel lineup corrected the guide on my Moxi immediately after I changed the setting. Apparently they just put the new lineup in a different setup choice and expected users to know to go look for it. I had to setup all my series recordings to coincide with the new channel numbers, but in some respects that was a good thing. I got rid of some old shows that are probably never going to come back, except maybe as reruns.

So far all is well. Have not yet fully absorbed where to find certain channels. But they are indeed organized.

With luck I hope to get a few more years of use out of the Moxi. Last year I replaced the 500MB internal drive with a 2TB Western Digital BLACK drive after the oem drive began to show signs of problems. It took a few tries to get the 4 finger reset to work - but once it did, everything fell neatly into place. This new WD drive has worked splendidly.

Thanks for the feedback and advice. Is nice to have somewhere to ask questions and actually get some usable suggestions. smile.gif

Hawk
post #6159 of 6279 Old 03-11-2014, 06:02 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk521 View Post

Just a follow-up to verify that the recently found "Rebuild Digital" channel lineup corrected the guide on my Moxi immediately after I changed the setting. Apparently they just put the new lineup in a different setup choice and expected users to know to go look for it. I had to setup all my series recordings to coincide with the new channel numbers, but in some respects that was a good thing. I got rid of some old shows that are probably never going to come back, except maybe as reruns.

So far all is well. Have not yet fully absorbed where to find certain channels. But they are indeed organized.

With luck I hope to get a few more years of use out of the Moxi. Last year I replaced the 500MB internal drive with a 2TB Western Digital BLACK drive after the oem drive began to show signs of problems. It took a few tries to get the 4 finger reset to work - but once it did, everything fell neatly into place. This new WD drive has worked splendidly.

Thanks for the feedback and advice. Is nice to have somewhere to ask questions and actually get some usable suggestions. smile.gif

Hawk

Hawk, thanks for the update . . . and for the reminder. Back in the Dark Ages, we used to not infrequently have the same "Digital Rebuild" issue with our ReplayTVs when TWC mixed things up. I've never had that happen with the Moxis (haven't had in happen in years with the RTVs, either), so I assumed that would never be an issue due to the CableCARDs.

Since I've also got TWC, I appreciate you sharing your experience -- if it happens here with the Moxis, I'll know what to do.
post #6160 of 6279 Old 03-11-2014, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post

The guide data is provided by Tribune Media Services which in turn owns Zap2It. Normally the cable companies do not report any channel line up changes so I advise you yo do it yourself. Use this form from Zap2It to make the channel line up change:
http://www.zap2it.com/services/site/help/zap-faq-contact-channel,0,5059403.htmlstory
It takes about 1 to 3 days for the change to take place.

Thanks for this tip and link. Comcast added one of those MeTV OTA channels to its' lineup a while back but it never had the correct listings on my Moxi. I reported it to zap2it on Saturday and it was fixed today.
post #6161 of 6279 Old 03-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRufus View Post

Thanks for this tip and link. Comcast added one of those MeTV OTA channels to its' lineup a while back but it never had the correct listings on my Moxi. I reported it to zap2it on Saturday and it was fixed today.

Your Welcome! I am glad I can help.smile.gif Tribune Media Services is really on the ball about doing the listings update. It used to take at least a month or so to get Rovi to update their listings when TVGOS was still going.

"You lose it in here you're in a world of hurt"
post #6162 of 6279 Old 03-13-2014, 09:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

For the first time in years I received a message on my Moxi from customer service. It had been so long I was initially confused by the icon.

Sure, it was saying my lineup had changed two days ago and I might need to change my channel lineup online, but hey, an actual message was sent! Now the product is on life support they started using the feature. Hilarious. biggrin.gif

post #6163 of 6279 Old 03-21-2014, 06:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Am I the only person with no guide data after next Monday morning? A reboot and manual guide update doesn't seem to be working.

post #6164 of 6279 Old 03-21-2014, 06:35 PM

i dont have any issues. 13 days is what it should be
VisionOn likes this.
post #6165 of 6279 Old 03-21-2014, 06:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Good to know, I was imagining Arris pulled the plug without telling us.

I'll see if it updates over the weekend.

post #6166 of 6279 Old 03-21-2014, 06:48 PM

they usually update on tues and thurs. good luck
post #6167 of 6279 Old 03-23-2014, 07:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Amusingly it seems the service message I received actually helped!

I switched my guide data to a new lineup on the Tuesday it changed, but between between then and last Friday it appears the guide data selection changed again. I went back into the account and found only two options where there had previously been four and the name had been changed from "digital rebuild" to just "digital".

Normal service has been resumed and the Moxi service lives to die another day.

post #6168 of 6279 Old 04-04-2014, 03:17 PM

Hi Guys, loyal Moxi user here (one 3 tuner in LR and a 2 tuner in BR; have a Mate but its not in use) who has read the posts on this topic for a long time but hasn't had any real issues until now aside from occasional frustration. I live in the Philly suburbs and have Comcast cable. Last night after manually updating my guide data within the UI, my Food Network HD and HGTV HD channels lost their channel logo (to go along with my Big Ten Network HD channel). I've seen posts about this topic but is there any viable way to get these logos back? When I log into the Moxi website and review the channel lineups available to me, I noticed the logos are missing there as well. Any advice would be great!

post #6169 of 6279 Old 04-04-2014, 03:39 PM

Liked: 17
My Food network and HGTV logos are missing also, so it's not just you I guess.
post #6170 of 6279 Old 04-04-2014, 03:42 PM

Are you a Comcast customer?
post #6171 of 6279 Old 04-04-2014, 04:30 PM

someone said u have to have call the provider comcast now and have them submit a ticket to arris. i had a few missing since last year but didnt worry about it. one used to be able to have arris to fix.
post #6172 of 6279 Old 04-04-2014, 04:42 PM

I will give them a call and see if they will fix it or not. Thanks. To be continued.
post #6173 of 6279 Old 04-04-2014, 04:50 PM

No joy. Comcast refused to help and supervisor concurred. Guess I'm stuck with the stupid little lopsided square on channel guide and being anal retentive it irks me. TiVo is tempting but no monthly fee is still a great deal I suppose.
post #6174 of 6279 Old 04-04-2014, 04:58 PM

contact arris and state comcast refused.
post #6175 of 6279 Old 04-04-2014, 05:01 PM

Left them a message on their help desk number and haven't heard back yet. Also sent an email to their help desk too.
post #6176 of 6279 Old 04-04-2014, 06:22 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnSudz View Post

Are you a Comcast customer?

Yes
BigJohnSudz likes this.
post #6177 of 6279 Old 04-04-2014, 06:28 PM

They must have done something then to all their logos yesterday.
post #6178 of 6279 Old 04-04-2014, 10:25 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnSudz View Post

Left them a message on their help desk number and haven't heard back yet. Also sent an email to their help desk too.

When you get a response, please do share! I've got TWC, which was more than willing to submit a request to Arris, but Arris made it crystal clear to me not quite a year ago that they would only accept logo requests from cablecos that currently use Arris/Moxi DVR equipment/whole house solutions. As it turns out, Arris no longer considers those of us who purchased retail Moxis to be their customers for the purposes of getting logos fixed in the EPG. Perhaps they've changed that stupid policy since then.

FWIW, most (if not all) of my missing logos eventually returned to the EPG over time. Sorry I can't give you an estimate for how long it took, but it was definitely quite awhile.
BigJohnSudz likes this.
post #6179 of 6279 Old 04-05-2014, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sslund View Post

When you get a response, please do share! I've got TWC, which was more than willing to submit a request to Arris, but Arris made it crystal clear to me not quite a year ago that they would only accept logo requests from cablecos that currently use Arris/Moxi DVR equipment/whole house solutions. As it turns out, Arris no longer considers those of us who purchased retail Moxis to be their customers for the purposes of getting logos fixed in the EPG. Perhaps they've changed that stupid policy since then.

FWIW, most (if not all) of my missing logos eventually returned to the EPG over time. Sorry I can't give you an estimate for how long it took, but it was definitely quite awhile.
My Big Ten channel logo has been missing for at least a year and I didn't think much about it until the two other channels logos went missing this week. It's very disappointing they don't consider us customers and we have little in the way of leverage against them.
post #6180 of 6279 Old 04-07-2014, 10:51 AM

I got back an email response from Moxi Customer Support today, here is what they wrote below. I responded back asking how I should remedy this issue if they won't take my request and Comcast can't do it either. Very frustrating.

Greetings,

We do not have Comcast as a cable partner who uses our guide services. Additionally, the logos you asked for would be custom logos, not national, so will not be added.

Thank you,

Moxi Customer Care

Phone: 866-969-6694

Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00AM – 6:00 PM Pacific Time

Email: CustomerCare@moxi.com

Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page