5Likes

post #6181 of 6304 Old 04-07-2014, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnSudz View Post

No joy. Comcast refused to help and supervisor concurred. Guess I'm stuck with the stupid little lopsided square on channel guide and being anal retentive it irks me. TiVo is tempting but no monthly fee is still a great deal I suppose.

So your just missing the logo, but still get the channel and guide listings? I haven't used the newer Tivo boxes but I don't recall the Tivo guide showing the channel logos like the Moxi does. I have a few channels that just use the square box as a logo but I don't watch those channels anyway so it hasn't really bothered me.

Odd that Moxi doesn't consider HGTV and Food Network to be national channels. Do the SD channels show the logo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6182 of 6304 Old 04-07-2014, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Yes, logos are missing but guide data is still present. The new TiVo does show logos but not quite the same way as Moxi does, you see the channel logo in the description of the show, not while scrolling through their listing grid. Moxi Customer Care sent me back another email after I responded to the first, shown below. I have the SD channels turned off on my TV listings in Moxi, but if I go to the channel list, all of those logos are there for them, so its weird how some are missing in HD. I have noticed that in general the logos for channels change from time to time, I am guessing the networks do this.

Pennsylvania-specific logos are local, not national. If there are other national channels such as the Food Network, HGTV, and Big Ten, then those may get requests from our cable partners to be added as those are considered official sources; we will not be processing any logo requests from any other sources.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us via phone or email

post #6183 of 6304 Old 04-09-2014, 11:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Missing logos has been a problem since the beginning. Usually it is a local issue but I've seen it happen for lesser channels too, especially when they are an HD variant.

Luckily one of the side effects of another annoying channel lineup change on TWC has meant that now the CableCARD or TA knows to pull the HD feed when tuning to any channel, so the listing is just composed of all the typical standard channel logos.No need to find the HD version in the lineup. I now have about 98% logo coverage.

Side effect of this is that since channel listings do not carry an HD designation now the HD filter in the Moxi menu is even more useless.

post #6184 of 6304 Old 04-09-2014, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
there ate several new hd channels w/o guide info about what is on. i can view just fine. already powercycled and had hits sent. they offered a tech..lol. my lineup doent show added channels on moxi site. should i contact tribune or arris?
post #6185 of 6304 Old 04-09-2014, 01:44 PM

I've never had the problem of a channel listed without any guide info as once they appear in my lineup, there has always been a list of shows for that channel (I know when I get a new channel as I have my channel list whittled down to about 75 channels I watch frequently). I would give it a day or so and see if they show up before calling Arris.

post #6186 of 6304 Old 04-09-2014, 06:30 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnSudz View Post

I've never had the problem of a channel listed without any guide info as once they appear in my lineup, there has always been a list of shows for that channel (I know when I get a new channel as I have my channel list whittled down to about 75 channels I watch frequently). I would give it a day or so and see if they show up before calling Arris.

My Food network and HGTV logos are back , did you get yours back yet?
post #6187 of 6304 Old 04-09-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozark View Post

My Food network and HGTV logos are back , did you get yours back yet?

Yes they appeared this afternoon. I wonder of my raising a stink with them had any effect? They sent me another email today reading blah blah blah we won't update it on your say so but sure enough it changed.
post #6188 of 6304 Old 04-10-2014, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post

The guide data is provided by Tribune Media Services which in turn owns Zap2It. Normally the cable companies do not report any channel line up changes so I advise you yo do it yourself. Use this form from Zap2It to make the channel line up change:
http://www.zap2it.com/services/site/help/zap-faq-contact-channel,0,5059403.htmlstory
It takes about 1 to 3 days for the change to take place.

dou have a new link. this one has expired.
post #6189 of 6304 Old 04-10-2014, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz2k View Post

dou have a new link. this one has expired.

Tribune hired someone to make changes to Zap2It website and it looks like they messed it up really bad. You can use this email address to contact them:
feedback@zap2it.com
In the subject line put Incorrect Channel lineup/Listings and provide the name of your cable company, your zip code and a list of changes to be made. If you can provide them with a link to any channel lineup PDF document from your cable company website. It may take up to a week for changes to occur now. Hopefully the links will be restored but the way things look that may be a while.

"You lose it in here you're in a world of hurt"
post #6190 of 6304 Old 04-10-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:

Tribune hired someone to make changes to Zap2It website and it looks like they messed it up really bad. You can use this email address to contact them:
feedback@zap2it.com
In the subject line put Incorrect Channel lineup/Listings and provide the name of your cable company, your zip code and a list of changes to be made. If you can provide them with a link to any channel lineup PDF document from your cable company website. It may take up to a week for changes to occur now. Hopefully the links will be restored but the way things look that may be a while.

ill do that. thx.
post #6191 of 6304 Old 04-10-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:

ill do that. thx.
guide has been updated. thx.
post #6192 of 6304 Old 04-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

guide has been updated. thx.

Your Welcome! Glad I could help.

post #6193 of 6304 Old 04-11-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:

Your Welcome! Glad I could help.
i forgot to mention mox cust care resolved before zap2it responded. i hate no warranty but hope theyll update channel guide when new chnls added in future. zap2it responded today and ned to updaate their listings.
post #6194 of 6304 Old 04-11-2014, 05:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

i forgot to mention mox cust care resolved before zap2it responded. i hate no warranty but hope theyll update channel guide when new chnls added in future. zap2it responded today and ned to updaate their listings.

Odds are you will always have to report any channel line up changes as the cable companies do not do this as they want their customers to use their equipment with the guide that they provide. The Moxis and TiVos use Tribune Media Services and most cable companies use Rovi (TV Guide) for the listings data. Tribune also owns Zap2It.
As soon as you see any changes to your line up it won't hurt to inform Tribune of the changes as this will always keep your data current.

post #6195 of 6304 Old 04-11-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:

Odds are you will always have to report any channel line up changes as the cable companies do not do this as they want their customers to use their equipment with the guide that they provide. The Moxis and TiVos use Tribune Media Services and most cable companies use Rovi (TV Guide) for the listings data. Tribune also owns Zap2It.
As soon as you see any changes to your line up it won't hurt to inform Tribune of the changes as this will always keep your data current.

tru. i let zap2it know of the changes on the email i sent yesterday. they should update it soon.
post #6196 of 6304 Old 04-12-2014, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Odds are it's an SDV issue and there is nothing wrong with your equipment. In which case tech support will have to fix it on their side.

The other alternative is that it's a channel that's been bumped to a digital pay tier.

im glad i waited it out. after my area went all digital and mox cust care updated the guide to match new channels...this channel is now working!
post #6197 of 6304 Old 04-15-2014, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Selling my Moxi system if anyone is interested.

Classified Posting - Click Here

-Evangelo2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBox/PS3/Steam/Origin ID:Evangelo2
post #6198 of 6304 Old 04-15-2014, 11:49 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelo2 View Post

Selling my Moxi system if anyone is interested.

Classified Posting - Click Here

-Evangelo2

Going with Tivo? WMC? Cuttin' the 'ole cord?

Mark

post #6199 of 6304 Old 04-15-2014, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Wish I could cut the cord smile.gif

I may try the tivo or , god forgive me for saying this, the cable company's dvr smile.gif

XBox/PS3/Steam/Origin ID:Evangelo2
post #6200 of 6304 Old 04-21-2014, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well I finally swapped out my original hard drive today. The unit has been freezing really bad the last couple of days. The swap went really smooth and easy.
At first I was worried about the new drive because I was still having problems. Then I remembered that my Moxi is running through my Xbox One. I put the Moxi directly to the tv and everything is fine. Now this sucks about my Xbox One, I love that feature. Hopefully it is something that I can get fixed but for now I will have them separate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Nick

360 GT: Nicky D
post #6201 of 6304 Old 04-22-2014, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Sounds like what was happening with bad freezing when I had my moxi hooked up through GoogleTV. Moxi support confirmed it and the problem went away after I disconnected it. The Moxi doesn't seem to like passing HDMI signal to anything but a TV.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
post #6202 of 6304 Old 05-07-2014, 03:56 PM

Yikes!!  I purchased a Moxi DVR on Ebay a few weeks ago.  After having problems trying to get this box to register I noticed that Charter came up within the menu.  Now living on the Northern East Coast I never heard of Charter.  I found a number and called them, it turned out the box was not returned from a previous subscriber.  They advised no worries they would pursue the matter with the previous subscriber.  I am having a problem in getting this box to register so I can obtain the line up for my area using my Multi Comcast Card.  Anyone have any suggestions the Moxi Setup does not even come up on the settings menu.  I'm anxious to so see what this thing can do.  Can anyone help me get Charter off the box and register the box with the Moxi website.  Please advise, and thanks in advance!

post #6203 of 6304 Old 05-07-2014, 04:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillymelts View Post

Yikes!!  I purchased a Moxi DVR on Ebay a few weeks ago.  After having problems trying to get this box to register I noticed that Charter came up within the menu.  Now living on the Northern East Coast I never heard of Charter.  I found a number and called them, it turned out the box was not returned from a previous subscriber.  They advised no worries they would pursue the matter with the previous subscriber.  I am having a problem in getting this box to register so I can obtain the line up for my area using my Multi Comcast Card.  Anyone have any suggestions the Moxi Setup does not even come up on the settings menu.  I'm anxious to so see what this thing can do.  Can anyone help me get Charter off the box and register the box with the Moxi website.  Please advise, and thanks in advance!

Did you buy a retail box or a cable issued box? If it isn't the black retail unit then you are probably out of luck. The MSO distributed boxes are completely different and usually locked into US providers.

post #6204 of 6304 Old 05-07-2014, 04:19 PM

Did u get an all black retail moxi or a box that has charter on it?
post #6205 of 6304 Old 05-07-2014, 04:23 PM

It was definitely a Charter Cable box and not a retail box.  I figure there has to be some way to get this working with my local carrier Comcast.

post #6206 of 6304 Old 05-07-2014, 04:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

It was definitely a Charter Cable box and not a retail box.  I figure there has to be some way to get this working with my local carrier Comcast.

Not that I have read. Unlike Canada where DVRs can be interchangeable between providers, boxes in the US are usually tied into a system with some proprietary software to make them compatible with the uniqueness of the operator. It could be a brick outside of Charter areas. Does it even have a CableCARD slot to allow activation on other systems?

This is probably the original thread for the unit: http://www.avsforum.com/t/412846/moxi-motorola-bmc90xx-q-a-and-discussion-thread

If it does have a CC slot, the only thing you can try is a full wipe of the drive using the four-finger press. It might be enough to install a new OS but if the firmware is Charter-based there might not be a way around it.

post #6207 of 6304 Old 05-07-2014, 04:36 PM

It does have the cable card slot and I obtained a Cable card from Comcast which is inside the box.  At this point I'm willing to try anything.  It appears that if I am able to register the box on the moxi website it will allow the cable card to activate.  Whats the four finger press?  I'm willing to try it and see if it works.

post #6208 of 6304 Old 05-07-2014, 04:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

It does have the cable card slot and I obtained a Cable card from Comcast which is inside the box.  At this point I'm willing to try anything.  It appears that if I am able to register the box on the moxi website it will allow the cable card to activate.  Whats the four finger press?  I'm willing to try it and see if it works.

The 4FP is the reinstall method when replacing the hard drive.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1303511/official-moxi-hard-drive-replacement-thread#post_19786255

You can try it. It will be interesting to see if it works. Be warned though, the Charter boxes were notoriously unreliable and prone to over heating so it may be a short lived victory.

post #6209 of 6304 Old 05-07-2014, 04:49 PM

Thanks!  I will try to do this process at half time.  Do you recommend removing the Cable Card prior to attempting?  Also, this is so ironic I lived in Carrboro, NC when I attending graduate school at UNC.  Small world and definitely appreciate the help from former local.  Thx!! 

post #6210 of 6304 Old 05-07-2014, 05:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I honestly cannot remember if it's better with or without the card. Try it without first, if the OS install completes the card can be installed afterwards. The box will just pull whatever channels it can through the coax anyway.

The OS Install may take a while. 30 minutes maybe? Someone else with a better memory might be able to provide a more accurate time frame. smile.gif

Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page