Moxi HD DVR - Page 208 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #6211 of 6304 Old 05-07-2014, 05:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Well I tried the 4finger press it did not work.  The box displayed FAIL on it.  Any other suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6212 of 6304 Old 05-07-2014, 05:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 381
Well at least it let you know. You could try a new hard drive but the problem most of us have found with even the retail Moxi is that there is very little hacking that can be done. Finding the 4FP was completely accidental. Before that everyone was told the drive was not upgradeable.

There may be some shortcuts built-in to the Charter boxes but most of us here don't have much experience with them. You could try asking in the other thread and see if anyone is still following it.

post #6213 of 6304 Old 05-07-2014, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
file a case on paypal/ebay for a return and refund. Its stolen from the provider.
tveli likes this.
post #6214 of 6304 Old 05-08-2014, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
It sure sounds like that charter box is stolen from charter and should be returned to charter. As far as i understand, the op has committed a felony by possessing it. Good luck, op.
post #6215 of 6304 Old 05-08-2014, 08:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillymelts View Post

It was definitely a Charter Cable box and not a retail box.  I figure there has to be some way to get this working with my local carrier Comcast.

You're wasting your time .. not gonna happen ..

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #6216 of 6304 Old 05-09-2014, 08:06 PM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillymelts View Post

Yikes!!  I purchased a Moxi DVR on Ebay a few weeks ago.  After having problems trying to get this box to register I noticed that Charter came up within the menu.  Now living on the Northern East Coast I never heard of Charter.  I found a number and called them, it turned out the box was not returned from a previous subscriber.  They advised no worries they would pursue the matter with the previous subscriber.  I am having a problem in getting this box to register so I can obtain the line up for my area using my Multi Comcast Card.  Anyone have any suggestions the Moxi Setup does not even come up on the settings menu.  I'm anxious to so see what this thing can do.  Can anyone help me get Charter off the box and register the box with the Moxi website.  Please advise, and thanks in advance!

If you are still interested when the time comes, I am going to be selling my Moxi and three Mates in a few months, as I am getting a Tivo Roamio Pro and three Mini's. The Moxi has served me well for 4.5 years, but it is time to upgrade. I won't be ready to sell for a few months, because I have to watch through a bunch of recorded shows, after I clone and install a new 2TB hard drive.

Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6217 of 6304 Old 05-09-2014, 08:16 PM

Mark sounds great! Which Moxi and at what cost?
post #6218 of 6304 Old 05-10-2014, 07:23 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

It is a three-tuner model. Are you interested in the whole system (Moxi & 3 Mates), or just the Moxi?

FYI: am putting in another Samsung 2TB HDD, because that model worked fine for two years before it started exhibiting symptoms of strain. I am planning to clone it after I get the Tivo up and running, so there is no down time during the cloning process. I suppose I could always watch through the existing material on the current drive, and do a fresh install of the new drive using the FFP formatting method. If I knew for sure it would last, that is preferable; decisions, decisions.

Mark

post #6219 of 6304 Old 05-10-2014, 07:41 AM

Let me know the price for both?
post #6220 of 6304 Old 05-10-2014, 09:04 AM

Liked: 11

I also have a Moxi HD I am not using, if anyone is interested in it let me know. It is a 3 Tuner model (will do Six, but the cable cards don't support that many). It has the standard 700GB, I believe that were in it, I haven't updated the drive size, but it is fairly easy from what I have read. I never needed to as I stayed up to date on most shows.

post #6221 of 6304 Old 05-10-2014, 09:09 AM

I may be interested in the MOXI you are not using. Can you tell me abt it as well as what's wrong with it. I would naturally have to use it with my carriers cable card. Let me know as well as price for it
post #6222 of 6304 Old 05-10-2014, 05:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metuckness View Post

I also have a Moxi HD I am not using, if anyone is interested in it let me know. It is a 3 Tuner model (will do Six, but the cable cards don't support that many). It has the standard 700GB, I believe that were in it, I haven't updated the drive size, but it is fairly easy from what I have read. I never needed to as I stayed up to date on most shows.

Standard drive is 500GB and it will only do three tuner recording. CableCARD specs can handle six streams, any limitation lies with the firmware in use by the cable operator and any tuning adapter. Even if you have the latest firmware the Moxi is always limited to three tuners.

post #6223 of 6304 Old 05-10-2014, 05:59 PM

Liked: 11

Hmm, odd. I remember the engineer i spoke to told me it was the cable cards that were what was limiting the tuners it could record. Oh well, I still have one in it's box :)

post #6224 of 6304 Old 05-11-2014, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Cable card definitely supports 6. Works fine on the Ceton InfiniTV 6. Limitation is on Moxi's end, not the card.

post #6225 of 6304 Old 05-11-2014, 04:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metuckness View Post

Hmm, odd. I remember the engineer i spoke to told me it was the cable cards that were what was limiting the tuners it could record.

It wouldn't be the first time a cable tech was wrong. Especially the contractors.

Even though it says Moxi on the front in big glowing letters I still remember cable techs thinking it was a TiVo during numerous (and pointless) truck rolls.

post #6226 of 6304 Old 05-12-2014, 04:09 PM
QuadMersed in bass!

Does anyone know if the Moxi will work (to watch recorded material) without a CableCard in it? I would rather not get another CableCard if I don't have to during my transition to the Tivo setup.

Thanks.

Mark

post #6227 of 6304 Old 05-12-2014, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 32
One of my favorite features of the Moxi is the ability to use it with clearQAM without a cable-card. This is how I used my Moxi for about two years. Not sure what it will do if you have recorded shows from encrypted channels and you remove the card. My guess is it will still let you play them back.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
post #6228 of 6304 Old 05-12-2014, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post

Does anyone know if the Moxi will work (to watch recorded material) without a CableCard in it? I would rather not get another CableCard if I don't have to during my transition to the Tivo setup.

Thanks.

Mark

I have owned a 2 tuner MOXI for for over 4 years & have never installed a cable card in it. I use it at my winter home with Comcast cable. It only gets clear QAM channels but all the major networks are in clear QAM.
giomania likes this.
post #6229 of 6304 Old 05-12-2014, 05:24 PM

Its best to get another cablecard. Your current one is already paired to the moxi.
post #6230 of 6304 Old 05-12-2014, 06:17 PM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz2k View Post

Its best to get another cablecard. Your current one is already paired to the moxi.

I would pair it with the Tivo, and then watch through the recorded material on the Moxi. I won't need to make any new recordings on the Moxi. Do you still think I should get another card?

Thanks.

Mark

post #6231 of 6304 Old 05-12-2014, 06:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz2k View Post

I would pair it with the Tivo, and then watch through the recorded material on the Moxi. I won't need to make any new recordings on the Moxi. Do you still think I should get another card?

You can transfer the card to your TiVo. Take a photo of the label before you re-insert it and then you will have the numbers on hand to read off. You will have to call and get the card re-paired to the new TiVo.

You can use the Moxi without a card but the channels you receive may not be what you expect. In this area TWC have moved a lot that were previously clear to encrypted signals and the ClearQAM channels were moved around so much that it became too much hassle to have to remap them every other month.
giomania likes this.

post #6232 of 6304 Old 06-08-2014, 09:16 PM

I have to vent a little on a recent recording issue. I setup to record a series of hd sporting events and told moxi to record after the scheduled time because it could run late. I have an internal and external hdd. It worked just fine once so we thought we were set. However, It then places the show on internal hdd and stops early on an event due to space issue...arghh. the internal hdd turns out to be full. the external hdd had the space available. I guess im grateful it didnt delete other recordings as we have it set. Time to delete these recordings as it messed up the set...argh.
post #6233 of 6304 Old 06-18-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarlowe View Post
I have a 3-Tuner Moxi and Mate that I'm no longer using. It's exactly 3 years old now and was in good working condition when I removed it because of going to dark side: the local telephone company's whole home DVR with fiber to the home. I was using this with a cable card and SDV box from Time Warner and all three tuners were available.

Send me a private message with an offer if you're interested, including the postage to send it in the original boxes.
You should speak and write in English that way so everyone can understand what you are talking about.
post #6234 of 6304 Old 06-18-2014, 08:58 AM

Seriously? thats not called for. I understood perfectly well.
post #6235 of 6304 Old 06-18-2014, 09:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked1960 View Post
You should speak and write in English that way so everyone can understand what you are talking about.
Ahem. Let me get that for you.

"You should write in English. That way everyone can understand what you are saying."

post #6236 of 6304 Old 06-20-2014, 04:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 226
Poster should learn how to read English, it was perfectly clear.
post #6237 of 6304 Old 06-23-2014, 05:46 AM

I finally cut the cord and now want to sell my 2 tuner Moxi.
Should I reset it somehow before selling? As far as I understand, it tied to my
account, e-mail, zip code etc.
post #6238 of 6304 Old 06-24-2014, 05:38 PM

There is a way to reset it and i think its at the moxi site. How much are u selling for?
post #6239 of 6304 Old 06-25-2014, 11:58 AM

My Moxi is hanging on Starting Moxi Services. I have done a front panel reset, and a power off / on. It still hangs at the same spot. It has been having problems with recorded shows, not being able to start them up quickly, particularly the more recently recorded ones. Now I can't get to anything. Any ideas or suggestions?

Last edited by Masrhallw; 06-25-2014 at 11:58 AM. Reason: spelling errors
post #6240 of 6304 Old 06-25-2014, 12:21 PM

Time to replace your hdd. Thats in a separate thread here.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page