5Likes

post #6301 of 6304 Old 09-02-2014, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by miked1960 View Post
Few days later now my DVR went to hell. I was watching a movie all of a sudden it went blank and rebooted got to the starting Moxi hung up so I rebooted it again got up to starting Moxi now went to set up the Moxi get thru connecting to update get message check internet connections. Checked the info all good and active. Now the Shocker from Arris. Anyone else know how to fix these units besides Arris? 2nd unit to have replaced luckly I had Square Trade warrant for the hard drive that went bad.
Greetings,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your Moxi HD DVR, especially after your Moxi Mate recently stopped booting. We have reviewed the issue, and it appears the Moxi is experiencing a hardware failure of at least one component. It appears to have attempted self-repairs a few times, some successful and some failed. Unfortunately there aren’t any further troubleshooting steps that we can offer.

We have approved replacement of your Moxi HD DVR based on our investigation of your issue. According to the ship date of 03/10/2010 from the original purchase, our flat fee parts and labor repair charge for this will be $249 + applicable state sales tax.
Most likely just a failed hard drive. Easily replace yourself for much cheaper but risk losing Moxi support in case other hardware has also failed. Normally wouldn't expect other hardware (besides hard drive) to fail but wouldn't expect a Moxi Mate to fail either. Any power outages/surges lately?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6302 of 6304 Old 09-02-2014, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeitup View Post
Most likely just a failed hard drive. Easily replace yourself for much cheaper but risk losing Moxi support in case other hardware has also failed. Normally wouldn't expect other hardware (besides hard drive) to fail but wouldn't expect a Moxi Mate to fail either. Any power outages/surges lately?
Yes lost power a few times and after one storm kept on having power outages for a couple mins. at a time or go out come right back right away finally stopped few weeks later both units out. I don't see why I couldn't get internet if the HDD was bad it made it through the HDD check just the moxi services would not restore or connect to internet.
post #6303 of 6304 Old 09-02-2014, 04:39 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by miked1960 View Post
Yes lost power a few times and after one storm kept on having power outages for a couple mins. at a time or go out come right back right away finally stopped few weeks later both units out. I don't see why I couldn't get internet if the HDD was bad it made it through the HDD check just the moxi services would not restore or connect to internet.
Interesting, could be related. Spikes during power outages can definitely wreak havoc on electronics. I'm a little paranoid of it and when possible I try to turn off breakers or unplug components during outages.
post #6304 of 6304 Old 09-03-2014, 10:52 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 30
As I mentioned in May, I purchased a Tivo Roamio Pro and three Mini's to replace my Moxi 3-Tuner model (MR-1500T3) and three Mates (MP-1000). I have finally watched through all the material recorded on my Moxi, and am ready to sell it now.

The Moxi has served me well since January, 2010. The current hard drive is a Samsung HD204UI/Z4 (Spinpoint F4EG 2 TB SATA2 5400rpm 32 MB Cache) installed in January, 2012; it works, but it should be replaced. I happen to have another of these hard drives purchased in January, 2014, as I was planning to clone it before I decided to get the Tivo. I can install and format this new drive in the Moxi for $100 additional from the prices below, but you can probably find a larger drive that works.

Condition Details
The Moxi and Mates 1 & 2 are in excellent condition, and the remotes are in like new condition. The item will ship in the original manufacturer packaging material and boxes.
I take excellent care of my electronics, ensuring proper cooling for extended service life; heat reduces the service life of electronics. The Moxi DVR has been installed in ventilated and temperature-controlled equipment rack during its service life in my home.

I provide these installation details to ensure potential buyers the item has never been operated at excessive temperatures. Rather, the operating temperatures of equipment installed in my rack are much less than the common installation in a closed cabinet.

I can sell the Moxi and the Mates separately, but prefer to sell the whole package together. For calculation of shipping costs, my zip code is 60491. The pricing is as follows:

Package Price
Moxi DVR + 3 Mates: $500 ($515.00 with PayPal) + actual shipping costs

A La Carte Prices
Moxi DVR: $275 ($283.25 with PayPal) + actual shipping costs
Moxi Mate 1: $125 ($128.75 with PayPal) + actual shipping costs
Moxi Mate 2: $125 ($128.75 with PayPal) + actual shipping costs
Moxi Mate 3: $100 ($103.00 with PayPal) + actual shipping costs *
* Mate 3 is priced lower, because I purchased it used from an AVS member, and I do not have the original box.

Thanks for looking.

Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page