Moxi HD DVR - Page 218 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 19Likes
post #6511 of 6520 Old 04-06-2015, 05:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I also saw split recordings when moxi reboots in the the middle of a recording. Also, i recorded a series of a sports event and had it preset a few days in advance. The 5th episide of it got split so i wanted to see why because that ruined the whole series for me. I disconnected the external hdd thru the menu to find that the internal hdd went full 100% while recording it. I dont know why it didnt put the whole 5th episode on the external hdd but we cant control that.

Last edited by dz2k; 04-06-2015 at 07:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6512 of 6520 Old 04-06-2015, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
I've had recordings split when the Moxi crashes and reboots, it also happens when SDV fails and the tuning adapter loses the signal but then gets it back a minute or two later.

One of the good things about Moxi is that it will remember when a recording screws up and will try to complete the show when it comes back to life.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one this has happened to, but I'm still confused. In the case of the documentary recorded recently, I know it recorded completely in one recording, and that recording was on the external drive (survived in one piece after everything on the internal drive disappeared, disappeared when I disconnected the external drive through the Setup menu). It was only after installing the new internal hard drive that the recording split into two. And, after I posted, I noticed the count was off on a couple of other series recordings, and when I looked, I saw that several recently recorded episodes on the external drive are also split into two. . . and in one case, three recordings per episode. Weird. I can't positively say that didn't happen before the internal crash, but I'm fairly sure I would have noticed the counts being off before.

I am, however, positive with the documentary: it recorded in one complete recording on the external drive and somehow split into two recorded segments when I replaced the internal drive.

Thoughts?

The good news is that all channels are right as rain after 5 minutes on the phone with the TWC CC magic folks this AM, thanks to the phone number you posted in the replacement hard drive thread
post #6513 of 6520 Old 04-06-2015, 07:06 AM

can you place the replacement hdd/model/size info in the hdd replacement thread?
post #6514 of 6520 Old 04-06-2015, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz2k View Post
can you place the replacement hdd/model/size info in the hdd replacement thread?

It's already there I used the same make/model/size as I used before.
post #6515 of 6520 Old 04-12-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sslund View Post
It's already there I used the same make/model/size as I used before.
ok, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz2k View Post
I also saw split recordings when moxi reboots in the the middle of a recording. Also, i recorded a series of a sports event and had it preset a few days in advance. The 5th episide of it got split so i wanted to see why because that ruined the whole series for me. I disconnected the external hdd thru the menu to find that the internal hdd went full 100% while recording it. I dont know why it didnt put the whole 5th episode on the external hdd but we cant control that.
I also wanted to mention that I didn't have the stock internal hdd in when this happened. It split the remaining part of the 5th episode to the external hdd. I'm also happy to say it didn't delete all recordings on the internal hdd. Maybe that happens when the drive is in its last days.
post #6516 of 6520 Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone know if the online tools are still available for use. I cant get into my account anymore and when I ask for password login replacement I never get a return email. I'm talking about the site that allows you to set up recordings and delete recordings and view online guide. Anyone?

Mike
post #6517 of 6520 Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMO View Post
Anyone know if the online tools are still available for use. I cant get into my account anymore and when I ask for password login replacement I never get a return email. I'm talking about the site that allows you to set up recordings and delete recordings and view online guide. Anyone?

yes, I just signed on to my acct. It won't bring up my recording schedule though. That hasn't worked for a few years.
Dave
post #6518 of 6520 Unread Yesterday, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 100
I just logged in ok and deleted some dumb shows(Lost Girl...really shameful show btw). Recording schedule shows...No problems....

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #6519 of 6520 Unread Yesterday, 01:46 PM

My recording schedule has been fine.
post #6520 of 6520 Unread Today, 05:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I log on several times a day.
I use online for 95% of setting up programming.
I watch for overlaps and the need to move cable stuff to off hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page