Moxi HD DVR - Page 219 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 19Likes
post #6541 of 6544 Unread Yesterday, 07:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 24
update: I found the hdd that was offline and reinserted it. now the rebuild & hdd error light are on. the hdd light was so bright it made me think that all hdds lights were on until I got really close to it..lol. it's actually rebuilding raid now! Thanks for the advice Robert.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6542 of 6544 Unread Yesterday, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 101
BTW...if the internal drive dies on you and loose its data, do you also loose your external storage data once the internal drive is replaced and formatted?

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #6543 of 6544 Unread Yesterday, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 24
No, someone stated the external hdd can withstand multiple internal hdd failures. And according to billcor62, he said his internal hdd gave the ghost and he restored most of his recorded shows, etc. by using g4l ddclone to another hdd.
post #6544 of 6544 Unread Today, 04:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 750
With summer arrriving here the Moxi has been warming up and I've been hearing the fan spin up a few times now. So I had the time, a drill and a bout of curiosity and drilled two rows of 1/8 inch holes halfway along either side of the case to allow the fan to pull at least a tiny amount of cooler air inside.

I've always found it an odd design choice for the Moxi to be in a box with no airflow apart from that tiny fan and it's bothered me for a while. It has to be contributing to the drive deaths and when I pulled off the cover the drive was pretty hot. The Moxi is the only component I have without ventilation holes and considering it has a hard drive it really should have all the airflow it can get.

Before I drilled the holes this afternoon diagnostics reported a temp of 42/107.

Afterwards the temperature dropped all the way to ...

Spoiler!

So it did have an effect. I may add more holes the entire length of each side this weekend and give it as much air as I can. I think I have a better fan in my PC spares I can drop in too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders