Moxi HD DVR - Page 221 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #6601 of 6603 Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
LOL -- I refuse to say how many TB of recorded stuff we have because it's too embarrassing (and because I studiously avoid counting it up), but it goes back about 15 years. Yeah, I know -- I have a lot of cooking shows & sewing shows & quilting shows & documentaries, my dh some sports stuff & a lot of political stuff (that's his job), and my dd has her collection of kid stuff that grandkids (not ours, but visitors) are now watching & thoroughly enjoying. Crazy, but it's not like we don't continue to watch the stuff (at least some of it) through the Moxis or Mates regularly.

Yeah, I've upgraded the drives in my Synology -- it only has two bays and was one of the earlier ones. Completely love it, and the hybrid RAID, which has saved my bacon a couple of times over the years when a drive has given up the ghost. But, it's just too pricey to get everything onto Synology. That was my plan when I fell in love with the first one, but other things have had a way of needing my money in the years since. Naturally.

Thanks for your comments about Kodi & PlayOn -- that's why I liked WMC: it was simple and it worked. I think most people interested in that kind of thing had the kind of technical understanding I lack and likely moved on to more modern or robust solutions long ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6602 of 6603 Old Today, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 54
No to Windows 10 or Windows Bing or Microsoft Ties Up The Loose Ends. Plex would be my other recommendation also.
post #6603 of 6603 Old Today, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Windows 10

I upgraded a Windows 8 tablet to 10 that is part of my Homegroup. It shows up on the Moxi but when I went to access it the Moxi gave an unauthorized error. I have not played with any settings yet so I am hoping it is just a matter of setting permissions on the tablet to "Everyone" in the Homegroup.

I have a Windoes 8.1 Pro server that works just fine with DLNA and streaming to the Moxi. I won't be upgrading it to 10 until I can prove it works on the tablet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page