Forum Jump: 
 72Likes

post #6991 of 7002 Old 10-25-2016, 01:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1657
Plug it directly into the modem and avoid any router you may be using.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6992 of 7002 Old 10-26-2016, 12:29 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
The mate was registered prior to August 12, yet right now shows as Retrieving Data. The used moxi was not.

Some other questions:

1) Do we have any contact information for Arris / Moxi / new moxi company owners?

2) Do we have any information as to how long our moxis will continue to receive channel lineups?

3) The online moxi.com portal is vital for deleting shows on other units without having to go to them physically, plus for online searching and show programming. Does anyone know how much longer that site will still be working?

4) Is anyone working on moxi developments or work-arounds?

It is a great system (even though it has a few missing features my Replay Tvs had - ie multi dvr scheduling / conflicts and multi unit show deletions) but it seems like it was shut down while still in its prime. Replaytv had huge outside development, but sadly it was stuck with SD recording.

I loathe thinking about having to pay a monthly subscription to my cable operator for their box(es) for whole house dvr.
post #6993 of 7002 Old 10-26-2016, 02:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^

The answer to all of those questions is basically "no" because we are on our own at this point just squeezing whatever drops remain out of the system until the well dries up.

If you don't find the answer here then you won't find it anywhere else at this point. You can try emailing the Moxi support guy and you might be lucky enough to get a response depending on the query.

post #6994 of 7002 Old 10-26-2016, 10:07 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLAYTVS View Post
The mate was registered prior to August 12, yet right now shows as Retrieving Data. The used moxi was not.

Some other questions:

1) Do we have any contact information for Arris / Moxi / new moxi company owners?

2) Do we have any information as to how long our moxis will continue to receive channel lineups?

3) The online moxi.com portal is vital for deleting shows on other units without having to go to them physically, plus for online searching and show programming. Does anyone know how much longer that site will still be working?

4) Is anyone working on moxi developments or work-arounds?

It is a great system (even though it has a few missing features my Replay Tvs had - ie multi dvr scheduling / conflicts and multi unit show deletions) but it seems like it was shut down while still in its prime. Replaytv had huge outside development, but sadly it was stuck with SD recording.

I loathe thinking about having to pay a monthly subscription to my cable operator for their box(es) for whole house dvr.
i hope u didnt brick your moxi dvr. it must be registered fully to an account prior to doing ffp. when u got it, was it still registered to the seller or did it immediately try to take u through the setup process that u eventually get to the passcode screen?

did u have a mate and moxi prior to getting the used moxi? i would try to pair it with original moxi. i hope u didnt make big changes regarding the mate on your online account.

1) I think they still use the customercare@moxi.com email but I wouldn't expect much help regarding our devices. they are focused on the moxi whole home solution that generates revenue each month through providers. an arris exec moved over to espial to be their GM. I really hope they just keep the system going for a very long time.

4) I wish there was a secondary way to get the guide data.

Last edited by dz2k; 10-26-2016 at 09:24 PM.
post #6995 of 7002 Old 10-27-2016, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Moxi Mate

So after reading the latest posts I got to wondering if my Mate would still work after not being used for the last 8 months or so. It has been registered since 2014. It came right up and after about 10 minutes it told me it needed to reboot to update. I let it and it came back up and worked just like it always had. I guess as long as it was on your account before the cut off things will still work.
post #6996 of 7002 Old 11-06-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wolf View Post
As a long time Moxi customer, I'm quite unhappy about this news. I've not been happy about this situation since Moxi was bought by Arris. I really wish that Arris wasn't essentially forcing customers to rent equipment from their service provider. It has the stench of collusion between the service providers and the manufacturer that supplies those service providers with equipment.
I read a Comcast faq about mpeg-4. it seems to only affect hd channels at this time and not sd channels. that is at least some sigh of relief.
tveli likes this.
post #6997 of 7002 Old 11-07-2016, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 114
My 2 gig will get entire season of everything in SD.
post #6998 of 7002 Old 11-12-2016, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone point me to the directions for the 4 finger press for rebooting.

Moxie went out last nite and I have another drive to try. This other drive is either the original or one that I configured several years ago in anticipation of an eventual failure.

Mike
post #6999 of 7002 Old 11-12-2016, 08:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMO View Post
Can anyone point me to the directions for the 4 finger press for rebooting.

Moxie went out last nite and I have another drive to try. This other drive is either the original or one that I configured several years ago in anticipation of an eventual failure.
Official Moxi Hard Drive Replacement Thread

post #7000 of 7002 Old 11-12-2016, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Can anyone please help me to get the Moxi programming guide to update/work. I am a snowbird just returning to our Florida house & I booted up my Moxi but I can not get the programming guide to work. I am getting all of my channels fine but when I go to the guide it just shows what is on at present but nothing in the future. Thanks
post #7001 of 7002 Old 11-12-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domm View Post
Can anyone please help me to get the Moxi programming guide to update/work. I am a snowbird just returning to our Florida house & I booted up my Moxi but I can not get the programming guide to work. I am getting all of my channels fine but when I go to the guide it just shows what is on at present but nothing in the future. Thanks
it will auto update the program guide in due time. However, if you want to force a guide update, make sure your Ethernet is connected and go into settings > diag > service status > update program guide.
TeeJay1952 likes this.
post #7002 of 7002 Old 11-12-2016, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz2k View Post
it will auto update the program guide in due time. However, if you want to force a guide update, make sure your Ethernet is connected and go into settings > diag > service status > update program guide.
Thanks for your quick reply. I followed your forced guide update & it worked! Thanks
TeeJay1952 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders