83Likes

post #7081 of 7090 Old 01-30-2017, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz2k View Post
you have a dvr and a mate. I think you have 2 remotes so try the other one for the mate.
I took one mate out of service (I had a spare) but now have run into another roadblock; I recently purchased a sound bar for the mate in the bedroom (Samsung HW-K450) & cannot sync the Moxi remote to the sound bar to adjust the volume. I have gone thru all listed codes then tried programming by search and seemingly, I've gone thru 1,000 codes with no success. Is it possible the Moxi rempte won't control the sound bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7082 of 7090 Old 01-30-2017, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craddock01 View Post
Is it possible the Moxi rempte won't control the sound bar.
Most definitely. Remember the Moxi hardware is ten(?) years old. So any technology introduced recently is unlikely to be in the codeset.

If it's just an updated version of an old product line then manufacturers sometimes keep using the same codes every year and finding a close match in the database usually works. If it's a new product line then there was probably nothing similar existing before to be added to the Moxi database.

post #7083 of 7090 Old 01-31-2017, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
Most definitely. Remember the Moxi hardware is ten(?) years old. So any technology introduced recently is unlikely to be in the codeset.

If it's just an updated version of an old product line then manufacturers sometimes keep using the same codes every year and finding a close match in the database usually works. If it's a new product line then there was probably nothing similar existing before to be added to the Moxi database.
Well, crap. I hate having several remotes. Is there a universal remote on the market that will have the functionality of the Moxi remote but will also have the ability to capture new codes? Not sure I'll go this route since the days of the Moxi are numbered anyway but the remote would be useful for whatever I choose to upgrade once my Moxi dies.

Knowing that the Moxi is on the way out - and I'm sure this has been discussed earlier in this forum, is there any other DVR available for purchase on the open market? I hate having to pay the cable companies rental fees on their boxes however, rental may be cheaper in the long run if whatever I buy gets phased out or needs repairs... The never ending question.

Thanks for the assistance.

post #7084 of 7090 Old 01-31-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craddock01 View Post
Well, crap. I hate having several remotes. Is there a universal remote on the market that will have the functionality of the Moxi remote but will also have the ability to capture new codes?
Any learning-capable remote will be able to replace the Moxi remote. Most modern universal remotes may already have the codeset in their database because the Moxi is so old.

The usual suggestion for any remote is a Logitech Harmony. Mostly because all the other dedicated remote companies are as dead as Moxi. Find one that fits your price point and you'll be set. Moxi is already in their database.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/harmony-remotes

Last edited by VisionOn; 01-31-2017 at 10:06 PM.
post #7085 of 7090 Old Today, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 126
I switched to WoW (Wide Open West) from Comcast. It was painless. I erased all future recordings. Loaded new Channel lineup. Installer switched cable outside the house. Phoned in modem to network and cablecard activation and good to go. 20 minutes.
post #7086 of 7090 Old Today, 12:53 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay1952 View Post
I switched to WoW (Wide Open West) from Comcast. It was painless. I erased all future recordings. Loaded new Channel lineup. Installer switched cable outside the house. Phoned in modem to network and cablecard activation and good to go. 20 minutes.
Cool. Curious about the switch. Does WOW have faster internet speeds in your area or something?
post #7087 of 7090 Old Today, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz2k View Post
Cool. Curious about the switch. Does WOW have faster internet speeds in your area or something?
Based on what I've heard WOW is the best at not being the worst cable company in the country.

That goes a long way when the bar is as low as it is.

post #7088 of 7090 Old Today, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 126
1981 Comcast customer. In October they added a video/internet equipment charge to my bill. I called (India) contested bill and was told pay usual amount. Every month they add it back in, take it out , add in again and add late charge. It has accrued to $30 over my bill. Last fellow said to just pay it and when they figure it out they will rebate me. A half hour call every month for 5 months and no resolution. Everyone very polite and say they fixed it but next month back again. My blood pressure can't take it. If you complained about your wife continually I would wonder why you don't do something about it. So I did. I also have my own dvr so I have no cable box or modem. They refuse to understand that. Comcast is down rezzing output and going to mpeg4 so my DVR will not work. WOW's main box (Ultimate TV) is a 6 tuner Moxie so I should be good for a while.
Internet was available in 25/60/100 increments and pricing. Bundles galore. 2 years, 60 internet/Medium cable for $96 with a $30 increase at end. (with a premium channel) I wanted to stay (no reason really) but a man gotta do what a man gotta do.
post #7089 of 7090 Old Today, 01:28 PM

We just had ATT Fiber installed in the neighborhood so I finally have a viable option to TWC.

Unfortunately ATT Fiber do not use CableCARDs so that doesn't help my Moxi at all. So not really a better option apart from speed which I do not really need. Life without cable television is fine but I do miss the Moxi just taking care of all my viewing habits without any fuss.

post #7090 of 7090 Old Today, 01:55 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay1952 View Post
1981 Comcast customer. In October they added a video/internet equipment charge to my bill. I called (India) contested bill and was told pay usual amount. Every month they add it back in, take it out , add in again and add late charge. It has accrued to $30 over my bill. Last fellow said to just pay it and when they figure it out they will rebate me. A half hour call every month for 5 months and no resolution. Everyone very polite and say they fixed it but next month back again. My blood pressure can't take it. If you complained about your wife continually I would wonder why you don't do something about it. So I did. I also have my own dvr so I have no cable box or modem. They refuse to understand that. Comcast is down rezzing output and going to mpeg4 so my DVR will not work. WOW's main box (Ultimate TV) is a 6 tuner Moxie so I should be good for a while.
Internet was available in 25/60/100 increments and pricing. Bundles galore. 2 years, 60 internet/Medium cable for $96 with a $30 increase at end. (with a premium channel) I wanted to stay (no reason really) but a man gotta do what a man gotta do.
Understood. I won't stand for repeated billing issus either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page