96Likes

post #7231 of 7243 Old 08-31-2017, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojit View Post
I am in Southern California in Spectrum area. I receive all current programming information.
Thanks. I am at my summer home & I don't have a Moxi PVR at this location but once I get back to Florida I use my Moxi there. I was hoping & you just confirmed, that the Moxi guide was still updating the TV schedule. Since the Moxi is no longer supported I am nervous the TV guide will at some point disappear. At that point, of course the Moxi turns into a paper weight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7232 of 7243 Old 09-07-2017, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I have a weird issue on a new 3 tuner setup whereby I cant get premium channels (hbo, etc.) to come in. the proper signals are said to have been sent yet I still have this issue. for those with a 3 tuner moxi that have premium channels working, can you post the 1st 4 digits of your cable card ID that's on the pairing menu? Ex. MA17 thanks.
post #7233 of 7243 Old 09-07-2017, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz2k View Post
i have a weird issue on a new 3 tuner setup whereby i cant get premium channels (hbo, etc.) to come in. The proper signals are said to have been sent yet i still have this issue. For those with a 3 tuner moxi that have premium channels working, can you post the 1st 4 digits of your cable card id that's on the pairing menu? Ex. Ma17 thanks.
ma08

post #7234 of 7243 Old 09-07-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sslund View Post
ma08
thanks for the response. I have a newer one than that now that the one from 08 didn't work. I'm gonna have to have them send signals through again, etc. if I remember correct, you don't have to use a tuning adapter yet. is that correct? thanks.
post #7235 of 7243 Old 09-07-2017, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
thanks for the response. I have a newer one than that now that the one from 08 didn't work. I'm gonna have to have them send signals through again, etc. if I remember correct, you don't have to use a tuning adapter yet. is that correct? thanks.
Correct -- no tuning adapter here. And, this is the same CableCARD I've had since the beginning.
post #7236 of 7243 Old 09-13-2017, 01:48 PM

After figuring out the user error, It is now working for premiums.
TeeJay1952 likes this.
post #7237 of 7243 Old 10-07-2017, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sanity Check

I know the ffp can be a pita, so I just need a quick sanity check...

I tried a ffp yesterday for about 2 hours, even going through the giant pain of connecting it directly to the ethernet port of my cable modem (rebooting it of course) with no joy.

Has anyone tried this recenty? Does it still work?
I see the DNS names are still alive. I tried a WGET to the software update address I discovered back in 2014, but I didn't see the 302 redirect I saw back then. Probably not a big deal.

Has anyone had any success with booting / writing these 4 files directly using any linux tools?
I run a local DNS server so I suppose it is possible I can spin up web server listening on port 34006 and spoof the dns to point to my local server for swu.mc1.dgosvc.com, kinda an even bigger pita that I'd just rather not do.

There are several jumpers on the mainboard (and a reset button), does anyone know if one of them can force the rmadisk boot sequence without requiring the ffp?

Spectrum in my area has moved to a completely digital deployment (Requiring provider owned equipment). I dusted off the 3 Tuner Moxis and Mates I had shelved in the basement, because I just couldn't get rid of them for some reason) One Moxi I had modified to a 2TB WD Black drive some time ago when the original Seagate crapped out - That guy is still fine. The other Moxi has the original Seagate 500 MB drive in it and is in need of a serious replacement, poor guy can't run reliably for more than a day and the seek/writes are so loud.
post #7238 of 7243 Old 10-08-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsloan2 View Post
I know the ffp can be a pita, so I just need a quick sanity check...

I tried a ffp yesterday for about 2 hours, even going through the giant pain of connecting it directly to the ethernet port of my cable modem (rebooting it of course) with no joy.

Has anyone tried this recenty? Does it still work?
I see the DNS names are still alive. I tried a WGET to the software update address I discovered back in 2014, but I didn't see the 302 redirect I saw back then. Probably not a big deal.

Has anyone had any success with booting / writing these 4 files directly using any linux tools?
I run a local DNS server so I suppose it is possible I can spin up web server listening on port 34006 and spoof the dns to point to my local server for swu.mc1.dgosvc.com, kinda an even bigger pita that I'd just rather not do.

There are several jumpers on the mainboard (and a reset button), does anyone know if one of them can force the rmadisk boot sequence without requiring the ffp?

Spectrum in my area has moved to a completely digital deployment (Requiring provider owned equipment). I dusted off the 3 Tuner Moxis and Mates I had shelved in the basement, because I just couldn't get rid of them for some reason) One Moxi I had modified to a 2TB WD Black drive some time ago when the original Seagate crapped out - That guy is still fine. The other Moxi has the original Seagate 500 MB drive in it and is in need of a serious replacement, poor guy can't run reliably for more than a day and the seek/writes are so loud.

I was able to do a 4fp successfully within the last month. Check out my ffp tips here: Official Moxi Hard Drive Replacement Thread.

that is cool how you got the files for the software update ending 9355. I wish you could get the files (or tell me how since I have a box that has it) for the newest software update version 6.1.1.10R4BR-P.338830 that wasn't released to the masses but only upon request back when there was support.

As far as the jumpers on the mainboard, I think we could only get one of them to reboot the moxi and that was it. we didn't get the other jumpers to do anything of notice to us.
post #7239 of 7243 Old 10-08-2017, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
I was able to do a 4fp successfully within the last month. Check out my ffp tips here: Official Moxi Hard Drive Replacement Thread.

that is cool how you got the files for the software update ending 9355. I wish you could get the files (or tell me how since I have a box that has it) for the newest software update version 6.1.1.10R4BR-P.338830 that wasn't released to the masses but only upon request back when there was support.

As far as the jumpers on the mainboard, I think we could only get one of them to reboot the moxi and that was it. we didn't get the other jumpers to do anything of notice to us.
@dz2k

I used the same method as I posted in the last post... These seem to be valid files.

Also, just so everyone knows, it appears that everything the Moxi does is logged to syslog-ng and sent back to Arris / or whoever now... or maybe nowhere, but the point is it's all logged and you can sniff it with a packet sniffer if you have a way to duplicate the traffic. (Managed switch or network tap).

Here's the raw URLs - I'm no linux guru but I'm sure someone here can figure out how to install these.

http://swu.mc1.dgosvc.com:34006/swup...0R4BR-P.338830
post #7240 of 7243 Old 10-09-2017, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
thanks for confirming that. I'm also in a Spectrum area and have been unable to do the 4fp for a year or two. Maybe I'll try again following your tips next time I decide to open it. I was trying to clone a bad drive and it would fail sometimes right away, sometimes after a couple weeks. I thought my Moxi was dying. It would play live tv ok, but would not play recorded content.

Finally, I came across the old 500gb Pipeline that I had pulled years ago to replace with a 2tb WD drive. It worked perfectly and I have cloned it so I have backup. But only 500gb storage. Maybe I'll add an external. I prefer one drive though.
Dave
post #7241 of 7243 Old 10-09-2017, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsloan2 View Post
@dz2k

I used the same method as I posted in the last post... These seem to be valid files.

Also, just so everyone knows, it appears that everything the Moxi does is logged to syslog-ng and sent back to Arris / or whoever now... or maybe nowhere, but the point is it's all logged and you can sniff it with a packet sniffer if you have a way to duplicate the traffic. (Managed switch or network tap).

Here's the raw URLs - I'm no linux guru but I'm sure someone here can figure out how to install these.

thanks, that is amazing! I may have found a way to watch some moxi recorded content via free EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. I watched a 30 second commercial with the name of FILExxxx.M4V. I need to go back and search the entire folder that I got this title from though.

I would get a usb flash drive formatted fat32 with these files and plug into a usb port on moxi to see if they auto install.

Last edited by dz2k; 10-09-2017 at 08:28 AM.
post #7242 of 7243 Old 10-09-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrons View Post
thanks for confirming that. I'm also in a Spectrum area and have been unable to do the 4fp for a year or two. Maybe I'll try again following your tips next time I decide to open it. I was trying to clone a bad drive and it would fail sometimes right away, sometimes after a couple weeks. I thought my Moxi was dying. It would play live tv ok, but would not play recorded content.

Finally, I came across the old 500gb Pipeline that I had pulled years ago to replace with a 2tb WD drive. It worked perfectly and I have cloned it so I have backup. But only 500gb storage. Maybe I'll add an external. I prefer one drive though.
Dave
No problem. I also prefer an internal hdd. When it gets full, I may add an external hdd. that way, I will know that the content is going straight to the external hdd.
post #7243 of 7243 Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Moxi Mate For Sale

I posted in classifieds but it would be of more interest to people in this thread

Moxi Mate

-Evangelo2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page