Moxi HD DVR - Page 42 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #1231 of 6284 Old 01-30-2010, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we're interested and want to help.

We wanted to let you know that you can have a number of Moxi Mates connected to one 3-tuner Moxi HD DVR, but for best performance and experience, we recommend streaming to no more than two Mates (in addition to the Moxi HD DVR) simultaneously.

Enjoy!
Your Mates at Moxi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1232 of 6284 Old 01-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoxiGuy View Post

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we're interested and want to help.

We wanted to let you know that you can have a number of Moxi Mates connected to one 3-tuner Moxi HD DVR, but for best performance and experience, we recommend streaming to no more than two Mates (in addition to the Moxi HD DVR) simultaneously.

Enjoy!
Your Mates at Moxi

Woot! An official Moxi person on the AVS Thread! Thanks for joining.
post #1233 of 6284 Old 01-30-2010, 04:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

Does anyone know if Moxi plans on enabling a record scheduling feature on the Mate?

They only gave the Moxi the ability to watch live TV this week.

Sheesh give them some time.

One thing I've noticed is that the devs actually do pay attention to customer demands which is why the grid guide exists. So at some point I imagine unless there is a technical reason something cannot happen, if a feature is requested enough, it will appear.

post #1234 of 6284 Old 01-30-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:

Enjoy!
Your Mates at Moxi

I'd like to see Moxi having its own official forums. Just so each question can have its own thread instead of cramming everything Moxi in one super thread like it is here.
post #1235 of 6284 Old 01-30-2010, 05:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfdtv View Post

Pause on SD channels is 30 minutes. If the pause on HD is only 10-15 minutes, I think that could be a bug. I'm waiting to hear back on that.

Something changed. I just paused live HDTV for over an hour and I think it only unpaused then because it hit the buffer limit.

It could be because I used frame advance to check out a doppler image and left it in that mode.

post #1236 of 6284 Old 01-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenju View Post

I'd like to see Moxi having its own official forums. Just so each question can have its own thread instead of cramming everything Moxi in one super thread like it is here.

I second Moxi having its own official forums as well!

If anyone have questions and do not feel like reading through the whole thread just ask away. A few of us here have read through the entire thread and can probably answer your questions quicker than having to read the whole thread.
post #1237 of 6284 Old 01-30-2010, 05:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acaoacao View Post

I second Moxi having its own official forums as well!

If anyone have questions and do not feel like reading through the whole thread just ask away. A few of us here have read through the entire thread and can probably answer your questions quicker than having to read the whole thread.

You don't need to repeat questions or read the entire thread. You can enter a search term in the thread search box at the top of each thread.

post #1238 of 6284 Old 01-30-2010, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

This seemed to be an issues with a few of the shows recorded pre update. I cleared/purged these shows.

All the remaining recordings and new recordings are fine now.

I don't think this is the case. I recorded the 2nd episode of Spartacus & it locked up a few times on playback. Does anyone else with this itch have an external HD? I have the 1tb my DVr expander now for about a week but only had the stuttering after the update...
post #1239 of 6284 Old 01-30-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:

Enjoy!
Your Mates at Moxi

What are the chances of getting real Netflix streaming added???
post #1240 of 6284 Old 01-30-2010, 07:25 PM

TheMoxiGuy,

Welcome to the forum, its great to have you here. I have had the two tuner moxi for a week, and I love it. I just deactivated my TIVO HD service. I like the interface, and the ease of moving across menus. At first, I thought I would use the grid guide, since that was what I was familar with, but I never use it now that I have used the default interface, as I find it intuitive, and much easier to navigate.

Kudos to you guys for the most recent update, it is much faster. No waiting now when going back. Its obvious you listen to the consumer, and implement some suggestions. If I had a wish list, this would be it:

1) Give the user the option of deselecting some items on the horizontol menu. I'm never going to use Rhapsody, or the KIDS selections, among others. It would make navigation faster.

2) The thing I would like to see most is direct integration with NETFLIX. I know you can run third party software on a networked computer, but this is clunky, and no high def. The MOXI is geared toward HIgh def, so why not?
post #1241 of 6284 Old 01-30-2010, 08:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 573
Quote:

Enjoy!
Your Mates at Moxi

Welcome to AVS! Are there plans to have the ability to schedule a recording from the Mate? Thanks!
post #1242 of 6284 Old 01-31-2010, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaireroad View Post

TheMoxiGuy,

Welcome to the forum, its great to have you here. I have had the two tuner moxi for a week, and I love it. I just deactivated my TIVO HD service. I like the interface, and the ease of moving across menus. At first, I thought I would use the grid guide, since that was what I was familar with, but I never use it now that I have used the default interface, as I find it intuitive, and much easier to navigate.

Kudos to you guys for the most recent update, it is much faster. No waiting now when going back. Its obvious you listen to the consumer, and implement some suggestions. If I had a wish list, this would be it:

1) Give the user the option of deselecting some items on the horizontol menu. I'm never going to use Rhapsody, or the KIDS selections, among others. It would make navigation faster.

2) The thing I would like to see most is direct integration with NETFLIX. I know you can run third party software on a networked computer, but this is clunky, and no high def. The MOXI is geared toward HIgh def, so why not?

I would make the request directly to Moxi. Hopefully they'll implement it with their next update.
post #1243 of 6284 Old 01-31-2010, 09:06 AM

I'd like to see the ability to delete shows via moxi.com

It's a feature I grew to depend on with my Verizon FiOS DVR when I was out of town for more than a few days.
post #1244 of 6284 Old 01-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvado View Post

It's a feature I grew to depend on with my Verizon FiOS DVR when I was out of town for more than a few days.

Malvado

Yes, I agree. That is a great feature to have. Luckily for you it is already on Moxi.com.

To delete recordings on Moxi.com follow the steps below:

1. Go to http://www.moxi.com. Sign on using your account information.
2. The select Manage moxi devices
3. Select your DVR
4. On the right side, there is a section Manage Recorded TV.
5. Click the Recorded tab

Recorded folders need to be expanded with the "+" button, then you can delete the individual episodes. It might take a few moments to load, depending on your network connection and number of recordings.

Don't select too many recordings to delete at once; it deletes them just as if you deleted each one on the box. If you have the TV on, you can see the Recorded TV menu refresh after each episode is deleted. If you select too many, it queues them up and can take a while.

Hope this helps!
post #1245 of 6284 Old 01-31-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:

Malvado

Yes, I agree. That is a great feature to have. Luckily for you it is already on Moxi.com.

To delete recordings on Moxi.com follow the steps below:

1. Go to http://www.moxi.com. Sign on using your account information.
2. The select Manage moxi devices
3. Select your DVR
4. On the right side, there is a section Manage Recorded TV.
5. Click the Recorded tab

Recorded folders need to be expanded with the "+" button, then you can delete the individual episodes. It might take a few moments to load, depending on your network connection and number of recordings.

Don't select too many recordings to delete at once; it deletes them just as if you deleted each one on the box. If you have the TV on, you can see the Recorded TV menu refresh after each episode is deleted. If you select too many, it queues them up and can take a while.

Hope this helps!

Ahaa! Bit of an oversight on my part. Thanks!

Now, am I missing the part where you really can't tell which episode in the series you are deleting because there isn't a descripiton available?
post #1246 of 6284 Old 01-31-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvado View Post

you can delete shows via moxi.com
post #1247 of 6284 Old 01-31-2010, 03:19 PM

Two bugs. I put both of them in as support requests.

1) I find with h.264 encoded video on a remote drive will not pause. The time 'bar' and pause sign comes up, but the video just keeps going. I hit stop, then restarted the video and paused it right at the beginning. This worked, but then a few minutes later it wouldn't pause again.

This is on my moxi mate. The video is stored on a Netgear Stora.

2) On my primary moxi - the optical audio out does not work with h.264 video. Same deal - stored on my Stora. The HDMI audio stream to my tele works - so I can still hear it if I use that. But the optical goes into my surround sound system and does not play that audio. Also, I noticed that my surround sound NEVER plays the moxi 'sound effects' for button presses.

Also -

Man. Has the Moxi converted me in a hurry. In just a few days I /love/ the HD menu, sports menu, movie menu. Suddenly watching live TV is an option. I haven't done that in YEARS. Who would of thought that a better DVR would have me watching more live TV? Also, being able to ditch the ATV for my kids movies is awsome. And scrolling through the one channel w/o having to look at the grid is cool too. I thought the grid was critical - now I am not using it any more. (course - I really shouldn't watch any more tv....)
post #1248 of 6284 Old 01-31-2010, 04:22 PM

[quote=haveitall;18042466]Two bugs. I put both of them in as support requests.

Also, I noticed that my surround sound NEVER plays the moxi 'sound effects' for button presses.

Ditto on this...no sound effects using HDMI into DENON 3808ci
post #1249 of 6284 Old 01-31-2010, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveitall View Post

2) On my primary moxi - the optical audio out does not work with h.264 video. Same deal - stored on my Stora. The HDMI audio stream to my tele works - so I can still hear it if I use that. But the optical goes into my surround sound system and does not play that audio. Also, I noticed that my surround sound NEVER plays the moxi 'sound effects' for button presses.

I have the same issue. I tried many different encoding tests as well with no success...

mp4 with AC3 (DD) passthrough - FAIL
mp4 with 5.1 AAC Audio - FAIL

My receiver NEVER gets the audio via ToSLink...
post #1250 of 6284 Old 01-31-2010, 05:37 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Same deal - stored on my Stora. The HDMI audio stream to my tele works - so I can still hear it if I use that. But the optical goes into my surround sound system and does not play that audio.

So why don't you plug the hdmi into your receiver?
post #1251 of 6284 Old 01-31-2010, 06:06 PM

You tell my wife that I am buying a SECOND hdmi reciever in 12 months....

It is an awsome reciever - just no HDMI....
post #1252 of 6284 Old 01-31-2010, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrons View Post

So why don't you plug the hdmi into your receiver?

For one reeason, it make no difference... The problem seems to be that the Moxi does not decode 5.1 sounds from an mp4 stream. If I turn off Dolby Digitatl output, all is fine. If I let the sound go through the HDMI to my tv, and then out from my Pio Elite 151FD to my receiver via ToSLink I only get stereo sound... Something is not right with the hadnling ni the Moxi as the PS3 docodes it correctly...

PS. This is not a HUGE deal to me but it would be nice if it could properly handle 5.1
post #1253 of 6284 Old 01-31-2010, 06:26 PM

I just put in another support request. My movie library is listed alphebetically by CASE. That is - capital letters A-Z then lower case a-z. This isn't for tv shows - just for my h.264 collection accessed through the 'user favorites' folder....

(She Who Must Be Obeyed complained about the 'Random order of the movies'. Then she said... Don't the developers have these at home? Doesn't this annoy their wives?)
post #1254 of 6284 Old 01-31-2010, 07:52 PM

Yah - the 5.1 isn't a huge deal to me because all the movies are my kids DVD's ripped.

Their discerning tastes are ... well ... not discerning.

It could be mono and a black-and-white hand-puppet show. It would still induce the coma. Digital morphine baby....

(Must we watch Cars for the 989th time???)
post #1255 of 6284 Old 01-31-2010, 11:01 PM

Settings
Closed Caption
Display Preferences
Character Backgound: translucent

This helps us old people, who need to use the closed caption, it lets you see the backgound.
post #1256 of 6284 Old 02-01-2010, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarenceh9 View Post

Settings
Closed Caption
Display Preferences
Character Backgound: translucent

This helps us old people, who need to use the closed caption, it lets you see the backgound.

On a side note. It looks like you can turn on closed caption on the Moxi Mates. I do not remembering being able to do this before.
post #1257 of 6284 Old 02-01-2010, 07:03 AM

OK,

Yesterday Cox sent our a message that testing was going to occur at 1:30 AM. This ran in a horizontal red banner scrolling across the screen 2/3rds the way up the screen. I can't find a way to get rid of it!, It is still there this morning (but, surprisingly, not on the STB) Anybody know how to jettison this message?

Flyer57
Scottsdale, AZ
post #1258 of 6284 Old 02-01-2010, 08:08 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer57 View Post

OK,

Yesterday Cox sent our a message that testing was going to occur at 1:30 AM. This ran in a horizontal red banner scrolling across the screen 2/3rds the way up the screen. I can't find a way to get rid of it!, It is still there this morning (but, surprisingly, not on the STB) Anybody know how to jettison this message?

Yes, I've noticed this before, (TWC, Northern Manhattan), and was impossible short of a hard re-boot, to eliminate. Though, I haven't seen this since the "Update" and thought, perhaps incorrectly, that Moxi corrected the phenomenon.

JF
post #1259 of 6284 Old 02-01-2010, 08:51 AM

Thanks,

I'll do that when I get home. Wonder if it records that banner with anything recorded now until it is rebooted....It would be nice to be able to reboot the Moxi remotely

Flyer57
Scottsdale, AZ
post #1260 of 6284 Old 02-01-2010, 10:06 AM

Just want to throw my support in for the ability to schedule recordings from the mate. That's pretty much the only thing stopping me from buying a 3 tuner model.

Native Netflix support would be amazing but I'll settle for the scheduling from a Mate.

The more bullets in your belt the more trouble you can shoot.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page