post #3961 of 18394 Old 04-09-2009, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProsPops View Post

So far it looks promising.

Mine also. I like the new "time since last reboot" clock when you enter the diagnostics menu, although the old power cycle counter was useful if reset periodically. Anyway, I'll give it a week before I declare victory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3962 of 18394 Old 04-09-2009, 10:08 PM

So. I have been lurking here for months. I got my DVR in the second shipment in January, and was thrilled with it initially. I read on this board about all the reboots, and was a bit smug that I had nothing of the sort. For almost two months. (I updated to the F202 software immediately out of the box.) However, about two weeks ago, my DVR started resetting with increasing frequency, to the point where it was resetting and/or locking up approximately two times per hour this past weekend. Just wanted to report in that I have had the DVR on all evening (for several hours now) with no resets yet (a few hours may not sound like much, but trust me - this is a big deal for my box). I am very pleased. If you are hesitating on the F206 update - don't.
post #3963 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 02:50 AM

I updated to F206 and found the Counters menu in Diagnostics (Menu>Setup>System Setup>Diagnostics>Counters) to be different than I remembered it in F201 . It appears to be tracking more information on the causes of the reboots. It contains the following

HDD Information
SMART status:
Last DST Result:
Hard Drive Info:
Hard Drive Error Count:

Reset Information
Software ID:
Software csum:
Seconds since last boot:
Power cycles total:
Exceptions total:
Cold boot count:
Warm boot count:
Timeout count:
Watchdog count:
System up count:
Last recorded reason:

No reset history

It didn't have the timer since the last reboot, but I don't remember it having the "Cold boot", "Warm boot", "Timeout", or "Watchdog" counters or the "Last recorded reason". It might just be my bad memory not recalling them in F201, but if they weren't there it appears they recognize different reasons for the reboots occurring and want to get info in these counters from users for troubleshooting purposes.
post #3964 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 04:34 AM

For comparison, here are the entries from F201 under Menu->Setup->System Setup->Diagnostics->Counters:

HDD Information
SMART status:
Last DST Result:
Hard Drive Info:
Hard Drive Error Count:

Reset Information
Software ID:
Software csum:
No of Power Cycles total:
No of Exceptions total:
No reset history

F206 seems to have quite a bit more detailed information about resets. It makes sense that the designers debugging the reset problem would add more diagnostics around this problem.
post #3965 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMPY View Post

So. I have been lurking here for months. I got my DVR in the second shipment in January, and was thrilled with it initially. I read on this board about all the reboots, and was a bit smug that I had nothing of the sort. For almost two months. (I updated to the F202 software immediately out of the box.) However, about two weeks ago, my DVR started resetting with increasing frequency, to the point where it was resetting and/or locking up approximately two times per hour this past weekend. Just wanted to report in that I have had the DVR on all evening (for several hours now) with no resets yet (a few hours may not sound like much, but trust me - this is a big deal for my box). I am very pleased. If you are hesitating on the F206 update - don't.

That's encouraging, KAMPY! Thanks for the report and Welcome!
post #3966 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProsPops View Post

Isn't there anyone out there left that has a box that experienced multiple daily (or even weekly) reboots/lockups that did NOT send it back for a replacement?
These are the folks we need to hear from about the effectiveness of the F206 FW. I know you will want to wait a few days to "see what happens" but it would be nice to know if any of you still fit this criteria.

I do, but I don't know what difference that makes. My In-Laws use it, and they only have dial up. They will have to wait until they can download it.
post #3967 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 05:43 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanlaw View Post

Mine also. I like the new "time since last reboot" clock when you enter the diagnostics menu, although the old power cycle counter was useful if reset periodically. Anyway, I'll give it a week before I declare victory.

A lot of us on the sidelines are closely following this thread. When you declare victory can you also describe what you experienced pre-F206? It's difficult to try and recall what each poster previously experienced. And, allanlaw and others, daily reports would be welcomed (provided you're using the machine) even if it's a one-liner that says: this is what it did previously and it's now day 4 and no reboots / whatever to report.
post #3968 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 05:58 AM

I think I got the 206 upgrade two days ago, via an always-on ethernet connection. Now my program guide information only goes out about one day, after which I get solid bands of "No Information Available". I've done a forced update twice and still no guide info. I've also done the initial re-setup after the upgrade and another Factory Defaults upgrade. Have I got something set wrong or is anybody else having this problem.
Incidentally, one of the PBS stations here in DC apparently never provided program info. This meant I could not just Select a program for recording. But if I knew (from the hard copy TV guide) when a program was scheduled to run, I found that if I selected a program on a nearby channel for recording at the same time that I wanted to record that PBS station, I could change the channel in the recording setup screen, so that in effect I could manually set the programming. But with all the channels showing up as No Information, this doesn't work.
post #3969 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 05:59 AM

The 2 main improvements from the f206 update in my opinion is that the skip forward/backward and ff and rw are much more responsive, almost instantaneous now. They always felt sluggish before but now are real quick with no lag time. Kudos for fixing this. The other fix i see is that the DVR no longer hangs on a station that is off air. It use to hang on a station off air and then go back the lowest numbered station. It did this especially on PBS stations that were off air. This is fixed now. I see a few differences as others mentioned turning off the TV guide in the guide display. One thing of note that hasn't been fixed is the random order of programs inside a folder when you have "title folder" set in your options when viewing recordings. So again, I've only been fooling with it an hour or so but better responsiveness is a big improvement in my opinion.
post #3970 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflemin View Post

I think I got the 206 upgrade two days ago, via an always-on ethernet connection. Now my program guide information only goes out about one day, after which I get solid bands of "No Information Available". I've done a forced update twice and still no guide info. I've also done the initial re-setup after the upgrade and another Factory Defaults upgrade. Have I got something set wrong or is anybody else having this problem.
Incidentally, one of the PBS stations here in DC apparently never provided program info. This meant I could not just Select a program for recording. But if I knew (from the hard copy TV guide) when a program was scheduled to run, I found that if I selected a program on a nearby channel for recording at the same time that I wanted to record that PBS station, I could change the channel in the recording setup screen, so that in effect I could manually set the programming. But with all the channels showing up as No Information, this doesn't work.

You may be having the same problem that I am having, which started about one week ago. I have stopped receiving WUSA-DT CBS in Washington, DC. My problem is NOT related to the F206 firmware since I am still on F201.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegGuheert View Post

About a week ago I noticed that I was not receiving WUSA-DT in Washington anymore. This is true both on my DTVPal DVR as well as my Samsung TV. Since they are the local CBS affiliate, I have also stopped receiving TVGOS data on the DTVPal DVR. I am now down to less then 2 days of TVGOS remaining. I have no idea whether the problem is on my end or theirs.

I did rearrange my entertainment center on Saturday to make accommodations for a new SlingBox, but since then, everything else still seems normal. Antenna cabling from the wall was moved some, but the arrangement of the antenna, amplifiers and splitters is the same. I still receive WDCA, which is in the adjacent frequency, with no difficulties.

Is everyone else having problems with WUSA, or is it just me? Assuming it is just me, will the box somehow switch to using PSIP once the TVGOS runs out?

Thoughts?

Reg

P.S. Forgot to ask: Did WUSA move back to VHF (Channel 9)? I tried to find it there, but failed. But I think my CM7777 is currently NOT set to provide both VHF and UHF from my CM4228, so I may not see it until I go up and change the setting. I MAY not receive it even if I change the setting, due to the lower gain at VHF frequencies.

Can you still receive channel 9?

Yesterday I spent some time on this problem with my brother, chapelrun, but I was unable to receive this channel successfully. chapelrun lives nearby, but has much better reception than I do. He is not having this problem. I suspect WUSA has changed something on their end. All that said, I'm not going to lose much sleep over this until after they move back to physical channel 9, since anything I do today would be wasted in a couple of months.

My last bit of TVGOS data is this afternoon. After that, I will likely be down to PSIP data. As such, I will be interested to hear if the new firmware will fix all/some of the problems with schedulings recordings where there is no data. Particularly I am interested in whether the box still treats "No Data Available" as one long program, which means that once you schedule one thing in this region, all other scheduling on this channel is prevented. After 2 recordings in this region on different channels, then both tuners are unavailable for ALL channels, preventing further recordings from being set up.

Thoughts?

Reg
post #3971 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 07:13 AM

Hi everyone,

I too have been lurking and waiting for the updated DTVPal DVR. Glad to see there is progress towards a new reveision. I will probaly be buying a unit sometime near the new switch over date.

Regarding TVGOS, for the past week the TVGOS for my Sony RDR HX 900 has been showing "No Listing". All of my channels come from Boston. My e-mails to WGBH (PBS) and to WBZ (CBS) about TVGOS have gone unanswered. So, in this area there is some probelm with TVGOS here. Others have also reported TVGOS problems in other parts of the country. So this maybe what is affecting some DTVPal Dvr's.

I hope this helps.

Ken M.
post #3972 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualsensation View Post

I got the 106 update automatically...but haven't noticed any changes. My DVR has worked flawlessly before the update, so I probably should have had the ethernet disconnected. I didn't know about the update in advance and thought my DVR had a catastrophic failure overnight when I discovered that all the options and timers had to be reset. I suppose I should be thankful it wasn't!

I'm in Milwaukee as well. Have you had any issue with the TVGOS repopulating after the 206 update? Mine always got the data and showed the TVGOS logo on the guide screen within about 10 minutes of a reboot. After the update, I haven't gotten any TVGOS data. (I do have it enabled in the new settings.)

It's been 18 hours. Any suggestions?
post #3973 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 07:49 AM

Upgraded to 206 last night (just disconnected the dvr and brought it upstairs to connect to the router and another TV--took 5 min total).

Noted things just to be a bit smoother. Less delays, less hang times.

Wipes out all your channels, your timers, time zone, preferences. Everything gone except previously recorded shows. those are kept.

TVGOS wiped out too, but that may have been b/c of the resetting. We'll see if it repopulates TVGOS after a day or so.

One thing I did notice was that some channels that were weakly coming in seem to come in better now. Could have just been coincidence or time of day but no other factors changed (same antenna, same location/positioning, and no change in weather patterns that I can attribute the better reception to)
post #3974 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMPY View Post

. Just wanted to report in that I have had the DVR on all evening (for several hours now) with no resets yet (a few hours may not sound like much, but trust me - this is a big deal for my box). I am very pleased. If you are hesitating on the F206 update - don't.

You have to remember though, those of us who have had reboot issues would cure them for a week or so by "resetting" everything back to factory defaults, and all would be fine for a couple of weeks. When you do a firmware upgrade, everything resets. Its too soon to tell if 206 is the miracle cure.
post #3975 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 08:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymonkey View Post

You have to remember though, those of us who have had reboot issues would cure them for a week or so by "resetting" everything back to factory defaults, and all would be fine for a couple of weeks. When you do a firmware upgrade, everything resets. Its too soon to tell if 206 is the miracle cure.

It sounds like living with a sword hanging over your head.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #3976 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 09:03 AM

I have had my "pal" since late February. I initially had lock-ups, but no reboots that I witnessed. I upgraded to the F202 firmware, and have had only one lock-up and one reboot since. I do not receive TVGOS, at least not that I can determine, in my area. (Madison, WI) I have some questions, and wondering if anyone can help:

1. Has it been discussed in this thread that the cause of many of the the problems could be TVGOS related, and if so, was that theory rejected? Has someone who does not receive TVGOS had the persistent reboots and lock-ups?

2. Does anyone have information about potential for TVGOS in the Madison WI market, or have suggestions about who to contact?

3. I have seen many posts where people refer to menu options to either force updates or disable updates. Often they believe they are forcing or updating their program guide updates. I thought the guide updates were done automatically. Aren't the options for updates in the menu only for updating the firmware not the guide?

This thread has been a very useful long term therapy session. Thanks to all the great posts.
post #3977 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxboater View Post

2. Does anyone have information about potential for TVGOS in the Madison WI market, or have suggestions about who to contact?

Contact the engineer at your local CBS station.

Quote:

3. I have seen many posts where people refer to menu options to either force updates or disable updates. Often they believe they are forcing or updating their program guide updates. I thought the guide updates were done automatically. Aren't the options for updates in the menu only for updating the firmware not the guide?

You are correct. The Updates option is for firmware updates for those with an ethernet connection.
post #3978 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 09:35 AM

I haven't seen this brought up yet with F206 so I thought I would mention it. I updated to F206 last night. I only get PSIP data in my area. On NBC I only get 12 hours of PSIP data, so I attempted a manual recording for Friday night where I didn't have program data and it worked with no problems. Looks like F206 has fixed the problem with not being able to manual set or change timers that didn't have program guide information.

Great work Dish! If this new firmware has really fixed the reboot/lockup problems and few other problems like this one, I think we owe Dish Network alot of thanks for a pretty quick fix on these problems. Lookout Tivo.
post #3979 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Updated to F206 yesterday morning and at (almost) exactly midnight I had a reboot. Update time was set at default time of 1:00 AM so I am not sure DST etc were not a factor.

This reboot was different however in that it had a popup that said the DTVPal DVR needed to or was about to reboot in 0 seconds. It had a cancel button but I didn't hit select. I was reading and sort of watching when I saw it so I did not get the "A" code so I could look it up but I will be watching for it next time.

---------------------------------------

Several people have mentioned the time to download TVGOS data. As long as I have had the DVR it has always only taken just a few minutes to at most an hour to get TVGOS data.
post #3980 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will in MKE View Post

I'm in Milwaukee as well. Have you had any issue with the TVGOS repopulating after the 206 update? Mine always got the data and showed the TVGOS logo on the guide screen within about 10 minutes of a reboot. After the update, I haven't gotten any TVGOS data. (I do have it enabled in the new settings.)

It's been 18 hours. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure when mine actually updated, but when I turned it on around 5:30 PM, the guide was fully populated, at least for that night. I'm located in western Waukesha county, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't be getting the TVGOS.
post #3981 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 10:02 AM

Something else I noticed that was interesting- I believe that someone already mentioned that you can choose to turn off TVGOS, but I noticed an interesting application for this feature. We always record sesame street for my son, but the timer was lost when the software updated. It is on M-F from 11:30-12:30. I noticed today that the TVGOS data had the time wrong (a frequent problem for PBS), and listed two different half-hour shows on PBS where sesame street should have been (one from 11:30-12, and one from 12-12:30). In fact there was no station with a show scheduled 11:30-12:30, so I could not "trick" the box by selecting another show and changing the channel. I know I could have just set 2 half hour timers, but since we record this every day, that would be kind of a pain to sift through. SO - I "turned off" TVGOS and the PSIP guide was filled immediately, and fortunately the PSIP data was correct, allowing me to set the right timer. Then, I was IMMEDIATELY able to switch back to TGVOS guide data.
post #3982 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillN937 View Post

Updated to F206 yesterday morning and at (almost) exactly midnight I had a reboot. Update time was set at default time of 1:00 AM so I am not sure DST etc were not a factor.

This reboot was different however in that it had a popup that said the DTVPal DVR needed to or was about to reboot in 0 seconds. It had a cancel button but I didn't hit select. I was reading and sort of watching when I saw it so I did not get the "A" code so I could look it up but I will be watching for it next time....

Interesting and disappointing all at the same time.

Quote:

.....Several people have mentioned the time to download TVGOS data. As long as I have had the DVR it has always only taken just a few minutes to at most an hour to get TVGOS data.

So, after you updated to F206, you got a FULL (8 day) TVGOS guide shortly thereafter?
I asked because it seems that some are NOT getting TVGOS back after the F206 upgrade (unless I didn't read things right).

Bob
post #3983 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 10:06 AM

Thank you for your reply. I believe that the firmware update will solve the problem. It is my opinion that there are many owners of this system who do not have a broadband internet connection. The system is an over the air DVR. Owners of an over the air DVR, I assume do not have cable or satellite TV and are less likely to have the a broadband internet. I believe that a decision to only release the firmware to those with a broadband internet connected to the DVR is a poor one. The decision to release the system with its serious flaws was also a very poor decision.

Is there any way that your office could e-mail me the firmware upgrade. I purchased the DVR for my father who is 81. The DVR is appoximately 50 feet away from the closest internet connection. I hope to avoid the additional expense of purchasing category 5 cable to obtain the firmware update.

Sincerely

Herb Buetow

To: Herb Buetow
Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2009 11:44:48 PM
Subject: RE: DTV PalDVr firmeware update

Dear Mr. Buetow,

Thank you for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Our engineering department is aware of this issue. It has been determined the issue is software related and we are actively working on a resolution. Software version F206 is being released to DTVPal DVRs that are connected to the internet via the Ethernet connection on the back of the unit. We do not have any information about when the software will be released online. We do not currently have detailed information about what will be included with this software update. To further assist in a speedy resolution, please reply with the information requested below. This information will go directly to our engineering department. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your assistance.

How long have you had this issue?

Please gather the following information from your receiver:

1. Press the Menu button on your remote control

Select Setup

Select System Setup

Select System information

2. Please collect the following information:

Model ID

Software Version

Receiver CA ID R00

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have further questions you can respond to this e-mail or access our online technical support at the following link:

A Technical Service Representative is available via live chat 24 hours a day, 7 days per week regarding your concerns. Please click the following link to use this option.

Thank you,

Lucas S.

DISH Network Technical E-care

** Please include all previous correspondence when replying. **

-----original message-----

I am an owner of the DTV PalDVR. The box has chronic problems in that every morning it is frozen and needs to be unplugged and rebooted in order to use the system. The system also reboots in the middle if watching a TV show. It seems the purpose of this reboot is in order to update the TV guide date. The system as released with firmware version 2001 or 2002 is very poorly designed.

It is my understanding that there is to be a firmware update that will correct the chronic reboot and freezing problems that the DVR has. Please advise as to when this update will be posted on line.

Sincerely

Herb Buetow
post #3984 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 10:19 AM

Location: Toronto, ON, CAN (7 million that don't count in Buffalo, NY DMA)
I upgraded to F206 last night. There were a few things of note:

- my unit froze when it restarted after the update. The old pull-the-plug-out trick fixed it. It's running fine ever since.
- I had to set the time a couple of times. Perhaps the stations own time signals prior to the TVGOS load was causing this? Pretty sure this happened in F202 too.
- the resolution reset itself to 720p after I set it 1080i. I reset it to 1080i and it has stuck. Perhaps I was on FOX (broadcasts in 720p) when I was setting it?!? I saw this in F202 too.
- I went to bed after 2 hours and TVGOS was not loaded. I checked first thing this morning and the data was there - data up to next Friday (the 17th) has loaded. I'm still missing 14 of my 24 channels just like in F202.

No operational glitches yet. Keeping my fingers crossed! Now perhaps I can concentrate on why so many TVGOS channels are missing (Macrovision says they are there, and a Sony TV in my area picks them up to confirm it)
post #3985 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 10:48 AM

Lockups under F202:

Lots of reboots and lockups in grants pass Oregon. 150? since dec24. Some with consistent known reasons most not. No intention of returning unit, as it is a minor annoyance.
In case some of you missed it, and your power plug is annoying to get at.... I noticed lately a definite hdmi link problem to many of the lockups. It was probably the case in the past but do not know. Sometime in the past posts, there was some concern that using hdmi had handshake issues. While i tried using the component, at that time i saw no difference in the reboots. Now have returned to using component riding my unit of one DEFINITE reoccurable software/hardware glitch. Still have reboots and lockups but not in this specific manner.
Where the dvr remote will do nothing to change screen, simply turning off the tv and then turning off and on the dvr with its remote (as opposed to a hard boot)before turning on the tv can return everything to normal. This specific no response to the remote(lockup)has remained several times(but not always) through as many as 3 hard reboots. That is -- Where the reboot goes fine showing "please wait" then back into a no response/no picture mode until i do the above. sorry to hear at least one user still had this issue with firmware f206.
Sometimes no response to dvr remote is totally that and other times it allows dvr lights to blink but has zero effect. Do not know what that means

Firmware F206 installed this morning.
No trouble setting timers in empty guide data spaces.
Now the skip forward and back buttons function quite nicely without flaw. Previously sound would get all mucked up in a skip mode for a bit. and the skip back was almost useless in its flakiness but now is perfect.
Hope the new timers for hard and soft reboots can help echostar diagnose future problems.
TVGOS data for my 7 channels never was complete or stable for all channels but did go out 7days for some. Under the f206 only the main cbs feed gets a full week of tvgos. Only took a couple of minutes. The rest gets pisp for 12 hours only.
Now can only wait and see on the reboot issue. Tim
post #3986 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 10:48 AM

Noticed another new (?) feature. When you are already watching a station, and decide, partway through the event, to record, you can click the "record" button and then "options" and you are given the option to "record entire event" allowing the recording to begin , as far as I can tell, up to one hour before you pressed "record" (assuming you have been watching the same channel).
post #3987 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:

This reboot was different however in that it had a popup that said the DTVPal DVR needed to or was about to reboot in 0 seconds. It had a cancel button but I didn't hit select. I was reading and sort of watching when I saw it so I did not get the "A" code so I could look it up but I will be watching for it next time.

---------------------------------------

Several people have mentioned the time to download TVGOS data. As long as I have had the DVR it has always only taken just a few minutes to at most an hour to get TVGOS data.

I have read several posts referring to this but everything you describe here is how the DTVPal DVR acts when you have a scheduled update/reboot under Updates. It probably defaulted back to this after your F206 update since it is a factory default setting update at 1am. So this has nothing to do with the unscheduled reboots that people have been getting with F201/202. Thus still no one has posted on here with legitimate unscheduled reboot yet with F206.
post #3988 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 11:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 19
hbuetow - it's not really wise to post your e-mail address. You might want to block that out.
post #3989 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 11:59 AM

I just got my replacement unit, and much to my surprise, it was a brand new complete set! Came with the remote, cables etc. Now I have an extra remote, since I sent them back just the box, per their directions. It has F206 on it from the factory. I just set it up and started it about a half hour ago. Will see how it goes and keep you updated.
post #3990 of 18394 Old 04-10-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayexelate View Post

Upgraded to 206 last night (just disconnected the dvr and brought it upstairs to connect to the router and another TV--took 5 min total).

Noted things just to be a bit smoother. Less delays, less hang times.

Wipes out all your channels, your timers, time zone, preferences. Everything gone except previously recorded shows. those are kept.

TVGOS wiped out too, but that may have been b/c of the resetting. We'll see if it repopulates TVGOS after a day or so.

One thing I did notice was that some channels that were weakly coming in seem to come in better now. Could have just been coincidence or time of day but no other factors changed (same antenna, same location/positioning, and no change in weather patterns that I can attribute the better reception to)

Glad you were able to hook it up to the router and get the firmware update. Good Luck with your hopefully fully operational no more glitch DVR. I can't wait until I start receiving the TVGOS information. The broadcast tower I receive my signal from will switch it over sometime around June 12, 09 untill then all I get is PSIP
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page