post #18451 of 18461 Old 10-10-2014, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_in_tx View Post
"..freezes and restarts often. Might be repairable with different firmware or hard drive.." That statement could come back to haunt him with the money back policy.
Of course, there is no different firmware for the CM version of the Pal, and I already tried a different HDD while I had it. But to be fair, he did say "Might be repairable...."

I'll be interested to see what he gets for it. I might sell my bad one rather than shipping it off to Greece for repair....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18452 of 18461 Old 10-13-2014, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 57
The audio weirdness with Ch 5 continues...

Just changed channel to 5.1 to watch the news at 11 AM. First commercial for "Dalworth Carpet" has no audio. Regular news program audio is OK.

Dolby® Digital setup is set Normal and Standard.

Odd how this has started happening again right after the DST day of timer and clock issues. Just a coincidence?
post #18453 of 18461 Old 10-13-2014, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_in_tx View Post
The audio weirdness with Ch 5 continues...

Just changed channel to 5.1 to watch the news at 11 AM. First commercial for "Dalworth Carpet" has no audio. Regular news program audio is OK.

Dolby® Digital setup is set Normal and Standard.

Odd how this has started happening again right after the DST day of timer and clock issues. Just a coincidence?
Ed, try switching the SAP position when this occurs.

Occasionally my Fox channel on one of my DTVPalDVRs will play the second audio channel programming and not the main one. Perhaps yours is a similar issue.

post #18454 of 18461 Old 10-19-2014, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscojim View Post
Ed, try switching the SAP position when this occurs.

Occasionally my Fox channel on one of my DTVPalDVRs will play the second audio channel programming and not the main one. Perhaps yours is a similar issue.

Finally got to try that just now. Did it again while watching local Ch 5 news. English-only, nothing else to switch to. But what did bring back the audio was using channel Up and Down with the tuner. Changing channel up and back seems to reset the audio and it starts working.
post #18455 of 18461 Old 10-19-2014, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
A new and strange bug...

The schedule data for channels 33-2 and 33-3 are swapped. Earlier I set a timer to record a program this evening on 33-2 and that is still good. But now the schedule shows that the program is on 33-3. Checking the content that is currently on shows that it is only the schedule that has swapped as the content is where it is supposed to be but doesn't match the schedule data. A quick check with other tuners shows that they are showing the correct data for these channels.

I noticed this problem a couple of days ago and performed a warm restart which fixed it. For a while.
post #18456 of 18461 Old 10-19-2014, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Doing that here too. Stargate and WKRP guide info are swapped!
post #18457 of 18461 Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Since you're both in DFW it could be a station issue rather than a Pal issue. Can you confirm with another device?

If not, I'll check tonight; if it's a station issue, they may have it resolved by then though.
post #18458 of 18461 Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

'Pal DVR has the info switched right now. Green Acres 33.2 and Inspector Clouseau 33.3 are reversed. But tune direct with my Sony TV, NOT reversed.

Addendum: after 4:30 , all appeared OK with the Pal DVR, then I brought up the Guide and it's reversed again. Weird!

Last edited by ed_in_tx; Yesterday at 02:39 PM.
post #18459 of 18461 Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
Since you're both in DFW it could be a station issue rather than a Pal issue. Can you confirm with another device?
Like I said to begin with, I checked using two other tuners (internal TV and CM7000) which showed the correct data. That doesn't tell me much since the PAL can store guide data for an extended period while the tuners show only what is available at that instant.

The problem appears to be time dependent. At 9PM the data was swapped but at 10PM when my timer started, it got the correct schedule data. 10PM happens to coincide with the 3 hour EPG blocks and their PSIP generator would have changed what it was transmitting then.

It was OK this morning but messed up again this evening. I agree that it is likely a station problem but since I have no way to view the data stream, I can't determine the cause. Although I suspect that the station will have little interest in correcting this problem, I will contact them about it.
post #18460 of 18461 Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

I checked my Zenith converter box and a Samsung TV as well as my Sony TV, all OK. Just the Pal DVR exhibiting this glitch.
post #18461 of 18461 Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

At 11 PM, 33.2/33.3 EPG data is correct on my Philco converter box. At this point it appears no one has seen reversed EPGs anywhere except on the Pal

Just for fun I hooked up an old DTVPal converter box. It has the correct EPG data also.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page