The Official AVS Dish DTVPal DVR Topic! - Page 625 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 182Likes

post #18721 of 18727 Old 04-01-2015, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-N2 View Post
I'm planning to do a PM on unit #1 this summer. So then what value of resistor do you recommend? Is it a conventional or chip resistor? And specifically where do place it. (A picture would be great.)

Is the temperature measured in one or two locations?
The sensore is inside of LM75 chip, check my old posts here. I did use 6K8, from +12V rail coming to the fan, to base of second transistor; it's just 1/8W regular resistor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18722 of 18727 Old Yesterday, 05:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Freezing/Pixelation

Just wanted to say a quick "Thank you" to Hankw69 for posting the capacitor listing and JPG. Only Caps 1 &2 were bulging in my unit, but I went ahead and replaced their two buddies as well and my pixelation/freezing issue appears to be completely resolved. But what a PITA to remove the case's cover! If it weren't for the light guide I'd be tempted to just leave it off so I don't have to take it off again in 5-6 years!

While I'm here....the unit's Program Guide stopped working reliably a few years ago [i.e., some channels' information populates for up to a week out, others only show "no information available." From reading through this thread, am I correct in concluding that there's nothing I can do on my end to get this working again? Thanks.
post #18723 of 18727 Old Yesterday, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulano View Post
While I'm here....the unit's Program Guide stopped working reliably a few years ago [i.e., some channels' information populates for up to a week out, others only show "no information available." From reading through this thread, am I correct in concluding that there's nothing I can do on my end to get this working again? Thanks.
Normal. Since TV Guide stopped the OTA service a few years ago our 'Pals now depend whether the station sends out program info and for how many days. Some barely 12 hours, others a few days. Many of the low power stations don't send any program info.
post #18724 of 18727 Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM

¡Gracias!
post #18725 of 18727 Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulano View Post
Actually there is something you can do. Contact your local stations that don't have the information displayed, and remind them that their viewers rely on the PSIP data they are supposed to be posting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Program...ation_Protocol

post #18726 of 18727 Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 828 Post(s)
Liked: 626
If you want results, don't voice your concerns as a complaint. Tell them that they could improve their viewership by having longer and more detailed listings so OTA users can know when interesting programs are coming up.
post #18727 of 18727 Old Today, 06:27 AM

Good point, will do, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders