The Official AVS Dish DTVPal DVR Topic! - Page 626 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 185Likes
post #18751 of 18755 Unread Today, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2Lurk View Post
Curses on CBS, PSIP guide, wmc guide and any others that got the last, David Letterman Show, end-time wrong!

I wanted nothing to go wrong, so I recorded the show on both my pal and wmc. For the pal I added 5-min. With wmc I added 10-min. The pal ended about when Dave was thanking his family. WMC ended with the Foo Fighters just starting to perform!

All for the best I suppose. I thought I might be a little sad at the end of the show. Instead I was pissed! Made it much easier to say good-bye.
I heard on Ch 11 news about 30 min before, that the show would be extended so I set a manual 90 min timer. Got the whole show minus audio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18752 of 18755 Unread Today, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Did you delete the recording? If not, as I recall, there is a procedure to get the pal to play the audio.

My pal is just a back-up now but before I got setup with wmc, I was having quite a few pal recordings with no audio. Not all, but most, I could get the audio back.

If you still have your recording, I'll fire-up my pal and see if I can remember the steps I used.
Yes I still have the recording. I tried a few things. I tried anything audio related I could think of. If you can come up with a way that would be great!
post #18753 of 18755 Unread Today, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 23
To restore 5.1 audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_in_tx View Post
I heard on Ch 11 news about 30 min before, that the show would be extended so I set a manual 90 min timer. Got the whole show minus audio.
I did not watch my local CBS affiliate news but I did watch the National News on CBS. They promoted the finale but no mention of going long. I watched what I missed on youtube.

Quote:
Yes I still have the recording. I tried a few things. I tried anything audio related I could think of. If you can come up with a way that would be great!
ed_in_tx, I think these are the steps I used to restore audio.

With the problem recording playing - select ...

Menu > 3-setup > 3-audio setup > language = spanish & output = mono > done

Then back into - 3-audio setup > language = english & output = stereo > done

(This assumes your default settings were, "language = english & output = stereo," like mine.)

If you have audio, cancel out to the playback, if no audio, repeat.

Note: If the audio is restored, it is only while you continue to play the recording. You can skip / FF / RW but if you stop playback, you will likely need to repeat the above to get the audio back again.

There was something about this particular sequence. More often then not, this restored the audio for me. Often it worked the first time, sometimes it took several tries. A few times I couldn't get it to work but tried again later and it did.

Good luck, if no joy, there's the online options.
post #18754 of 18755 Unread Today, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I did not watch my local CBS affiliate news but I did watch the National News on CBS. They promoted the finale but no mention of going long. I watched what I missed on youtube.

ed_in_tx, I think these are the steps I used to restore audio.

With the problem recording playing - select ...

Menu > 3-setup > 3-audio setup > language = spanish & output = mono > done

Then back into - 3-audio setup > language = english & output = stereo > done

(This assumes your default settings were, "language = english & output = stereo," like mine.)

If you have audio, cancel out to the playback, if no audio, repeat.

Note: If the audio is restored, it is only while you continue to play the recording. You can skip / FF / RW but if you stop playback, you will likely need to repeat the above to get the audio back again.

There was something about this particular sequence. More often then not, this restored the audio for me. Often it worked the first time, sometimes it took several tries. A few times I couldn't get it to work but tried again later and it did.

Good luck, if no joy, there's the online options.
Did exactly as you said... By golly there's audio! Wow...thanks!

I 300X'd back to the beginning of the show and so far it's staying on.
post #18755 of 18755 Unread Today, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Did exactly as you said... By golly there's audio! Wow...thanks!

I 300X'd back to the beginning of the show and so far it's staying on.
Happy beat me to it. I had the same problem once and doing the spanish-english thing worked. I think it was also a network thing because it only seemed to happen on abc. They probably did it on purpose to create problems for those who record.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page