The Official AVS Dish DTVPal DVR Topic! - Page 649 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 256Likes

post #19441 of 19443 Old 10-06-2017, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANK43 View Post
Why would stations change to Standard Time on the 5th of October? the actual date this year is November 5th. The old change, which the PAL uses, is the last weekend of October. I know the timers can start to go haywire about 30 days before the new change date. That's what screwed them up when they changed the start and stop dates.
Frank, I don't mean to sound like P. Smith but we have been discussing this issue every 6 months for the last five years!

My data here is also mixed -- at this time the DTVPal does NOT indicate a time change on Nov 5th. Data for all stations was correct all summer, now several stations are indicating that DST is NOT being observed. All my conclusions come from observing the DTVPal Diagnostics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19442 of 19443 Old 10-06-2017, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-N2 View Post
Frank, I don't mean to sound like P. Smith but we have been discussing this issue every 6 months for the last five years!

My data here is also mixed -- at this time the DTVPal does NOT indicate a time change on Nov 5th. Data for all stations was correct all summer, now several stations are indicating that DST is NOT being observed. All my conclusions come from observing the DTVPal Diagnostics.

I know, I'm the guy with all the mexican stations messing up my time that you helped me with. I interpreted Shultdw "stations" as the actual TV stations maybe he ment the stations in the guide.

post #19443 of 19443 Old 10-06-2017, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1794 Post(s)
Liked: 860
The stations didn't actually change - what they did is they started broadcasting that they would change on the 5th at 2 AM. But there's no month field in that particular PSIP table, so they can only say "the 5th," not "Nov. 5th."

The problem is, many of them started broadcasting that info on Oct. 5th, which has frequently fooled our Pals in the past into changing that very day, instead of waiting a month. (The Pals always change back the next day, when the stations are still reporting they're on DST but will change on the 5th.)

Looking at schultdw's data, it appears this year some of them didn't start reporting the upcoming change until 4 AM. I don't know if that delay helped his Pal avoid making the same mistake this year.

It also appears a couple of stations in our area think the change will happen Oct. 29. That hasn't been correct for about 10 years, so those two stations must be really slow about updating their systems.

Last edited by JHBrandt; 10-06-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page