Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 401 Old 02-09-2011, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJunkinator View Post

UVa, have you heard any further info about the 3012 rollout in Asheville? I've asked several techs and they don't seem to know anything about it. I've been asking for what feels like a year now but I can't find anything out. I appreciate any info you can send my way. Thanks!

Sorry for the lack of a response. I obviously haven't returned to this thread for awhile. I think I posted the full story on the 9012 Moxi board, but here is another retelling.

After my "original" 9012 let smoke out and was replaced around Thanksgiving and had a return visit setup by the tech I got no response for a week or two (about my still suspect replacement 9012), then finally was told the techs weren't allowed to answer their phones from customers or call them back and the local service manager came to my house, and had another replacement 9012 MOXI fail. Not only did he tell me that the 3012s were NOT coming to Asheville, but that they were phasing out the 9012s as well. I suffered with the generic Motorola box for a few weeks during the holidays (it locked up twice a day) and I hated the interface, no 30s skip on Charter remote (I used a Universal programmed for the box) and I could go on.

Learning that the 3012 was NOT coming and 9012s being further phased out (despite only less than a year ago being told that our market was stockpiling them) and support will be dwindling and knowing that the "refurbished" boxes rarely worked the decision was clear.

I have been a Direct TV customer since mid January. I kept my internet service through Charter, but interestingly enough have been fighting network problems in my house for the past few weeks and it is my belief that the root cause may be Charter related, specifically from the filter put on to block my TV feed. Of course I can't prove that and haven't talked to them about it yet either.

Good luck to you and other MOXI users. I was sad to see my MOXI go and miss some of its features, but am learning to deal with the pros and cons of Direct TVs' DVR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 401 Old 03-20-2011, 06:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My legacy BMC 9022/Mate combo finally stopped working properly and I'll be switching to two 3012's shortly. Couple questions: (1) can I purchase a retail Mate MP-1000 and have it work with a Charter supplied 3012 -- has anyone done this? (2) has the responsiveness improved from software updates?
post #393 of 401 Old 03-20-2011, 10:13 AM

I was just told by a Charter tech in Medford Oregon that I have been given the last Moxi I will ever get. Charter announced a deal with TiVo and the TiVo Premiere is going to be what Charter will be replacing Moxi's with. I also read that they will in fact at some point pulling the Moxi's, good or bad, some time soon. You may want to wait or confirm with Charter that your purchase wil be the right thing to do at this point.
post #394 of 401 Old 03-20-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent909 View Post

I was just told by a Charter tech in Medford Oregon that I have been given the last Moxi I will ever get. Charter announced a deal with TiVo and the TiVo Premiere is going to be what Charter will be replacing Moxi's with. I also read that they will in fact at some point pulling the Moxi's, good or bad, some time soon. You may want to wait or confirm with Charter that your purchase wil be the right thing to do at this point.

Getting a TiVo to replace the Moxi's I have used for years won't be a bad thing.
post #395 of 401 Old 03-20-2011, 04:46 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbarohn View Post

My legacy BMC 9022/Mate combo finally stopped working properly and I'll be switching to two 3012's shortly. Couple questions: (1) can I purchase a retail Mate MP-1000 and have it work with a Charter supplied 3012 -- has anyone done this? (2) has the responsiveness improved from software updates?

Good evening at this time we don't have any indication that a Charter MOXI 3012 would support a retail Mate but we are double checking to be sure and hope to have information for you soon.

The response time has improved over a series of updates, but it's still a bit slower than other HD DVR's that we offer.

Thanks,
Steve
post #396 of 401 Old 03-20-2011, 05:40 PM

Thanks Steve. One other question -- will the Charter tech be able to hook both Moxi 3012s up to my home network so I can access recorded programs on one of the DVRs from the other DVR?
post #397 of 401 Old 03-22-2011, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks Steve. One other question -- will the Charter tech be able to hook both Moxi 3012s up to my home network so I can access recorded programs on one of the DVRs from the other DVR?

No.

The only solution from Charter right now for any type of "whole house" DVR is the new Moto boxes they have. And even those are limited, only one is an actual DVR.
post #398 of 401 Old 03-22-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:

Gary,

The MOXI 3012 is a single room device only. Because of this, it will not communicate with other 3012's or sync with a retail mate.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Steve
post #399 of 401 Old 10-24-2011, 05:26 PM

Damn moxi 3012 just rebooted right in the middle of the world series game tonight. Missing at least 15 minutes of the game. Why would it do this at 7:20pm? It better not be a scheduled software update haha.
post #400 of 401 Old 09-20-2012, 11:58 AM

Last night, I saw a Moxi 3012 at a thrift store for $20 and I'm kicking around the idea of buying it. I'd appreciate any guidance with the following:
1. My mom has basic charter. If I plug it into her system can she just use it or does she need reprogramming or need to pay an extra fee?
2. Does it have any stand-alone use (i.e., without Charter)?
3. Finally, this appears to be the Charter version, not a retail version. Is it stolen/will Charter not allow its use?

Thanks so much - hope someone is still looking at this thread!
post #401 of 401 Old 09-20-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyspeople View Post

Last night, I saw a Moxi 3012 at a thrift store for $20 and I'm kicking around the idea of buying it. I'd appreciate any guidance with the following:
1. My mom has basic charter. If I plug it into her system can she just use it or does she need reprogramming or need to pay an extra fee?
2. Does it have any stand-alone use (i.e., without Charter)?
3. Finally, this appears to be the Charter version, not a retail version. Is it stolen/will Charter not allow its use?
Thanks so much - hope someone is still looking at this thread!

Good Afternoon,

Unfortunately, if it is a Charter branded box then it was one of ours that was not returned and would not be able to be provisioned for use without first being returned to warehouse. frown.gif

Thanks,

Dylan
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page