Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 401 Old 06-23-2009, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houdini View Post

Does anyone know if charter is still supporting the online scheduling ability of the moxi? I know when I had my old moxi I could go to charter.net and it would connect to my moxi to schedule recordings. Can this new one still do that? I don't see the settings on charter.net anymore.

Yes ,you definitely can set it online as stated above.

George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 401 Old 06-23-2009, 02:45 PM

Liked: 10
Weird, I had to change my zipcode under settings to another nearby town (belleville, il.) instead of my own and then my moxi showed up in the dvr list. They must have provisioned my moxi for the belleville system instead of the one i'm actually on. I guess that shouldn't be a problem since it's the same channel lineup.
post #183 of 401 Old 07-02-2009, 03:19 PM

Charter tech in Medford Oregon just left after installing a new 9012, second one this year. I asked him about the 3012 and he said they were not going to be switching over to them. Anyone able to confirm or deny his comment?
post #184 of 401 Old 07-02-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent909 View Post

Charter tech in Medford Oregon just left after installing a new 9012, second one this year. I asked him about the 3012 and he said they were not going to be switching over to them. Anyone able to confirm or deny his comment?

I can definitely check that out for you. Please send me the following via PM so we can take a look:

Name:
Phone Number on Account:
Contact Number:
Best Time To Call:
Email:
Address:

George
post #185 of 401 Old 07-13-2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by counslr2005 View Post

Is anyone having any trouble with losing signal on the 3012 (Charter St. Louis)? My other digital boxes will be working fine and most of the channels on the Moxi give the "you are not subscribed" screen. I reset the box and the channels come back for a while and then disappear again later. Sounds like it might be a signal strength problem.

I had this exact problem and it was a signal strength issue. This happened to me before I had the 3012. The tech said it looked like squirrels had chewed up the lines.

Charter came out and from what they told me had to fix the connections outside and replace the wire. It was pretty annoying because I missed several recordings due to this problem.
post #186 of 401 Old 08-11-2009, 10:54 AM

I had consistently asked for the new Moxi instead of the 9012 and the Charter representatives were consistently telling me that they had it. I explained that i wanted the Moxi 3012 with the HDMI. Turns out they were severely uneducated. The tech that came over explained to me that Charter has been saying for about 6 months now that they would have the Moxi 3012, but in reality, they have only been available in the east coast. How disappointing. I reside in the LA area.
post #187 of 401 Old 08-11-2009, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenesaur View Post

I had consistently asked for the new Moxi instead of the 9012 and the Charter representatives were consistently telling me that they had it. I explained that i wanted the Moxi 3012 with the HDMI. Turns out they were severely uneducated. The tech that came over explained to me that Charter has been saying for about 6 months now that they would have the Moxi 3012, but in reality, they have only been available in the east coast. How disappointing. I reside in the LA area.

I can assure you, St. Louis is NOT the east coast
post #188 of 401 Old 08-11-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenesaur View Post

Good afternoon,
Please pm me the following so I can check with the warehouse management on an availability timeline.

Name:
Phone Number on Account:
Contact Number:
Best Time To Call:
Email:
Address:

George
post #189 of 401 Old 08-15-2009, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Anyone notice their 3012 menus seem faster? Mine certainly do. I haven't really kept track of software update numbers so I don't know if one rolled out recently.
post #190 of 401 Old 08-15-2009, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umatter2Charter View Post

I can definitely check that out for you. Please send me the following via PM so we can take a look:

Name:
Phone Number on Account:
Contact Number:
Best Time To Call:
Email:
Address:

George

UMatter:

I realize you want to help people out on this forum, but it would be more beneficial to all of us if you answered people's questions publicly. I'm glad you're here to help, but as this is a public forum, it doesn't really help the greater community to constantly ask people for the same information and then address them in private. After all, this isn't Charter's private help forum. So perhaps from now on, you could ask them for their information in a PM, and then answer their question in the public forum.

Of course this would hold you to some level of accountability as well. And that's also a good thing.
post #191 of 401 Old 08-16-2009, 06:40 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post

Does the 3012 output component and HDMI at the same time? I have an old RCA HDTV that only has component inputs. I would like to move it to the workout room and drive it with a long component run while simultaneously driving the new TV with HDMI (and yes, I know both TVs will always have to watch the same program).

Anyone know the answer to this one?
post #192 of 401 Old 08-29-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houdini View Post

Thanks Rampage.

Slingbox update:

I had to create a custom slingbox bin and it seems to work fine. If anyone needs it PM me..or HOUDINI13 at CHARTER dot NET
It appears there may be two IR sensors on the front of the moxi box. One seems to be near the lights on the left side of the face and the other might be in/near the clock lcd. Can anyone confirm? I positioned my slingbox ir blaster on the left side at the led lights. It picks up the signals fine there.

Yesterday I got a Moxi HD DVR 3012 from Charter, replacing a Moxi BMC9012 that had died. While I'm happy with the 3012 (and agree with comments about its slow response), I am having trouble operating the 3012 through my SlingBox Classic. The SlingBox appears to support remote control only for the 9012 and 9022, but I cannot find remote control codes for the newer 3012. Have you been able to find a compatible remote whose codes will operate the 3012? Thanks in advance for any help or guidance you can offer.
post #193 of 401 Old 08-30-2009, 08:11 PM

I previously had a motorola dvr and was extremely satisfied with it until the FFWD started to screw up all the time. I just got the 3012 yesterday, and ALL stations, whether SD or HD have a really bad red push. The color on my motorola was absolutely perfect. I have a 52" sharp aquos and a $80 monster cable hdmi. I shouldnt have to calibrate my tv for this new moxi, should I?
post #194 of 401 Old 08-30-2009, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmock01 View Post

I previously had a motorola dvr and was extremely satisfied with it until the FFWD started to screw up all the time. I just got the 3012 yesterday, and ALL stations, whether SD or HD have a really bad red push. The color on my motorola was absolutely perfect. I have a 52" sharp aquos and a $80 monster cable hdmi. I shouldnt have to calibrate my tv for this new moxi, should I?

Well, you might, it is a different device. I did a few small tweaks was all, didn't have any "red push."

And I'm sorry you paid $80 for a Monster cable. My Monoprice cable was like $3

post #195 of 401 Old 08-31-2009, 07:19 PM

Wondering what the model number was of the Motorola DVR jmock01 liked so much . While I have been satisfied with the 3012 since I got it about 5 months ago I had lunch with a buddy today and he said he had the Moxi 3012 but also had a motorla HD DVR and the Motorola had just as good picture quality at the Moxi but was much faster. All I know is he said it was "black". Anybody else heard this?
post #196 of 401 Old 08-31-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seibelcj View Post

Wondering what the model number was of the Motorola DVR jmock01 liked so much . While I have been satisfied with the 3012 since I got it about 5 months ago I had lunch with a buddy today and he said he had the Moxi 3012 but also had a motorla HD DVR and the Motorola had just as good picture quality at the Moxi but was much faster. All I know is he said it was "black". Anybody else heard this?

I can't say any particular model numbers but I can say that DVRs seem to be heavily opinion based.(ok what isn't?) But seriously a buddy of mine just switched from a Motorola DVR and his opinion of the 3012 is that it is as at least consistently slow, whereas his Motorola was all over the place, Sometimes flying to the point of loosing control to what was going on, and other times crawling. IMO Charter has no box better than a 3012, period. With that said I think Digeo fracked up a bit on it as its a shame the interface actually got slower from first gen to second gen. To bad Digeo stopped monitoring the forums long ago to provide feedback to users on what updates were coming down the pipe.

-Phatty
post #197 of 401 Old 08-31-2009, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatty View Post

I can't say any particular model numbers but I can say that DVRs seem to be heavily opinion based.(ok what isn't?) But seriously a buddy of mine just switched from a Motorola DVR and his opinion of the 3012 is that it is as at least consistently slow, whereas his Motorola was all over the place, Sometimes flying to the point of loosing control to what was going on, and other times crawling. IMO Charter has no box better than a 3012, period. With that said I think Digeo fracked up a bit on it as its a shame the interface actually got slower from first gen to second gen. To bad Digeo stopped monitoring the forums long ago to provide feedback to users on what updates were coming down the pipe.

-Phatty

That's because they are trying to sell / support the retail models
post #198 of 401 Old 09-03-2009, 07:22 AM

I am in St Louis City in the Central West End and I have been waiting for the "new" Moxi box for a looong time. I was one of the very first people in STL to receive the original one when they were beta testing it. I had an appointment set up to receive the new box and was SOOO excited. It's here, and it sucks!

I can't believe it. It SOOO slow!!! It takes so long to get anywhere in the menu system. Deleting recorded shows is terribly slow. I'm not sure what people expect out of these dvrs but this is 2009 and this Moxi is seems just as terribly slow as the first one I tested and used about 5 years ago! It's so bad that the cable guy is here right now switching it out for the new Moto DCX3400. The previous 3 year old Moto HD dvd that I had was SOOO much faster than this box. It didn't have the HD menu system but I would take it any day over this Moxi!

This is obviously NOT the "new" Moxi they have been telling me they were going to be getting for months and months. My appointment got postponed just for this box because they said that the "new" box was coming and they wouldn't have any until mid August.

Apparently this new Moto box is much better. I will post more when I get it setup.

BOOOO Charter!!!!! Get rid of this MOXI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #199 of 401 Old 09-03-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_macleod View Post

That's because they are trying to sell / support the retail models

Yeah I bet there is some truth to that, or they just tried to skimp a bit to much on processor and such to keep it a few dollars cheaper for the cable companies....All I know is I don't think anybody in an area that can get the Moxi would rent the unit and then say screw renting it I wanna buy this thing based on the slow user experience they are forced to deal with.. Not a good way for a user to get to know your product when entering an already difficult market such as DVRs.

Fact is the chance of the Moxi succeeding as a retail unit are pretty much none, and for them to have made things slower with this new box doesn't help them out much in at least remaining a cable distributed DVR.

Sadly I think the Moxi days are numbered even more so than the last few years of struggling they have done.
post #200 of 401 Old 09-03-2009, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhater View Post

I am in St Louis City in the Central West End and I have been waiting for the "new" Moxi box for a looong time. I was one of the very first people in STL to receive the original one when they were beta testing it. I had an appointment set up to receive the new box and was SOOO excited. It's here, and it sucks!

I can't believe it. It SOOO slow!!! It takes so long to get anywhere in the menu system. Deleting recorded shows is terribly slow. I'm not sure what people expect out of these dvrs but this is 2009 and this Moxi is seems just as terribly slow as the first one I tested and used about 5 years ago! It's so bad that the cable guy is here right now switching it out for the new Moto DCX3400. The previous 3 year old Moto HD dvd that I had was SOOO much faster than this box. It didn't have the HD menu system but I would take it any day over this Moxi!

This is obviously NOT the "new" Moxi they have been telling me they were going to be getting for months and months. My appointment got postponed just for this box because they said that the "new" box was coming and they wouldn't have any until mid August.

Apparently this new Moto box is much better. I will post more when I get it setup.

BOOOO Charter!!!!! Get rid of this MOXI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh, have them come out and fix it? Mine's no slower than the 9xxx series.
post #201 of 401 Old 09-04-2009, 06:26 AM

My older Moxi just died and I'm going to see if they can replace it with the newer Moxi. Does anyone know if it requires provisioning like the old Moxi (which they insist on doing by rolling a truck)? I hope not, so I can just walk in to the local Charter office and have them hand me a new one.
post #202 of 401 Old 09-04-2009, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwtsn32 View Post

My older Moxi just died and I'm going to see if they can replace it with the newer Moxi. Does anyone know if it requires provisioning like the old Moxi (which they insist on doing by rolling a truck)? I hope not, so I can just walk in to the local Charter office and have them hand me a new one.

Yes it does. They have to come out and install it.
post #203 of 401 Old 09-04-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:

Yes it does. They have to come out and install it.

Ugh. That really bites. Why the hell can't they let us read the MAC address off the back of the unit and provision it over the phone? I'm pretty sure that's what they do with cable modem service.
post #204 of 401 Old 09-05-2009, 12:15 PM

Just got my "new" moxi replaced with a motorola dcx3400, and WOW! There is no comparison. I suggest anyone that thinks this new moxi is the best dvr, check out the specs on this motorola. Call charter, tell them that you want this new motorola. The moxi is absolute GARBAGE!!!!!!!

link:

http://www.motorola.com/Business/US-...008406b00aRCRD
post #205 of 401 Old 09-05-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:

Just got my "new" moxi replaced with a motorola dcx3400, and WOW! There is no comparison.

What does the interface look like?
post #206 of 401 Old 09-05-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwtsn32 View Post

What does the interface look like?

The inteface is the same as previous motorolas. Lightning fast compared to the moxi. My calculator has more processing power than the moxi does.

The front of the box is also touchscreen..very nice!
post #207 of 401 Old 09-06-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:

The inteface is the same as previous motorolas. Lightning fast compared to the moxi. My calculator has more processing power than the moxi does.

Ugh. Last time I used a regular Motorola DVR the interface looked ~10 years out of date. Plus it lacked features like auto-correct when you hit play after fast forwarding (jump back a few seconds). We couldn't stand it...
post #208 of 401 Old 09-06-2009, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well I've never had to touch the front of my Moxi, so I don't see the point

Look, its fairly agreed the Moxi isn't the fastest box on the planet. But there are other (better) reasons to have one.

Glad you're happy with your Moto .. plenty of threads for you to invade now
post #209 of 401 Old 09-11-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:

Uh, have them come out and fix it? Mine's no slower than the 9xxx series.

I have two of the new Moxi's and one of the old and the new ones are both significantly slower in navigating the menu. Just like the old ones were before the 4.1 update.
post #210 of 401 Old 09-11-2009, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Skye View Post

I have two of the new Moxi's and one of the old and the new ones are both significantly slower in navigating the menu. Just like the old ones were before the 4.1 update.

Well we all have different views I guess. To me "significatly" means "I can't live with it" cause the Moxi was never speedy. I would use the word "slightly" and in fact now I barely notice it, cause I probably got used to it.

Anyhow, I'll take it over the Moto's crappy guide and horrible menu system.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page