Forum Jump: 

Old 03-24-2009, 12:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Thanks.

I've seen several similar CECBS with a similar UI, except without the picture window. This seems to be a popular workaround to the EPG patents, which preclude device manufacturers from showing multiple programs from multiple channels on the screen at once. It also a simple way to download and display guide data for a channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

Bingo. You can't see the PSIP data until the TViX has tuned to the station and read it.

Truth be told, the unit could save the data (maybe only if you have an HDD installed) from one session to the next, but given that there are currently only about 12 hours' worth available on most stations it would still be necessary to retune for updates most of the time.

To me, it sounds like the guide would be much more usable if there was an option to quickly navigate left and right. For that to happen, Tvix would need to add some sort of download function to scan through the channels and cache the guide data to the hard drive. I don't see why they couldn't do that when the unit is 'off.' When you actually tune to a channel, the box could refresh/update that guide data [downloaded when the box was off]. If there is a way to request new features, that would be at the top of my list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2009, 12:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug79 View Post

...my biggest complaint with it is just the "preview" window when you scroll left to right between channels. I don't like that this window actually shows the channel change as you scroll....

You'd prefer.... That there was no preview window? That it went dark when you scroll away from the previously "current" channel?? Or what???

With only one tuner and the need to update from the PSIP of any channel whose EPG data are to be displayed, the choices are obviously limited and I'm having trouble imagining what solution different from the one that DViCo chose would be your choice. Maybe I'm overlooking one?
Old 03-24-2009, 12:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

You'd prefer.... That there was no preview window? That it went dark when you scroll away from the previously "current" channel?? Or what???

He wants the preview window to remain on the current channel while he browses the guide data for other channels. That's the way the DTVPal DVR, TiVo, and cable/satellite boxes work.

Quote:

With only one tuner and the need to update from the PSIP of any channel whose EPG data are to be displayed, the choices are obviously limited and I'm having trouble imagining what solution different from the one that DViCo chose would be your choice. Maybe I'm overlooking one?

See above.

I think it would work fairly well to have (a) guide downloads while the box is off, coupled with (b) guide updates when you tune to a particular channel. This solution has some tradeoffs, so I don't think you'd necessarily want to force it on people, but it would be nice to have as an option (or the default).
Old 03-24-2009, 12:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfdtv View Post

I don't see why they couldn't do that when the unit is 'off.'...If there is a way to request new features, that would be at the top of my list.

Well it's at the very bottom of mine! Such a "feature" would turn the TViX into just the sort of energy vampire that the TiVo is! My two biggest peeves about TiVo are (1) that it can't be used without a subscription service and (2) that the damned thing is never "off".

The TViX consumes well under 1 watt while in standby, ready to record. TiVo consumes over 40 watts 24/7/365--ridiculous!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Well it's at the very bottom of mine! Such a "feature" would turn the TViX into just the sort of energy vampire that the TiVo is! My two biggest peeves about TiVo are (1) that it can't be used without a subscription service and (2) that the damned thing is never "off".

The TViX consumes well under 1 watt while in standby, ready to record. TiVo consumes over 40 watts 24/7/365--ridiculous!

Well, again, it should be an option users can enable / disable.

The TivoHD consumes 34 watts when watching/recording and 32 watts in standby (less than the original model). That costs me about $2.50/mo in VA, but energy prices do run a little higher in CA.

But even if the TViX were running 24/7, I'm guessing it would consume less electricity since it has fewer components. How much much electricity does the TViX consume when running? Around 20 watts? Even in CA or NY, that wouldn't be more than a few bucks a month. To me, added convenience and usability would be more than worth that cost.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I see very little "added convenience and usability". The current EPG implementation works very well, given the limited EPG data that broadcasters now provide and navigating through the channels to see the guide data is very simple and relatively quick. (It will be even quicker when DViCo has added the ability to define "favorite channels", as promised "real soon now") Perhaps you should actually try one of these before you seek to "improve" it too much.

The TViX in operation consumes a little under 20 watts, depending on the HDD installed. (The R-2210 therefore consumes a bit less, because of its 2.5" HDD) I really wouldn't care if my electricity were "too cheap to meter", it would still offend my Scots heritage to increase usage by orders of magnitude simply to have "instant on" behavior from a TV set. I applaud DViCo's design approach.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:24 AM

I still don't know whether I should keep my Tvix on all the time or not? The wife factor complains about the boot time (which Dvico tells me they are unable to improve upon for now), which I actually agree with from a tuner standpoint. For a media center, 30-40 seconds of boot time is OK. For your everyday TV tuner, this is a bit of a stretch (considering it takes the TV three seconds to come on).

So, what happens when I just leave the unit on all the time? It goes into standby and uses very little energy? Am I wearing out the parts by doing this? Or is it worse to turn the thing on and off all the time?

As far as the EPG goes, I kind of see where your coming from TPeterson. Given what they had to work with (i.e. no licensing for the TV Guide), it does work. There are just things I don't like about it. Like bfdtv mentioned, if the guide data was cached somewhere then they could do away with the preview window changing when you switch stations. This would eliminate a major annoyance for me. The "favorite channels" thing sounds great though; can't wait for new firmware!
Old 03-27-2009, 10:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

It is definitely not "worse" to turn the TViX off when not in use. I haven't looked into when/if it spins down the HDD when left on but inactive, but at best I expect that you'd see it go to 6-10 watts from the 15-20 of its full-power draw.

The boot time is long because the processor is fairly slow (hence its laudable low power in use) and Linux takes a while to start up. I agree that the time lag is an annoyance, but how many times per day do you turn on the TV? If you're in the habit of turning it on and off frequently, maybe you could sometimes leave the TViX on and then turn it off when you expect the TV to be off for several hours.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

i have found a problem with TVIX R2210, firmware 1.5.4. when connected to comcast cable after a scan for DTV(QAM) channels, TVIX found 153 channels but the menu list displayed after pushing the "GOTO" button only shows a shortened list of less than 2 pages for a total of ten channels available via that menu. the channels are still available by entering the channel numbers via the remote's number pad or by pressing the "GUIDE" button and cursoring to the desired channel.

see attached screen dump:
LL

-----------
Old 04-08-2009, 06:53 AM

Kaxkid, have you reported this to Dvico? I've seen the same thing with my R3310 and they said they would take another look at it.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Kaxkid, have you reported this to Dvico? I've seen the same thing with my R3310 and they said they would take another look at it.

yes, but i couldn't post a screen dump, the "image manager" on their site does not seem to be working. in the past, i've found posting screen dumps helped DVICO in fixing problems.

-----------
Old 04-15-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:

Some other observations a few weeks into owning the R3310...

Scheduled recording has taken a dip. I'm not sure where the exact failure is; during my first week I struggled with the DST settings and the clock set to "Auto (via TV)." This setting pretty much became terribly unreliable, as sometimes I would get a proper clock setting and sometimes it would be all over the place (ex. on some stations the Info button would show the proper time in the pop-up window, yet the clock on the display of the unit was an hour ahead). It also doesn't help that the unit only shows a 24 hour clock, which to my rather Americanized and non-military brain is akin to setting all the clocks in my house to Japan time and trying to think-muscle out what the hell time it is. Finally I gave up on the Auto setting and just set the clock manually. This has also been an area with Dvico where I don't know if they've fully understood my problem and/or questions regarding the clock settings (they did say a change to the 24 hour clock is coming though). Since setting the clock manually, my two scheduled recordings (9AM for Sesame Street and 2:30PM for Word World, both on PBS) have been a bit more consistent but I still don't always get a usable recording. Often what would happen is there would be a recording, but if you played the file it would be a black hole of nothing (once I got just sound but a black screen; that was fun!). In three weeks so far of scheduling the Sesame Street recording, I have exactly five usable recordings to show for it (so the Tvix tuner/DVR is 5 for 15; only shooting 33% from the field at this point, not a solid number).

What may also be impacting the recordings is some oddball behavior I've seen with the TV tuner in general. I've only noticed this latest behavior in the last week, but occasionally flipping through channels will result in the wrong display being shown for a channel. For example, I flip to 33-1 (PBS) and get the display for 27-1 (CBS) but no audio. The video for PBS shows on some other channel, maybe with or without audio. This goes on until I reboot the box or have gotten it back to normal by just going into the file browser and back out to DTV mode. Again, this problem hasn't been consistent enough for me lately to know whether it is a major problem or just an occasional glitch (or even a real solid insight into what is actually happening), but it might be impacting my scheduled recordings.

Another maddening thing I've now seen twice (which I just reported to Dvico) is the time-shifting buttons start to glitch out when watching a long recording. What I've seen is that if you are watching a recorded show that is over an hour long, once you get to about the 1 hour 20 minute mark the time-shifting buttons go haywire. From what I've seen when you try to either skip ahead/back or FF/RW after this mark on a file recording, it jumps back exactly 80 minutes in the recording. Even the Go To> function (which lets you specify an exact time stamp to jump to) will jump you back in time instead of working properly. It only happens after this 1:20 mark though; obviously I see this in some of the sports recordings I've done, but a regular half hour/hour show wouldn't exhibit this behavior. If they don't fix this particular problem, the upcoming football season is going to be painful for me!

These observations aren't necessarily to persuade or dissuade anyone from getting a Tvix. I'm just blathering in general. Overall I'm still really happy with the unit for the most part. However, a lot of stuff still needs to be worked out and I hope Dvico keeps up with it. Bring on the beta testing!

I've had the exact same pvr recording problems you've described--blank screen. Have you since solved this problem? How? I've tried the firmware update. I've turned the clock to manual. I've redone the update. All with no luck.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuthrich View Post

I've had the exact same pvr recording problems you've described--blank screen. Have you since solved this problem? How? I've tried the firmware update. I've turned the clock to manual. I've redone the update. All with no luck.

Wuthrich, I have not been able to fix the occasional recording issue. Just last night I was reviewing my scheduled recordings to see which made the cut and which didn't; these days I usually get about a bit over half OK. This just appears to be Dvico's issue, and hopefully they address it in a new firmware version (which seems about due these days).

From suggestions in my local HD channels thread here on AVS though, I did rescan my channels last night and get a better result with the live TV issues I was seeing (video on some channels but no sound, wrong video on other channels, etc.) and it appears this could have entirely been Comcast's doing, not the Tvix. Apparently Comcast likes to change their channel line-up quite often for what is broadcast in the clear, so a QAM user like myself with a Tvix has to play catch-up. It's a tad irritating, but assuming it doesn't happen too often it's certainly not a deal breaker.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

From suggestions in my local HD channels thread here on AVS though, I did rescan my channels last night and get a better result with the live TV issues I was seeing (video on some channels but no sound, wrong video on other channels, etc.) and it appears this could have entirely been Comcast's doing, not the Tvix. Apparently Comcast likes to change their channel line-up quite often for what is broadcast in the clear, so a QAM user like myself with a Tvix has to play catch-up. It's a tad irritating, but assuming it doesn't happen too often it's certainly not a deal breaker.

This is one of the reasons why we haven't seen more manufacturers interested in providing Clear QAM DVR capability.

With most providers, changes to QAM local assignments now occur several times per year, at most. But it wasn't long ago that QAM changes on many providers occurred on almost a monthly basis, typically when new channels were added.

As you can probably guess, this is a support nightmare for equipment manufacturers, which receive calls from customers every time the cable company changes their QAM assignments. CableCards eliminate this problem, because they dynamically map new QAM assignments to their appropriate channel numbers.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:57 PM

I've actually found a solution of sorts to the problem. When you play back one of these 'blank' recordings, you can fast forward at 32x and you will eventually get to the video for the recording. At this point though the video will not have any audio (there will be a small message in the top right of the screen saying something about 'unknown audio format). At this point if you just let it play for about five minutes the audio will eventually kick in. You can also just keep clicking the fifteen second jump forward until the audio comes back. At least you will be able to watch your show.

Have you tried networking your box yet? As of yet all I've been able to do is use the software that came with the box to connect it so that the box can access files on a particular file on my PC. What I want to be able to do is to be able to access files on the box from my PC. I've downloaded Firezilla but I can't figure out how to make it work. Have you managed to network via Firezilla?
Old 04-16-2009, 04:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

You can access the internal HDD over your LAN using FTP. FireFTP works well as the PC client.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:

You can access the internal HDD over your LAN using FTP. FireFTP works well as the PC client.

I've tried that and Firezilla but for the life of me can't figure out how the're supposed to work. All the networking I've done over my LAN, and admittedly that isn't much, usually connects by imputting IP addresses and that's it. FireFTP doesn't even seem to want to know a IP address while Firezilla asks for one but none of the ones I give it seem to be acceptable--the problem might stem from me not knowing what port number to specify. Until I can get that figured out I guess I'll just make due with the USB connection.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The R-3310 FTP server uses the standard ports. You do need to specify a userID and password (RTFM).
Old 04-17-2009, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I've tried that and Firezilla but for the life of me can't figure out how the're supposed to work. All the networking I've done over my LAN, and admittedly that isn't much, usually connects by imputting IP addresses and that's it. FireFTP doesn't even seem to want to know a IP address while Firezilla asks for one but none of the ones I give it seem to be acceptable--the problem might stem from me not knowing what port number to specify. Until I can get that figured out I guess I'll just make due with the USB connection.

there is a note about using "filezilla" (firezilla?) on the tvix FAQ here:
http://www.tvix.co.kr/eng/faq/PVR331...D=13&SCATID=26

-----------
Old 04-20-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:

I actually came across the blank recordings issue when I first bought the PVR-3310 at the beginning of February. It definitely appears to be a firmware issue but I have a workaround that seems to have fixed the issue for me 100% of the time since I started using it 2.5 months ago.

It appears that this issue only happens when a recording requires a channel change; however, it doesn't happen every time. For instance I record simpsons every day at 6 pm on Fox. These recordings work for me every time without an issue no matter what the tuner was set to before. But when my next recordings are on NBC at 7pm, then 8:00, then 9:00... the first recording was almost always blank, and the next 2 were always fine.

To work around the blank recording issue, I schedule a "Watching" on NBC about 5 - 10 minutes before the first "Recording" is scheduled. Since then, I don't get the blank recordings anymore with scheduled recordings.

I have still come across the issue occasionally when doing a manual recording however. I think it has to do with starting the recording before the channel change has completely finished. I'm wondering if the reason I don't have the issue with Fox is that it is 720p and NBC is 1080i, so maybe it takes a little longer to complete the channel change; even though you are watching that channel... I don't know, just stretching for a root cause.

I agree that they are definitely due for a firmware update... I've been checking their site almost every day since I've got my 3310. The known issues list on the current firmware says the next update will address the issue with not being able to see a full goto channel list to delete unwanted channels. (their site isn't working right now due to a DNS issue, so I can't write an exact quote.)
Old 04-21-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wile3coyote View Post

I agree that they are definitely due for a firmware update... I've been checking their site almost every day since I've got my 3310. The known issues list on the current firmware says the next update will address the issue with not being able to see a full goto channel list to delete unwanted channels. (their site isn't working right now due to a DNS issue, so I can't write an exact quote.)

Sweet! This is a major annoyance for me. Enough that I don't really have a good idea what channels I actually have available, since the only way to get through them is to manually chug away (and when Comcast gives you about fifty music-only stations, that can get old fast).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wile3coyote View Post

To work around the blank recording issue, I schedule a "Watching" on NBC about 5 - 10 minutes before the first "Recording" is scheduled. Since then, I don't get the blank recordings anymore with scheduled recordings.

This is interesting. It's almost implying that even though the Tvix says it pops on three minutes ahead of a scheduled recording, that's not always enough to get a solid recording. From the other comments lately in this thread, it kind of makes sense that the "blank" recordings are somewhat there. Often times I see a recorded file that doesn't show anything is still about the size you would expect (around 4 to 4.5 GB for an hour), so it makes sense that the content is still "there" somewhere. The only time I know a recording is bugged for sure is when the file is something like 135KB in size. I just hope Dvico gets on it and fixes some of these stability issues!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:23 AM

I've had a TVIX R-3310 for a while now and have experienced some of the issues that others see. For the blank recordings, notice your display shows 00 00 00 and it just freezes there. Just FF at 2x, after a few seconds, it will switch to play with audio being fine. If you FF faster, you get the audio problem.

I've had the unit networked for about 8 weeks. Using the remote you can transfer recordings from the internal HD to a network drive on your PC. For small files, like music and digital videos/photos, FireFTP works fine for moving files around. FTP will not transfer large recordings.

EPG works fine for channels broadcasting a guide. Clocks seem to be all over the map so manual setting is a must. The title that the unit uses is what it sees when the recording starts, so if you're 10 seconds fast on your clock, your recording will have the last program as a title. As far as DST, it appears the EPG does not correct for this. You need to turn it on is Setup-HDTV then the guide is fine.

If have noticed some issues with the tuner. To start, the unit came with v1.4.2. It couldn't tune some channels, so I upgraded to v1.5.4. I get the same reception as other digital tuners on TV's so its ok that way. What I do see, is occasional noise or macro blocking that is not seen on other tuners. Also if watching a 1080i program and they switch to an upconverted commercial, the unit sometimes turns the video on and off and gets confused. If I switch display to 480i it corrects and I can then go back to 1080i and it is fine.

Hopefully if they do a firmware upgrade, some of the tuner issues can be corrected, but overall I'm quite happy.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyHD View Post

If have noticed some issues with the tuner....I do see...occasional noise or macro blocking that is not seen on other tuners. Also if watching a 1080i program and they switch to an upconverted commercial, the unit sometimes turns the video on and off and gets confused.

Thanks for your post and the tips. I'm hoping that, post digital-transition, we'll see the broadcasters get more serious about sending correct time signals and more extensive EPG data!

Have you eliminated difference in signal to the TViX versus your other tuners as the possible cause for the noise/macro blocking?

How do you have the video connected--HDMI or YPbPr?
Old 04-26-2009, 02:17 PM

I have the antenna going to a distribution amp. This splits the signal 4 ways and boosts 10 db. Each tuner gets a separate feed so they should all be the same. I've also hooked up the TVIX tuner direct to the antenna bypassing the distribution amp and the result is the same.

Going to the TV, I use HDMI. I've tried component and there is no difference. Also the same if live TV or a recorded program.

I think the noise is just in the signals. It occurs on all channels whether the antenna is aimed or picking up on the side. Occurs on strong signals and weak signals. My thinking is that the other tuners filter the signal better.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

How frequent are these noise episodes? I haven't seen any such things so far. Although I have not used the R-3310 very much for live TV viewing, my impression is that its tuner is first rate in the present-day crop.

The thing with the "confused" video output also is something that I've not seen and may be a further indication of a faulty unit. If you're seeing these problems very often I suspect that you have a flakey T411 and you may want to talk with your dealer about an RMA trade.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:24 PM

I've sent emails to tech support on TVIX home page. They know about the problem with upconverted programs on anything other than 480i. I also down converted the firmware to v1.3.8 and tuner problems seemed to be reduced. Much less marco blocking. However there were other problems so I figured it was best to live with the tuner problems using v1.5.4 and wait for an update. So for now, if its upconverted, I just watch in 480i. For the macro blocking, it only appears for a second. Frequency varies, sometimes once in a hour, sometimes in 10 minutes. If the next firmware update doesn't change, I'd think about exchanging the tuner. I'm also going to try a different antenna indoor to see if the problem persists.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
To Beta testers that want to try the latest release, PM me.

Rev 1.6.8

PVR PART
Add the FAVORITE CHANNEL function.
At the GO-TO channel list pop-up, you can add or delete the channel by ADD/DELETE button on remote.
You can edit the channel order in the FAVORITE CHANNEL LIST by CH +/- button on remote
Channel Up/Down action selects the channels only in the FAVORITE CHANNEL LIST.
Add AUTO-TIMESHIFTING START function.
- The TIME-SHIFTING will start automatically as soon as you enter the DTV mode, when enabled
Speed up the channel zapping speed with information window.
Channel list pop-up window will appear according to numbers, when you press numeric key on the remote.
Improve the manual scheduled recording procedure by 2-step wizard style.
You can select the instant recording duration (free-space -> remaining minutes by EPG -> 30 min -> 60 min) by pressing “REC” button on remote sequentially.
Add RECORDING CANCELATION function by pressing ADD/DELETE button on remote during recording.
Improve the EPG update window when selecting the channel in the EPG pop-up.
You can select RECORDING LIST or BOOK-MARK LIST even in DTV mode by pressing BOOKMARK button.
Fix some EPG bugs on France DTV broadcasting
Supports Taiwan 6Mhz DVB-T signal and channels.
Fixing minor bugs and increasing stability.

Multimedia Player/ Others
Add PREVIEW WINDOW at the file browser.
You can enable this function by SETUP -> SYSTEM -> PREVIEW
Add the AUTO-RUN function
Please make “AUTORUN” folder at root on internal HDD or network drive, then select items at setup.
Do not support AUTO-RUN on external USB storage.
Add the RECORDING LIST menu-item on the top menu
You can select the recording file on the RECORDING LIST menu.
The latest recording item will come first.
Show JPEG JACKET image on AUDIO-PLAYBACK window. (If JPEG files in the audio folder)
Multiple images will be slide-showed.
Add the current time display on the upper-right corner.
Change the TOP-MENU orders and add RECORDING LIST menu item.
HDTV & REC-LIST menu will display first when tuner is available.
Improve the video playback on some files.
Fix the BOOKMARK function bug on some files.
Support JPEG EXIF information by “INFO” button on the remote.
Support image wall-paper function at file browser.
Make sure that image should be 1280x720 resolution and rename it tvix.jpg, then place that file at the folder you want.
This function will be disabled when PREVIEW window is activated
Improve the DVD picture quality by removing the over-saturated smooth filter on video firmware.
Network setting will be preserved after firmware upgrade.
Change the some SETUP options
Add the power-off image.

Known Issues
PVR - Video playback of some DVB-T files may stutter at first few frames.

MP3 - will stream in RAW format when digital audio output is selected “DIGITAL”. So maybe MP3 file will not sound on some of receivers.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei Clark View Post

To Beta testers that want to try the latest release, PM me.

Rev 1.6.8

PVR PART
Add the FAVORITE CHANNEL function.
At the GO-TO channel list pop-up, you can add or delete the channel by ADD/DELETE button on remote.
You can edit the channel order in the FAVORITE CHANNEL LIST by CH +/- button on remote
Channel Up/Down action selects the channels only in the FAVORITE CHANNEL LIST.
Channel list pop-up window will appear according to numbers, when you press numeric key on the remote.

i have the R-2210 model.

it looks like the "goto" problem of only about a page and a half of channels
for qam dtv is still not fixed.

the "favorites" feature has helped the "goto" problem and made it more clear
about what could be wrong.
when i deleted the page and a half of music channels(using the new add/delete option) the "goto" list re-populated with the next 11 channels available(also music) so i deleted those 11 channels and it re-populated again with the next 11 channels and so on etc. so there is an 11 channel limit if only hitting the "goto" button.

if i hit just a 7(the numeric key pop-up feature), i get a "goto/favorites list" pop-up of 5 pages for a few seconds, upon which i can use the >> button . when i press 8, i get 1 page including dtv and analog, pressing 9, gives 1 dtv and 3 analog channels, pressing 1 gives about 6 pages of dtv and 1 page of analog. so it looks like the "favorites list" option is fully populated with all scanned channels, unless manually deleted. but the "goto" list when accessed by pressing the "goto" button is limited to only 11 dtv channels(probably a typo in the code for that function).

there are not enough ota channels, in my area, to test the limits of the "goto" button list.

-----------
Old 05-02-2009, 07:13 PM

First, issues with macro blocking and audio/video going off/on when 1080i channel shows upconverted 480i commercial still a problem.

Dislikes
2 channels appear black screen and no sound. Same happened with v1.4.2. With v1.3.8 and 1.5.4 no problem.

EPG updates only when you select a channel. Guide only displays info from channels that have been on, so faster since it doesn't update, but useless if there is no information. The unit has one tuner so better the way it was with v1.5.4.

Main menu shows recordings list and HDTV is first. If you select recordings list you get recordings from most recent regardless of channel. This is more user friendly for retrieving recordings.

When in menu or guide, time displayed in top right 12hr with AM/PM. This is nicer than the 24hr clock.

Goto channel pop-up list nice. You can delete channels you don't want or put the ones you like in a favourites list. My scan shows 22 DTV channels and they are all in the channel list.

I haven't noticed any difference in network or copy functions. Everything appears to work properly.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyHD View Post

My scan shows 22 DTV channels and they are all in the channel list.

Thanks for the update. IIRC, you're using OTA, not QAM, so the 11-channel QAM limit that KAXKID reported (and I have confirmed) doesn't apply. {EDIT: But I see that from KAXKID's post there was some doubt as to whether or not the problem is specific to QAM. I have confirmed it is--but hadn't posted that here until now}

Do you know what's different about the two problematic channels v the ones that work in all the firmwares? (What network, picture format, etc?)