I just bought this box and played for a while. I have been an owner or experienced user of various PVRs such as TIVO, directv, echo star, and Satellite FTA. In general, TXix R3310 hardware is good enough, except it is way too hot near the tuner and fan.
The software user interface is way below all other brands I've been used.
I hope they can fix the following items in the future release:
(1) Remove the offensive RED dot on the screen while recording a channel. This is so ridiculous. The RED dot should be part of the information displayed when you press "info" button. This should be very easy to fix.
(2) Add capability to scan an individual RF channel, or some kind of channel add capability. Currently, it rescans and forgets channels from previous scan.
My antenna is that good. I have to adjust it a little bit in order to receive some channels with some other channels losing signal. So, there is no way for me to find all the channels at the same time.
(3) Signal strength display should have more resolution. A 0-100 meter should be given to user in order to peak the signal by adjusting the antenna.
(4) The Font size is too small and thin in general in the menu, guide and display. The current time display is way way too small to be illegible.
Also The black background is a bad choice, since most TV sets cannot yield a high quality black. They should give user options to select background and foreground color, or at least don't use black as background.
(5) The recording files should not be put in folders according to the channel. This makes sorting impossible, and so it is very difficult to find a program from a large number of recordings. The program files should be all in one folder with sorting capability by time, letters, size ....
(6)The recorded program should also carry the information: description of program, the resolution (480, 720, 1080...), the time length, the channel it is recorded from, the time it is recorded, the file size, the rating...