Samsung 3090/3270 HD-DVR Thread - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-30-2009, 10:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I picked up the H3270 today and set it up this evening. My existing universal remote works perfectly with the H3270 without any reprogramming, just as you said it would. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2009, 09:20 AM

My Time Warner NYC Samsung 3090's software got updated last evening (11/1) from 2. something to 3. something - sorry I don't remember the exact number, but it began with 3.1 and ended with a .2. Like 3.1.1.2 or something.

Anyone know what this update entails? Please tell me it enables esata ; )

Yeah...right... : )
Old 11-02-2009, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Spencer View Post

My Time Warner NYC Samsung 3090's software got updated last evening (11/1) from 2. something to 3. something - sorry I don't remember the exact number, but it began with 3.1 and ended with a .2. Like 3.1.1.2 or something.

Probably 3.1.3_2, which is the latest ODN version I believe we have heard of. Riverside_Guy's _21 MDN not withstanding, TWC usually doesn't introduce new software in NYC... NYC was probably the last division running 3.1.0_11. Charlotte was the next to last... we recently were upgraded to 3.1.3_2 and no substantive changes other than expanded descriptions have been noted.

If it wasn't already, your Samsung software probably was also updated from 2.4.9.2 to 2.4.9.3 - the biggest change there is that now AC3 audio over HDMI works without having to manually change a setting buried deep within the Samsung diagnostics pages.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 7.2.0_11

Old 11-02-2009, 10:10 AM

Is there any sequence of buttons that can be pressed to do a reboot without physically unplugging the unit? My 3090 is mounted in a very difficult place to access the rear of the unit and it is a PITA to keep pulling the unit out and unplugging - sometimes as often as once a day. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes...
  • Enter the Samsung diagnostics menu by holding the [Select] button on the remote for about 10 seconds, then press [Up].
  • Once in the top diagnostic menu, scroll down to the "Reboot STB" entry and hold down the [Select] key.
Box will reboot after about 10 seconds (on-screen instructions says 5 seconds, but it usually takes longer than that).

Old 11-02-2009, 10:47 AM

Thanks - I will try that next time it locks up. Hopefully it works because when I have to reboot it does one of two things
1. No button on the remote or front of the unit will work at all - I am frozen/locked in to the current channel/view
2. Sometimes I get what I call the purple screen of death - basically the unit comes on, but the entire screen is magenta and there is no sound and no buttons work.

I was not aware of the root menu access so I have not tried that before to see if it allows me access to the root menu. There used to be a series of three buttons on my SA unit that I could hold down simultaneously and it would automatically reboot - kind of like a hot restart button on a computer. I will try this root menu reboot and see if that gets me thru.

Thanks again.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post

Probably 3.1.3_2

If it wasn't already, your Samsung software probably was also updated from 2.4.9.2 to 2.4.9.3

All the above sounds correct. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The 32xx boxes use SW v4.2 while the 3090 uses SW v2.4. It looks like Samsung reversed the the numbers when making the 32xx boxes. Both the 3260 and 3270 use the same FW. The FW is labeled 3270.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsink77 View Post

Thanks - I will try that next time it locks up. Hopefully it works because when I have to reboot it does one of two things
1. No button on the remote or front of the unit will work at all - I am frozen/locked in to the current channel/view
2. Sometimes I get what I call the purple screen of death - basically the unit comes on, but the entire screen is magenta and there is no sound and no buttons work.

I was not aware of the root menu access so I have not tried that before to see if it allows me access to the root menu. There used to be a series of three buttons on my SA unit that I could hold down simultaneously and it would automatically reboot - kind of like a hot restart button on a computer. I will try this root menu reboot and see if that gets me thru.

Thanks again.

Although I cannot say that it never happens, freezing/lock-up has not been a huge issue on these boxes... certainly not once a day. What version ODN and Samsung software are running on your box? What's your location?

I suspect that if you are experiencing a total lockup, then a power cycle is probably your only recourse.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:05 AM

Had my wife access the root menu at home using the instruction you provided above - she says software version is 2.4.9.3 - not sure if that is ODN or Samsung software version. I am using Brighthouse out of Orlando FL.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsink77 View Post

Had my wife access the root menu at home using the instruction you provided above - she says software version is 2.4.9.3 - not sure if that is ODN or Samsung software version. I am using Brighthouse out of Orlando FL.

That is the Samsung software and is the latest known version.

The ODN version can be seen by accessing the Navigator diagnostics by pressing and holding [Select] for 10 seconds, then pressing [Down]. The ODN version is the third line from the bottom on the first page of diagnostics.

The latest known ODN version is 3.1.3_2.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:19 AM

Had her access it and it matches the version you typed above. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes...
  • Enter the Samsung diagnostics menu by holding the [Select] button on the remote for about 10 seconds, then press [Up].
  • Once in the top diagnostic menu, scroll down to the "Reboot STB" entry and hold down the [Select] key.
Box will reboot after about 10 seconds (on-screen instructions says 5 seconds, but it usually takes longer than that).

Question... that sounds like a warm boot. Pulling the power is usually thought of as a cold boot. I know that for some electronics, warm and cold do the exact same thing, while on others it can make a difference which one is used.

What about the 3090?

FWIW, if you have their phone service, they seem to keep a call log IN the MDN interface (assume ODN as well). Must be kept in memory as a box re-boot wipes this data clear.

Time Warner NYC (Man North Head End) - 8742HD DVR ODN 5.2.0_9

Old 11-03-2009, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside_Guy View Post

Question... that sounds like a warm boot. Pulling the power is usually thought of as a cold boot. I know that for some electronics, warm and cold do the exact same thing, while on others it can make a difference which one is used.

What about the 3090?

FWIW, if you have their phone service, they seem to keep a call log IN the MDN interface (assume ODN as well). Must be kept in memory as a box re-boot wipes this data clear.

I have seen no difference in the bootup sequence - or the net result - between booting from the menu or pulling power. Doesn't mean that there aren't some subtle differences somewhere in the lowest levels of the Samsung hardware, but I have seen no notable difference. On average I boot every other day because of Charlotte' FOX/CBS recording issues with the 3090's.

I don't have TW phone service, so I can't confirm if ODN is the same regarding the caller ID log.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:27 AM

Hey guys...I just read through ALL 400+ posts on this thread and Googled for hours to fix my problem! I'm getting the E007 error code on my Samsung SMT-H3090, and it's pissing me off!!! Here's my home theater setup, I have a Samsung UN46B6000 TV and I just got a new Onkyo TX-SR707 receiver. My problem sounds like the same as jcalabria's. When I have the H3090 hooked up to my Onkyo using HDMI, the error code E007 comes up on the cable box and on the TV screen I can see the TV station in the background with the "HDCP authorization error/HDMI port disabled" message on top of that. And it appears as if the HDCP authorization message is coming from the Samsung software on the cable box as opposed to the Time Warner Navigator software, which leads me to believe the Navigator software isn't booting up when connected to the Onkyo AVR. So, I followed some of jcalabria's advice from some of his earlier posts, and this is how I "kind of" fixed the problem, but I'm still not happy with it...I'll explain...

I tried plugging in the H3090 directly into the TV, bypassing the Onkyo, using a brand new HDMI cable and the cable box worked great. The Navigator software came right up and there was no HDCP problems. There was no sound though so I had to go into the device settings and change the audio option to HDMI...then there was sound through my TV speakers. After I had the cable box up and running correctly, I then unplugged the HDMI cable from the back of the 3090 and plugged it into my receiver. After a few seconds, and a change of TV channel, I finally got an image on the TV screen, and the TW Navigator software was running too! I got all excited, but then I realized I wasn't getting any audio. So, I went into the device settings again and I saw that the cable box reverted back to the AC-3 audio option. I changed that back to HDMI and the sound came on through my Onkyo WITH surround sound...so the AC-3 over HDMI must be working correctly. Great, I must be in business now....but of course, it can't be THAT easy! I tried shutting down my whole system, TV, receiver and cable box...and then turning them all back on to see if there would be any problems. I got a blank screen once everything was turned on...CRAP! However, I wasn't getting the E007 error code anymore. So I tried changing the channel...the receiver's little HDMI light started blinking and then I got a picture on the screen...it was working again! BUT NO SOUND AGAIN! I had to manually switch the H3090 back to HDMI audio output again to get sound. After that, it basically worked again.

To recap, here are my issues at this point in time
1. Every time I shut everything off and then back on again, I have to manually change the audio from AC-3 back to HDMI to get sound.
2. Every time I shut everything off and then back on again, I get a blank screen and I have to change the channel before I get an image on the screen.
3. Every time I change the channel on the cable box, the screen goes blank for like 5 seconds and the HDMI light on the receiver starts blinking...the audio starts up and then a second later I finally get an image on the screen. The channel changing is taking WAY TOO LONG!
4. When I go into the HDMI status screen in the Samsung diagnostics menu, it says the HDCP connection failed, but I'm still getting a picture, which is weird. When I have the H3090 hooked up directly to the TV, the HDMI status screen shows HDCP as successful.

I apologize for the length of this post...LoL But, I wanted to give as much info on this problem as possible because I think a lot more people will be having these issues as Time Warner starts giving out more and more of these cable boxes. I'm about ready to switch back to component and optical cables...which defeats one of the main reasons why I upgraded my receiver!!! I want all HDMI!!! UGH! I hope someone can help me with all this???
Old 11-10-2009, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

One thing strikes me odd... AC/3 and HDMI are options for single setting??? AC/3 is the encoding standard for multi-channel audio, but HDMI is a connection method that is about audio and video traveling the same cable. It would seem one has little to do with the other.

COULD it mean that "AC/3" means it goes out a digital audio connection (i.e., optical or co-ax) and HDMI goes along that cable? My SA STB has options for HDMI and Dolby Digital, which means what I'm speculating about for the Sammie.

Just curious...

Old 11-10-2009, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaNz View Post

Hey guys...I just read through ALL 400+ posts on this thread and Googled for hours to fix my problem! I'm getting the E007 error code on my Samsung SMT-H3090, and it's pissing me off!!! Here's my home theater setup, I have a Samsung UN46B6000 TV and I just got a new Onkyo TX-SR707 receiver. My problem sounds like the same as jcalabria's. When I have the H3090 hooked up to my Onkyo using HDMI, the error code E007 comes up on the cable box and on the TV screen I can see the TV station in the background with the "HDCP authorization error/HDMI port disabled" message on top of that. And it appears as if the HDCP authorization message is coming from the Samsung software on the cable box as opposed to the Time Warner Navigator software, which leads me to believe the Navigator software isn't booting up when connected to the Onkyo AVR. So, I followed some of jcalabria's advice from some of his earlier posts, and this is how I "kind of" fixed the problem, but I'm still not happy with it...I'll explain...

I tried plugging in the H3090 directly into the TV, bypassing the Onkyo, using a brand new HDMI cable and the cable box worked great. The Navigator software came right up and there was no HDCP problems. There was no sound though so I had to go into the device settings and change the audio option to HDMI...then there was sound through my TV speakers. After I had the cable box up and running correctly, I then unplugged the HDMI cable from the back of the 3090 and plugged it into my receiver. After a few seconds, and a change of TV channel, I finally got an image on the TV screen, and the TW Navigator software was running too! I got all excited, but then I realized I wasn't getting any audio. So, I went into the device settings again and I saw that the cable box reverted back to the AC-3 audio option. I changed that back to HDMI and the sound came on through my Onkyo WITH surround sound...so the AC-3 over HDMI must be working correctly. Great, I must be in business now....but of course, it can't be THAT easy! I tried shutting down my whole system, TV, receiver and cable box...and then turning them all back on to see if there would be any problems. I got a blank screen once everything was turned on...CRAP! However, I wasn't getting the E007 error code anymore. So I tried changing the channel...the receiver's little HDMI light started blinking and then I got a picture on the screen...it was working again! BUT NO SOUND AGAIN! I had to manually switch the H3090 back to HDMI audio output again to get sound. After that, it basically worked again.

To recap, here are my issues at this point in time
1. Every time I shut everything off and then back on again, I have to manually change the audio from AC-3 back to HDMI to get sound.
2. Every time I shut everything off and then back on again, I get a blank screen and I have to change the channel before I get an image on the screen.
3. Every time I change the channel on the cable box, the screen goes blank for like 5 seconds and the HDMI light on the receiver starts blinking...the audio starts up and then a second later I finally get an image on the screen. The channel changing is taking WAY TOO LONG!
4. When I go into the HDMI status screen in the Samsung diagnostics menu, it says the HDCP connection failed, but I'm still getting a picture, which is weird. When I have the H3090 hooked up directly to the TV, the HDMI status screen shows HDCP as successful.

I apologize for the length of this post...LoL But, I wanted to give as much info on this problem as possible because I think a lot more people will be having these issues as Time Warner starts giving out more and more of these cable boxes. I'm about ready to switch back to component and optical cables...which defeats one of the main reasons why I upgraded my receiver!!! I want all HDMI!!! UGH! I hope someone can help me with all this???

There are some aspects of your problem that are similar to what I had experienced... mainly the refusal of the 3090 to boot into Navigator with an HDMI connection to my Onkyo 876 receiver (with the receiver turned on... the 3090 would boot fine if the receiver was off even with the HDMI connection intact). However, I never got any error messages whatsoever during the failed boot process. What version Samsung and Navigator software are you on? When I was having the problem, I was running Samsung v2.4.9.2 with ODN 3.1.0_11. I currently have versions 2.4.9.3 and 3.1.3_2... but I have not tried a boot with an HDMI connection to the receiver since I was upgraded. It's possible that the explicit error messages came along with the Samsung upgrade to 2.4.9.3.

In any case, mainly because of the boot issue (which wasn't that much of an issue once I understood what was happening, because unnattended boots would work fine because the AVR was off and I could manually turn off the AVR when I intentionally booted the box), I switched to component connections to the AVR with the AVR converting to HDMI, maintaining the single cable connection to the TV. I actually ended up with better PQ from the component outputs than I had with the HDMI output of the 3090, so that ended up being a plus for me, not a negative. It also allowed me some more flexible switching arrangements for a second display I have as a PoP monitor.

As far as your audio format issues, I have never seen that behavior at all. Aside from having to manually enable AC3 audio over HDMI conenctions in the 2.4.9.2 software version (hidden diagnostic menu item... no longer required with 2.4.9.3), I have not seen any erratic behavior with the HDMI audio. In fact, I recently ran it through several confiurations to answer some questions that Riverside_Guy had asked and all connection configurations worked exactly as they should have. It may be possible that you just have a box with a bad HDMI port - maybe its not correctly reading EDID information to determine that it has an HDMI audio connection and what format (AC3 or PCM) it should be.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

One thing strikes me odd... AC/3 and HDMI are options for single setting??? AC/3 is the encoding standard for multi-channel audio, but HDMI is a connection method that is about audio and video traveling the same cable. It would seem one has little to do with the other.

COULD it mean that "AC/3" means it goes out a digital audio connection (i.e., optical or co-ax) and HDMI goes along that cable? My SA STB has options for HDMI and Dolby Digital, which means what I'm speculating about for the Sammie.

Just curious...

There are three options in a single setting that DOES combine connection type and audio format:
  • HDMI
    • HDMI audio is activated.
    • Audio format (AC3/PCM) is automatically selected based on EDID info from HDMI sink device.
    • Coax/Optical ports remain active and use same format automatically determined by HDMI EDID info.
  • AC3/Dolby
    • HDMI audio is deactivated.
    • Coax/Optical ports output AC3/DD audio.
  • PCM
    • Coax/Optical ports output 2ch linear PCM.
As best I can remember, the SA boxes behave essentially the same way... EXCEPT that the SA boxes exhibit a bug that allows the HDMI EDID info to still determine audio format even when "HDMI" was not the chosen option. This would cause an HDMI connection to a 2ch capable TV to force PCM audio out of the Coax/Optical ports - much to the dismay of users trying to feed AC3 to their receivers. The Samsungs have not exhibited this behavior and appear to correctly ignore HDMI EDID information unless HDMI output is specifically chosen.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:

There are three options in a single setting that DOES combine connection type and audio format:
  • HDMI
    • HDMI audio is activated.
    • Audio format (AC3/PCM) is automatically selected based on EDID info from HDMI sink device.
    • Coax/Optical ports remain active and use same format automatically determined by HDMI EDID info.
  • AC3/Dolby
    • Coax/Optical ports output AC3/DD audio.
  • PCM
    • Coax/Optical ports output 2ch linear PCM.
As best I can remember, the SA boxes behave essentially the same way... EXCEPT that the SA boxes exhibit a bug that allows the HDMI EDID info to still determine audio format even when "HDMI" was not the chosen option. This would cause an HDMI connection to a 2ch capable TV to force PCM audio out of the Coax/Optical ports - much to the dismay of users trying to feed AC3 to their receivers. The Samsungs have not exhibited this behavior and appear to correctly ignore HDMI EDID information unless HDMI output is specifically chosen.

Those are the 3 options I am given in the device settings. So, my H3090 keeps going back to AC3/Dolby when I shut it off. I don't have anything currently plugged into the optical port, so I don't know why it would keep reverting back. I guess there could possibly be something wrong with the HDMI connection on the cable box since when I plugged it directly into my TV I STILL had to manually change it back to HDMI. I will tinker around a little more when I get home tonight. I didn't get too much time to mess around with it last night because once I finally got a picture on the screen and the sound working, my wife insisted on watching TV before I screwed it up again...LoL
Old 11-10-2009, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Your "remembrance" is on the money. I had never run across the bug you mention because when I switched to HDMI, I always shut down the AVR; but it sure is in there. I DID feel that if I chose HDMI, that meant I did not want any audio going out the optical/co-ax port, just like choosing DD (AC/3) WOULD mute audio via HDMI.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Spencer View Post

.... ta daaa.... Your wish is my command.

Out of the blue a message appeared on my setop Monday evening saying Esata formatting...

I went back to check drive space and the %full had dropped from around 70% or so to 24%.

Now the one issue is that on Monday one of the programs didn't get recorded - not sure if related but update apart from that is looking good.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Your "remembrance" is on the money. I had never run across the bug you mention because when I switched to HDMI, I always shut down the AVR; but it sure is in there. I DID feel that if I chose HDMI, that meant I did not want any audio going out the optical/co-ax port, just like choosing DD (AC/3) WOULD mute audio via HDMI.

My "remembrance" was based on complaints posted in the Navigator thread. Whether the problem manifested itself or not seemed to depend on the TV the HDMI was connected to and what was in its EDID packet. I actually never could duplicate the problem on my old setup, which had a an 8300HDC, Onkyo NR801 AVR (non-HDMI) and a Samsung A550 LCD TV. The coax out audio setting never budged off its AC3 setting despite the HDMI being connected to the 2ch-PCM only Samsung TV, no matter how I switched inputs or toggled power on the TV or box. Others definitely reported the problem with the 8300HDC, especially with Sony & Panasonic TVs, as I recall.

All of which means that my tests with the 3090 connected to my Samsung TV may not be a definitive example of the 3090's good behavior... since the 8300 didn't do it with my TV either.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

FWIW, Moxie just made a new splash (speaking of DVRs)... they dropped the price from 800 to 500 on their 2 tuner box, and now have a 3 tuner DVR PLUS a second non DVR box for the original 800 price. Right now, that non DVR box just can play back what is recorded... but they say a future firmware update WILL allow it to tune live TV.

Not to mention they are compatible with multi-disk arrays, so one CAN have 6T of storage!

Gotta go find a Moxie thread...

Old 11-13-2009, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I just got a H3260 box for my Sony SDTV and for some reason the box refuses to work with a component connection. It's fine with the analog cables, but when you try to use the component connection it gives the "picture" that it's trying to send an HD signal only. Is there a way to get this box to connect to my tv with a component connection? The SA HD boxes never had a problem with this!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Just got an E-Mail from my Divisions engineering department and he said an update is coming soon for San Diego. There are some bugs with the 3260 box that need to be addressed and that they got similar complaints. The bugs are showing please wait while changing channels and the VOD window not popping up. The VOD window not popping up might be a design feature but they're working on fixing the bugs. The 3270 doesn't have the 3260 flaws as it's a dual tuner DVR.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

TWC does appreciate comments posted on the forums according to my engineering contact. They can't obviously post but they hear your feedback loud and clear.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:53 PM

Does anybody have a list of bugs in the Samsung 3270? I picked up a Samsung 3270 here in Raleigh and so far it's got some mysterious bugs that my old SA 8000 did not have. Has anybody seen these?

Tonight my 3270 did not record the Simpsons or Cleveland Guy on Fox. I have series recording setup for both. The guide seems to indicate that there's a conflict with another show, but only the Amazing Race is recording on CBS. I checked this morning and the DVR indicated that it was going to record the Simpsons and Cleveland Guy, but didn't. This has now happened twice this week were I have a series recording and the shows didn't record. FYI, my TiVos recorded both shows just fine.

The fast forward doesn't seem to always fast forward the same speed. Sometimes its very fast and sometimes its slower. Not sure why it isn't consistent.

I used to be able to hit the left button on my remote to bring up the playback bar. That worked fine on the SA8000 but not on the Samsung.

When viewing the list Page Up and Page Down used to stop at the top or bottom item of the list. Now it scrolls right by. This is annoying since it means more remote clicks to get to the show at the top of the list.

The rewind 8 seconds button appears to only work when playing a show and not when fast forwarding or rewinding. Again, a limitation that the SA 8000 did not have.

The picture has pixelated several times over the last week. This could be Time Warner's fault, but it happened more often that with the SA 8000.

The reason I got the Samsung was for the HDMI output and larger hard drive. Both are a definite improvement over the SA 8000. Hopefully the bugs will be addressed soon to make the box more stable.

Regards, Daniel
Old 11-22-2009, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

What SW and ODN version are you running. I'm running ODN v3.1.3_2 and SW v4.2.2.3 on my 3270. Software can be accessed by holding select plus up. The ODN version can be identified by holding select then press down.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthefan View Post

Does anybody have a list of bugs in the Samsung 3270? I picked up a Samsung 3270 here in Raleigh and so far it's got some mysterious bugs that my old SA 8000 did not have. Has anybody seen these?

Tonight my 3270 did not record the Simpsons or Cleveland Guy on Fox. I have series recording setup for both. The guide seems to indicate that there's a conflict with another show, but only the Amazing Race is recording on CBS. I checked this morning and the DVR indicated that it was going to record the Simpsons and Cleveland Guy, but didn't. This has now happened twice this week were I have a series recording and the shows didn't record. FYI, my TiVos recorded both shows just fine.

The fast forward doesn't seem to always fast forward the same speed. Sometimes its very fast and sometimes its slower. Not sure why it isn't consistent.

I used to be able to hit the left button on my remote to bring up the playback bar. That worked fine on the SA8000 but not on the Samsung.

When viewing the list Page Up and Page Down used to stop at the top or bottom item of the list. Now it scrolls right by. This is annoying since it means more remote clicks to get to the show at the top of the list.

The rewind 8 seconds button appears to only work when playing a show and not when fast forwarding or rewinding. Again, a limitation that the SA 8000 did not have.

The picture has pixelated several times over the last week. This could be Time Warner's fault, but it happened more often that with the SA 8000.

The reason I got the Samsung was for the HDMI output and larger hard drive. Both are a definite improvement over the SA 8000. Hopefully the bugs will be addressed soon to make the box more stable.

Regards, Daniel

I've heard that the 8000 is a terrible DVR and obsolete. Mine seems to be fine. The pixellation could actually be TWC or your signal levels. You might have SnR ratings and that could make it worse. The bugs are being fixed. A new version is coming out but the corporate lab is testing them and then your division can deploy them.

Edit: Apparently TWC does read the forums and they do acknowledge the bugs. Thankfully they have a lab in NC and Colorado that do box testing and those labs test the updates before the divisions get them.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvfan2005 View Post

What SW and ODN version are you running. I'm running ODN v3.1.3_2 and SW v4.2.2.3 on my 3270. Software can be accessed by holding select plus up. The ODN version can be identified by holding select then press down.

I tried the key sequences you suggested with no luck. I must be doing it wrong. I tried it from the remove and the keypad on the front of he machine. Is there another way to see the SW and ODN version?

Thanks, Daniel