Samsung 3090/3270 HD-DVR Thread - Page 33 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #961 of 962 Old 01-26-2015, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Originally Posted by kmtieken View Post
Sorry if this has been posted or asked before but I just got the samsung smt-h3272 dvr through twc and have a few questions. How do you use or get to the play again feature (cant remember what it is called but it allows you to watch shows that aired earlier in the day or week) and how do you watch in 1080p (can only watch in 1080i even with the hd package)? Thanks
Blue SELECT button brings up the "Look Back/Start Over" menu. Only works on some channels, some shows. Try ABC, etc. to see what it looks like when it works.

1080i is the highest shown for TWC. Your TV (being a 1080p I suspect) will still technically actually show at 1080p. I just leave my DVR at 1080i so it converts 720p, 480i, up before getting to the TV. I did not like the delay of the TV changing input resolutions as I changed channels.

Sponsored Links
post #962 of 962 Old 03-03-2015, 06:09 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Originally Posted by jeepsteve92xj View Post
The red bar says "WARNING - KEYS ARE BLOCKED" (something close to that).
The Blue bar says "Please wait until process is complete"
I was just reading them but I didn't write the exact wording down.
You can read it when going to FACTORY TEST MODE and back. It stays on the screen for a few seconds until the unit reboots.

I was attempting to add my WD 1TB eSATA. For the first time since we got this DVR in September 2013, we were down to just 6% instead of the normal 90+ we normally hang at. Unfortunately the GF woke up for work and couldn't wait and let me make more attempts.
I was trying the Extended Diags 03. But I don't think anything happened.

I believe I had read before that a factory reset or something was required for it to recognize and mount the eSATA drive. I coulnd't find that information today. I guess I didn't bookmark it when I read it way back whenever.

An issue ever since they started changing the OS for High Definition and Digital, nearly every single show is cut off in the last minute.
We don't always have space to add on a minute. On some of the worst channels - Disc, Hist, and many more, we have to cut a first minute from another program to add a minute. This hasn't been a Samsung DVR issue. We had it with the SA8###
It sure doesn't help when so many prime time programs are 60 plus 1 or 2 or 3 minutes instead of just 60. I tend to stop watching the ones that run long.

Samsung H3270
Do you know how to disable Factory Test Mode? And, if so will you please enlighten me on the process? I tried going into the Advanced Diagnostics Menu and entering the "TIME" password as I did to enable the factory test mode, but when I do the screen goes blank.
Sponsored Links
Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page