2 DishNetwork DuoDVRs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-04-2009, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I asked these questions in my theater build thread but this looks like a more appropriate area.

I currently have 2 receivers a VIP 622 HD DuoDVR and a regular HD Receiver...
I would like to replace the regular HD Receiver with a second DuoDVR (the DuoDVR VIP 722 I believe). The goal here is to distribute the signal from both DVRs through coax to the other TVs in the house (like I do now with the 622). I believe they can broadcast on channels 69 & 70???

So the questions are:
Can I run 2 DuoDVRs from one sat?
If so can I distribute the signals from both DVRs through coax to other TVs in the house? One on channel 69 & one on 70?
Thanks in advance for the help,

Joe V
Time > Money

The Valley Theater & Game Room
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2009, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can't answer both questions but I know you can run two receivers. I have a 622 and a 722. Should be simple as you already have the satellite connection at the non-dvr receiver. Not sure if you can combine the TV2 output from the two receivers. It would make sense that you could since I know you can combine the TV2 output and an OTA antenna onto a single coax. Worst case would be running TV2 output from one receiver to all TVs via coax and using wireless video sender and multiple receivers connected via composite to all TVs from the second receiver. I'm assuming that your end result is to have access to recordings on either DVR from all TVs.
You may want to ask the question at www.satelliteguys.us as that site has a lot of very knowledgeable people.

By the way, nice basement plan. Wish I could do that to mine.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG58 View Post

......I'm assuming that your end result is to have access to recordings on either DVR from all TVs.
You may want to ask the question at www.satelliteguys.us as that site has a lot of very knowledgeable people.

By the way, nice basement plan. Wish I could do that to mine.

Thanks Nick this this is indeed the goal.

I had a chat with Dish Network support and and they said this would work as I hoped with the obvious caveat that the distribution to the other TVs would be in SD. For my situation the other down side is only 2 "TV2" remotes for the other 5 TVs and having to have the "correct TV2" remote for the DVR we want to watch. Both workable in our situation.

Joe V
Time > Money

The Valley Theater & Game Room