Pace Home Content Sharing - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 74 Old 12-10-2010, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry for the delayed reply...missed this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter2486 View Post

I'm trying to reformat the hdd and it's literally taking days lol.
How long does it take to format a 500gb drive?

Should be very quick and the Jayhawk will reboot when the format completes. What diagnostics screen are you trying to do the format from?

Quote:

Second, which is the best way to connect client boxes?

If you have more than two clients, I'd use CAT-6. Whatever you do, if you have more than two clients, please remember to use a GigE switch.

MoCA 1.1 networks over RF actually have higher capacity than CAT-5.

Quote:

Now however, I'm having an issue with the internet, and I'm pretty sure it's that filter. It's knocked our 20mb service down to 1mg and the cable techs have no clue what the problem is or how to fix it.

MoCA traffic is 1GHz and up, the filter shouldn't impact non-MoCA devices like your modem.

Linden
Pace Americas, Inc. (note the views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Pace).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 Old 12-11-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindend View Post

Who's your cable provider?

Insight
post #63 of 74 Old 12-13-2010, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnewtoyou View Post

Insight

The reason I asked was that software is under trial at Insight and not officially released so I can't post release notes on AVS. However, the person running the trial at Insight does have access to the release notes and you should be able to get the notes from them. If you have further questions, please follow up with me via PM.

Thanks.

Linden
Pace Americas, Inc. (note the views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Pace).
post #64 of 74 Old 01-12-2011, 10:44 AM

In one of your postings about the new Pace-HCS DVR client, you mentioned the following:

We've added a new screen where you can see/play/manage/delete all of the recordings on the Network but there's no new UI to learn.

How can I program my old cable remote to access this new screen? When I hit MY DVR, it only shows the recordings made on the local client, not all the recordings on the NAS storage unit from all clients.

Thank you,
Chris
post #65 of 74 Old 01-12-2011, 11:59 AM

If you have a B button on your remote, that will access the full list of recordings available.
post #66 of 74 Old 01-12-2011, 02:05 PM

Tried the B button, but it doesn't work. That button does go back one day in the guide, though.
post #67 of 74 Old 01-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6969 View Post

Tried the B button, but it doesn't work. That button does go back one day in the guide, though.

I may be wrong and I am not at home to test, but I think there may be a setting in the DVR menu where you designate if you want to show all of the clients.
post #68 of 74 Old 01-12-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanotheron View Post

I may be wrong and I am not at home to test, but I think there may be a setting in the DVR menu where you designate if you want to show all of the clients.

I looked in all the menus I could think of, but did not find anything. If you find out for sure how to do this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Chris
post #69 of 74 Old 01-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

I looked in all the menus I could think of, but did not find anything. If you find out for sure how to do this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

To get to the DVR menu, turn the power off and immediately hit the menu button. The next to last menu item is "Home Content Sharing" and you should make sure that it is enabled for each of the clients that are connected.

Mel
post #70 of 74 Old 01-14-2011, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanotheron View Post

To get to the DVR menu, turn the power off and immediately hit the menu button. The next to last menu item is "Home Content Sharing" and you should make sure that it is enabled for each of the clients that are connected.

Mel

Home Content Sharing is enabled for all the clients. But when you press the My DVR button, it is only displaying the recordings on the local client. There is supposed to be a way to display the recordings from all the clients at once. That is what I am trying to find out. I am wondering if there is some Extended Function Code or something I can program into the remote to get to this new screen.

Thanks,
Chris
post #71 of 74 Old 01-14-2011, 09:50 AM

The B button on my remote does not take me back in the guide. Maybe your remote has had keys re-assigned?
post #72 of 74 Old 01-14-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadtaste View Post
The B button on my remote does not take me back in the guide. Maybe your remote has had keys re-assigned?
The "B / Square / Day -" button will take you back 24 hours in the guide only if you have gone forward 24 hours or more in the guide with the right arrow or the "C / Circle / Day +" button. If you are less than 24 hours in the future, then it will only back up to the current date and time. This is standard programming for the Motorola-compatible remotes.

I am thinking there may be an Extended Function Code that needs to be programmed into this remote to make the "MY DVR" button display the recordings list that includes the recordings for all clients.

Thank you,
Chris
post #73 of 74 Old 01-16-2011, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Chris,

Quote:

The "B / Square / Day -" button will take you back 24 hours in the guide only if you have gone forward 24 hours or more in the guide with the right arrow or the "C / Circle / Day +" button.

What happens when you press the B key varies depending on the remote. Many remotes have the B key default to Day+ I believe. If you reprogram it to generate the true B key action it should work. Who is your cable provider? I believe they should have done this for you during the install.

If you have a remote where the B key isn't working as expected and its a grey style remote, this should work for you:

1. Press the Cable button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.
2. Press and hold the "Setup" button until the "Cable" button blinks twice.
3. Type in the code 994. The "Cable" button will blink twice.
4. Press (do not hold) the "Setup" button.
5. Type in the code 00237.
6. Press the blue B' button.
7. The "Cable" button will blink twice if programming was successful.

Be aware that this will reprogram your B key! If you still want the Day+ functionality, don't reprogram it and only do this if it isn't working.

Linden
post #74 of 74 Old 01-17-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindend View Post
Chris,

What happens when you press the B key varies depending on the remote. Many remotes have the B key default to Day+ I believe. If you reprogram it to generate the true B key action it should work. Who is your cable provider? I believe they should have done this for you during the install.

If you have a remote where the B key isn't working as expected and its a grey style remote, this should work for you:

1. Press the Cable button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.
2. Press and hold the "Setup" button until the "Cable" button blinks twice.
3. Type in the code 994. The "Cable" button will blink twice.
4. Press (do not hold) the "Setup" button.
5. Type in the code 00237.
6. Press the blue B' button.
7. The "Cable" button will blink twice if programming was successful.

Be aware that this will reprogram your B key! If you still want the Day- functionality, don't reprogram it and only do this if it isn't working.
The B key is the Day - button, and I just left it set to that. I reprogrammed the "MY DVR" button using the EFC code 00237 you gave me, and that solved the problem.

Thank you so much for your help!
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page