Official DVICO TViX M6620N HD (ATSC/QAM) Tuner Topic - Page 78 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

Old Today, 05:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
I never bought a Korean unit, but I did import some extra remote controls, as the enter and down buttons on my original remote wore out. I haven't been able to find a universal remote that will work with the TViX, because it has so many buttons on the bottom of the remote that no universal remote has enough buttons to map every function.
Go to e-bay and do searches for URC remotes. Specifically the MX-450 and especially the MX900.

Both can be had for a reasonable price (around $50-$80 in good condition). The big differences are the 450 is newer w/ a color LCD display, but you can only save programming. You can't create or edit existing programming via a PC.
The 900, you can do both, but it has a mono LCD low-res display. Both are 'learning' remotes with 'soft' programmable buttons on the LCD display. You can name and use those for almost anything. They both have FF & skip functions which many remote do not have.

Both have macro function (multiple commands within a single button). I have both remotes, two of the 900. It's PC programmable w/o connecting to some server a thousand miles away. The software is available

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement