5Likes

post #3361 of 3371 Old 08-16-2014, 01:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dturturro View Post
$99 Lifetime Sub?! What number did you call?
The regular Tivo number. They gave it to my because of the length of service on the box.

YMMV.

Peter 100% OTA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3362 of 3371 Old 08-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by plamar View Post
The regular Tivo number. They gave it to my because of the length of service on the box.

YMMV.
So I called customer service and the initial operator quoted $399 per unit. I asked for customer retention or cancellation department and I was transferred to "Advanced Billing Support". After explaining my intention to convert to Lifetime Service for less than the $399 each I was put on hold for a few minutes and the rep came back with $99 each!
post #3363 of 3371 Old 09-05-2014, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
So I gave the new software a couple of months and I've decided I'm not a big fan. Before the update, my unit worked great... since the update:

I find NO increase in menu speed. Quite the contrary. I'm getting a lot of spinning circles when I change selections. Still slow between networked devices.

On a personal preference note...I liked the old color scheme better. Probably just a resistance to change thing for us older folks.

Ever since the update I'm losing one tuner almost daily...at least every other day. It just goes blank and whatever channel I tune to says that I'm not authorized to view that channel. When this happens, at the same time I lose my ability to view anything "On Demand". I have to unplug and re-start the unit before it will work properly again. Occasionally, not all channels go blank and a handful will still work, but the majority are not available.

Thanks for the posts about how to remove the new side menu and also how to get rid of the Netflix thing. That was truly a royal pain. Additional keystrokes and all that. I did notice that there's a huge ad when you hit the pause button right above the progress bar when you watch a football game. I haven't noticed it anywhere else.
post #3364 of 3371 Old 09-05-2014, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkstur View Post
So I gave the new software a couple of months and I've decided I'm not a big fan. Before the update, my unit worked great... since the update:
The Fall SW Update Priority List is now open. I am sure many bugs have been fixed.
http://www.tivo.com/priority20.4.4

If you sign up, you will most likely get the new update in the next 2 weeks.

TiVo Roamio Pro, Premiere XL4, Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, TiVo Mini
Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3365 of 3371 Old 09-06-2014, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

I find NO increase in menu speed. Quite the contrary. I'm getting a lot of spinning circles when I change selections. Still slow between networked devices.

On a personal preference note...I liked the old color scheme better. Probably just a resistance to change thing for us older folks.

Ever since the update I'm losing one tuner almost daily...at least every other day. It just goes blank and whatever channel I tune to says that I'm not authorized to view that channel. When this happens, at the same time I lose my ability to view anything "On Demand". I have to unplug and re-start the unit before it will work properly again. Occasionally, not all channels go blank and a handful will still work, but the majority are not available.

Thanks for the posts about how to remove the new side menu and also how to get rid of the Netflix thing. That was truly a royal pain. Additional keystrokes and all that. I did notice that there's a huge ad when you hit the pause button right above the progress bar when you watch a football game. I haven't noticed it anywhere else.
You may want to try the SPSPauseS code to drastically reduce the time the progress bar is visible. I don't like the progress bar covering up what I am watching and I don't like the ads. The code pretty much eliminates that problem.
post #3366 of 3371 Old 09-06-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
1)
2) I obviously assumed you had Netflix because it's showing up in your video providers. Just turn off NF from video providers and it shouldn't show up.

Tried to find the video providers and couldn't. I'd like to get rid of the whole gang of the...Netfilx, Hulu, etc. Where is the menu to select these?
post #3367 of 3371 Old 09-06-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGA$$TV View Post
You may want to try the SPSPauseS code to drastically reduce the time the progress bar is visible. I don't like the progress bar covering up what I am watching and I don't like the ads. The code pretty much eliminates that problem.
SPSPauseS? Is that slow/pause/slow/pause/slow?
post #3368 of 3371 Old 09-06-2014, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Tried to find the video providers and couldn't. I'd like to get rid of the whole gang of the...Netfilx, Hulu, etc. Where is the menu to select these?

Go to channels under settings.
post #3369 of 3371 Old 09-06-2014, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
SPSPauseS? Is that slow/pause/slow/pause/slow?
Use this key sequence while playing a recording.

Select Play Select Pause Select

TiVo Roamio Pro, Premiere XL4, Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, TiVo Mini
Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3370 of 3371 Old 09-06-2014, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_CoxPHX View Post
Use this key sequence while playing a recording.

Select Play Select Pause Select
I sure wish those codes would stick rather than going away when the device reboots. Not so bad on my premiere, but it takes forever on my mini to get the minimal progress bar code to take hold. Usually takes at least ten tries.
post #3371 of 3371 Old 09-07-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
Go to channels under settings.
Thank you. That worked great. For some reason, that's the only menu I didn't go through because it didn't make sense for video sources to be there.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page