Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #811 of 3380 Old 12-02-2010, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks...much appreciated.

Yes $100 for the router is what I was saying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 3380 Old 12-03-2010, 10:27 PM

Should my Tivo choose(decode??) 1080i/p, 720p, 480i/p or should my Samsung LN46C630.

Thanks.
post #813 of 3380 Old 12-04-2010, 07:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlyn View Post

Should my Tivo choose(decode??) 1080i/p, 720p, 480i/p or should my Samsung LN46C630.

Thanks.

Only you can tell by trying. So far I prefer TiVo doing the scaling... my set doesn't appear all that great at it.
post #814 of 3380 Old 12-04-2010, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 98
You should also get much faster channel changes using a fixed resolution because you don't have to go through the HDMI handshake. I settled on 1080i and HD looks great, the only thing that looked better at native was 480i(SD) where my TV seemed to do a little better job with masking interlace lines. I don't watch much SD so I just stick with 1080i fixed. But as Charles said, it's best to try with your particular TV.
post #815 of 3380 Old 12-08-2010, 12:59 PM

I recently installed two Premieres. I'm having a problem transfering programming between the two. The process starts but stops after 30 seconds or so and never restarts. I can download programming from the internet with no problem. The network connection on both is Cat5.
I appreciate any suggestions.
post #816 of 3380 Old 12-10-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

You should also get much faster channel changes using a fixed resolution because you don't have to go through the HDMI handshake. I settled on 1080i and HD looks great, the only thing that looked better at native was 480i(SD) where my TV seemed to do a little better job with masking interlace lines. I don't watch much SD so I just stick with 1080i fixed. But as Charles said, it's best to try with your particular TV.

I couldn't get HDMI to work with my TiVo Series-3 and don't know what the problem was. I now have a TiVo Premier. I don't want to waste time trying to get it going if the Sony SXRD TV has a problem with the HDMI handshake. Any advice?

Thanks, cb
post #817 of 3380 Old 12-10-2010, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 98
You might want to try another HDMI cable. I had a issue with one of my upconverting DVD players and it turned out to be a bad cable. It would sync some times but not others.
post #818 of 3380 Old 12-11-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

You might want to try another HDMI cable. I had a issue with one of my upconverting DVD players and it turned out to be a bad cable. It would sync some times but not others.

I connected it using HDMI and it seems to be working OK. I set the TiVo to 1080i fixed - I don't think I ever set it when I had the Series 3.

Thanks to all, cb
post #819 of 3380 Old 12-11-2010, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm trying to decode a tivo file on my PC with kmttg and get the following errors almost immediately.

Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - Paul McCartney; Nick Cannon
Recorded Thu 12/09/2010 11:37 PM on 188=WMAQDT, Duration = 63 mins
Musician Paul McCartney; radio personality Nick Cannon.
>> DECRYPTING F:\\My TiVo Recordings\\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).TiVo ...
C:\\kmttg\ ivodecode\ ivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "C:\\kmttg\\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).mpg" "F:\\My TiVo Recordings\\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).TiVo"
tivodecode failed (exit code: 10 ) - check command: C:\\kmttg\ ivodecode\ ivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "C:\\kmttg\\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).mpg" "F:\\My TiVo Recordings\\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).TiVo"
TiVo Private Data : Unmatched Stream ID: No error
ts_handle_tivo_private_data failed: No error
processing frame: No error
Encryption by QUALCOMM

I used it fine on some files from my HD XL but this seems to be new with the file from my Premiere. I even xferred the file from my Premiere to the XL and then from the XL and got the same error. (had read something about a diff xfer protocol on the Premiere?)

Anybody have any ideas?

Hope it's ok to ask about this kind of software.

Phil Tomaskovic
post #820 of 3380 Old 12-12-2010, 02:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Tomaskovic View Post
I'm trying to decode a tivo file on my PC with kmttg and get the following errors almost immediately.

Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - Paul McCartney; Nick Cannon
Recorded Thu 12/09/2010 11:37 PM on 188=WMAQDT, Duration = 63 mins
Musician Paul McCartney; radio personality Nick Cannon.
>> DECRYPTING F:\\My TiVo Recordings\\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).TiVo ...
C:\\kmttg\ ivodecode\ ivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "C:\\kmttg\\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).mpg" "F:\\My TiVo Recordings\\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).TiVo"
tivodecode failed (exit code: 10 ) - check command: C:\\kmttg\ ivodecode\ ivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "C:\\kmttg\\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).mpg" "F:\\My TiVo Recordings\\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).TiVo"
TiVo Private Data : Unmatched Stream ID: No error
ts_handle_tivo_private_data failed: No error
processing frame: No error
Encryption by QUALCOMM

I used it fine on some files from my HD XL but this seems to be new with the file from my Premiere. I even xferred the file from my Premiere to the XL and then from the XL and got the same error. (had read something about a diff xfer protocol on the Premiere?)

Anybody have any ideas?

Hope it's ok to ask about this kind of software.
Check here
I think you have a problem with how you configured File Naming in kmttg and are getting quote marks where they shouldn't be.
Also, make sure you're using the latest version of kmttg v0p7q (10/20/2010).
post #821 of 3380 Old 12-12-2010, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall23 View Post
Check here
I think you have a problem with how you configured File Naming in kmttg and are getting quote marks where they shouldn't be.
Also, make sure you're using the latest version of kmttg v0p7q (10/20/2010).
I copied with tivo desktop, a file without quotes did the same error. Also renamed this file to just Late Night.Tivo

Phil Tomaskovic
post #822 of 3380 Old 12-13-2010, 09:09 AM

Quick question because I haven't spotted an answer to this year...but with the new pricing they have and the one year contract. I buy one for $99, pay $20/month for a year, then after the year can I cancel and come to regular pricing? Or is the box forever tied into the $20/month rate?
post #823 of 3380 Old 12-13-2010, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 266
No one knows what the price will be after the year (or two) commitment is up. Right now the official policy is that you continue month-to-month at the $20 rate, but we'll have to see what happens when the current promo expires at end of year.
post #824 of 3380 Old 12-13-2010, 11:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae1360 View Post

Quick question because I haven't spotted an answer to this year...but with the new pricing they have and the one year contract. I buy one for $99, pay $20/month for a year, then after the year can I cancel and come to regular pricing? Or is the box forever tied into the $20/month rate?

Without too much effort you can still get Lifetime for the new units (I did with two of them) so if you are committed for two years or more that seems like the best deal (to me). Plus if you want to bail more than likely you'll recoup most of your investment when you sell it.
post #825 of 3380 Old 12-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I copied with tivo desktop, a file without quotes did the same error. Also renamed this file to just Late Night.Tivo

Is the problem occuring when you download from the Premiere in transport stream format or program stream format? I ask because I can't get the transport stream download to work reliably from my Premiere (works sometimes, then doesn't, even with the same recording). It downloads, but sometimes the transport stream download appears corrupt and wont decode.
post #826 of 3380 Old 12-14-2010, 12:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is the problem occuring when you download from the Premiere in transport stream format or program stream format? I ask because I can't get the transport stream download to work reliably from my Premiere (works sometimes, then doesn't, even with the same recording). It downloads, but sometimes the transport stream download appears corrupt and wont decode.

I think it was in transport stream mode. I downloaded with kmttg and then it worked. Although I'm confused that I copied it from the Premiere to an HD and then from the HD and it was still bad. Would TS mode affecte how the file got to the HD? nd thwn from the HD to the PC it was still bad? Note I could play the tivo file on the PC with WMP, just that kmttg couldn't decode it.

Phil Tomaskovic
post #827 of 3380 Old 12-14-2010, 07:39 PM

I connected my new TiVo Series-4 to my Sony SDR1 HD TV via HDMI last week. A few days ago I clicked TiVo Central, then Now Playing and it didn't respond for 5 minutes. Then it displayed the Now Playing list and was OK. Does that sound like an HDMI problem?

Can I connect it via HDMI and also component to different TV inputs?
Or just do component?

Thanks, cb
post #828 of 3380 Old 12-14-2010, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by abredt View Post

I connected my new TiVo Series-4 to my Sony SDR1 HD TV via HDMI last week. A few days ago I clicked TiVo Central, then Now Playing and it didn't respond for 5 minutes. Then it displayed the Now Playing list and was OK. Does that sound like an HDMI problem?

no, it sounds like an HD interface problem. Some people report hanging and freezing using the HD interface. If it happens again, consider switching to the SD interface.
post #829 of 3380 Old 12-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I think it was in transport stream mode. I downloaded with kmttg and then it worked. Although I'm confused that I copied it from the Premiere to an HD and then from the HD and it was still bad. Would TS mode affecte how the file got to the HD? nd thwn from the HD to the PC it was still bad? Note I could play the tivo file on the PC with WMP, just that kmttg couldn't decode it.

Any transfer between two TiVo's shouldn't affect it, it's only what format the PC downloads it in. Maybe the new software on the HD allows TS downloads and if set in kmttg it uses it. I just setup kmttg to download in transport stream format and am grabbing a recording from my HD. Willl post back later (bed time here) if it actually did.
post #830 of 3380 Old 12-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Any transfer between two TiVo's shouldn't affect it, it's only what format the PC downloads it in. Maybe the new software on the HD allows TS downloads and if set in kmttg it uses it. I just setup kmttg to download in transport stream format and am grabbing a recording from my HD. Willl post back later (bed time here) if it actually did.

Something is definitely different about the file downloaded as a transport stream vs. a program stream from my HD. The file sizes are the same (to the byte) and on my one test tivodecode [v0.3pre4] was able to decode both the transport and program stream downloads of the same recording, but it took much longer (twice as long) to decode the transport stream download, MediaInfo hung trying to open the transport stream download and VideoRedo H264 took much longer trying to open the transport stream download. I would definitely avoid downloading in the transport stream format from a Series 3 or 4 for now.

P.S. Windows Media Player was able to play it, but I still have the Directshow filters from a previous install of TiVo Desktop.
post #831 of 3380 Old 12-31-2010, 05:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Looks like TiVo has extended the reduced pricing/service commitment for another month. Anyone heard anything about how the promotion went over? I picked up a Premiere (with Lifetime) during the promotion so they got me back.
post #832 of 3380 Old 01-04-2011, 11:43 AM

I have a tivo HD and a tivo premiere. I would like to pause live tv on one tivo and resume playing on the second? The cable company has been advertising this feature with their new dvr's. I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to do. Is there any way to do this currently? if not, will tivo add this ability?
post #833 of 3380 Old 01-04-2011, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 17
no, you can't do that. And i'm skeptical that U-verse actually does exactly what they're advertising. To do that, all TVs would have to be turned to the same tuner and all pause at once. I am assuming what actually happens is you can start transferring from the point you left off in the other room, which is what Tivo does currently as well.
post #834 of 3380 Old 01-04-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post

no, you can't do that. And i'm skeptical that U-verse actually does exactly what they're advertising. To do that, all TVs would have to be turned to the same tuner and all pause at once. I am assuming what actually happens is you can start transferring from the point you left off in the other room, which is what Tivo does currently as well.

but tivo only allows you to do this with a completed recording, correct? I would like to do this with live tv.
post #835 of 3380 Old 01-04-2011, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgers8177 View Post

but tivo only allows you to do this with a completed recording, correct? I would like to do this with live tv.

correct, only with a completed program. Tivo does not have the functionality you desire. I would check with the cable company you're referencing and see if theirs is truly what you are asking for.
post #836 of 3380 Old 01-05-2011, 11:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post

correct, only with a completed program.

And isn't it true that TiVo can't even do that if the content has been copy-protected? TiVo doesn't stream from one location to the other but transfers the recording; cable companies won't allow that if the content is copy-protected.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #837 of 3380 Old 01-05-2011, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post

And isn't it true that TiVo can't even do that if the content has been copy-protected? TiVo doesn't stream from one location to the other but transfers the recording; cable companies won't allow that if the content is copy-protected.

correct. However on Comcast at least, that's only the pay movie channels (HBO, Showtime, Encore, etc)
post #838 of 3380 Old 01-06-2011, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Curious... does the "stop recording and delete now" option work for anyone? I think it worked the first few times I tried it but now it just seems to hang. I have to do "stop recording" separately and then "delete now" in 2 steps. Not a big deal, but just wondering if this is a bug that has come up recently?

Phil Tomaskovic
post #839 of 3380 Old 01-06-2011, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Quote:

Curious... does the "stop recording and delete now" option work for anyone? I think it worked the first few times I tried it but now it just seems to hang. I have to do "stop recording" separately and then "delete now" in 2 steps. Not a big deal, but just wondering if this is a bug that has come up recently?

Never been a problem with me, and I've used it a lot. My SP for Amazing Race had an extra 2 1/2 hours on the end in case CBS football ran over, so I almost always watched and deleted that show while it was still recording.
post #840 of 3380 Old 01-06-2011, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

it hangs or doesn't work for me often.
Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page