SA/Cisco 8*** series DVR's Tips and tricks using Cox's Passport Echo software - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 597 Old 12-11-2010, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would love to be able to build on but no time to do so and no knowledge in which to accomplish the task. I'll just have to wait as I am not a fan of the 8300.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 597 Old 12-11-2010, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_CoxPHX View Post

Or you could stop by a Cox Store and see if they have a 8300HD, It will be a bit slower than the 8240HDC, the 8300HD has less RAM and is no longer manufactured so it will be a rebuilt unit dating back at least to 2007.

As a user of both of these devices I can tell you that I have never seen a single performance difference.

TiVo Elite, TiVo 4, Four TiVo Minis, TiVo Stream, Roku 3, Google Chromecast, Cox Cable, Sonos
post #363 of 597 Old 12-11-2010, 12:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpcgeek View Post

As a user of both of these devices I can tell you that I have never seen a single performance difference.

I'd actually heard reports of the reverse, that the 8240HDC seemed slower. The spec sheets (8240HDC and 8300HDC) say that the memory and processors are identical (there's actually less memory overall in the 8240, since there's no video encoder RAM, given that there's no analog-to-digital video encoder ).

The 8240 is just the 8300 with some analog video tuning and processing hardware ripped out.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #364 of 597 Old 12-11-2010, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

I'd actually heard reports of the reverse, that the 8240HDC seemed slower. The spec sheets (8240HDC and 8300HDC) say that the memory and processors are identical (there's actually less memory overall in the 8240, since there's no video encoder RAM, given that there's no analog-to-digital video encoder ).

The 8240 is just the 8300 with some analog video tuning and processing hardware ripped out.

Video Encoders are only needed for Analog.
Encoders Dual Video (from Analog), Audio BTSC for TV Cable (RF) Output. Allows two Analog SD programs to be recorded and displayed simultaneously.

I was not comparing a 8300HDC to a 8240HDC, AFAIK Cox AZ does not have the 8300HDC in their inventory, it was never listed in the passport conversion schedule, and if they did would most likely suffer the same eSATA expander issue.

I am comparing the two models CoxAZ has 8300HD and 8240HDC.
8300HD (analog/digital, AUX input, pre-2007, no CableCard) vs. 8240HDC (digital only, w/ CableCard, still in production)

Same processing power but more than twice the memory.

SA8300HD >> http://www.llvcommunications.com/doc...ficAtlanta.pdf
Two 250 MHz 32-bit RISC Processors (500 MIPs total)
Flash: 512KB
AppDRAM: 64MB, Optional 128MB
Media DRAM: 32MB
MPEG encoding: 16MB
NVM: 8KB

SA8240HDC >> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/coll...cd806c692c.pdf
Two 250 MHz 32-bit RISC Processors (500 MIPs total)
Flash: 2MB
AppDRAM: 64MB, Optional 128MB
Video Encoder: N/A
Video Graphics: 32MB
NVM: 16KB

TiVo Roamio Pro, Premiere XL4, Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, TiVo Mini
Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
post #365 of 597 Old 12-11-2010, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monesq View Post

I would love to be able to build on but no time to do so and no knowledge in which to accomplish the task. I'll just have to wait as I am not a fan of the 8300.

There is really no knowledge needed: just purchase the parts and plug the parts together. Advantage - 5 year warranty vs 1-3 years, much larger cache, dual processors, faster R/W access, overall more robust Hard Drive)
Here is a PDF Parts List Set-Up with No-Enclosure.

Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
post #366 of 597 Old 12-11-2010, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:

Same processing power but more than twice the memory.

And that doesn't really mean much today, especially given eSata works on the 8300.

FWIW, I user-tested the 8240 for Cox before they made the decision to buy them instead of more 8300s. That was right at the time when they had to opt for the HDC model. Took about 9 months, but the 8240 literally blew up in smoke one day and the 6-7 yr old 8300 is still going strong. I hated to lose the 8240 though because I had everything Cox offered with it at no extra charge.

Cheers, Dave
post #367 of 597 Old 12-11-2010, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post

And that doesn't really mean much today, especially given eSata works on the 8300.

Yes, currently you are absolutely correct, If Cox does not implement a resolution then the 8300HD will be the only DVR in PHX that will format a new Ext. HDD, Just as is the case for TWC customers, and TWC never did fix the problem. But since the 8300HD is no longer manufactured for the US market they will become a rare commodity. As I doubt there are still any new ones lying around from 2007, they will all be re-built units.

But, fingers crossed, I do hope for a resolution.

post #368 of 597 Old 12-11-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:

There is really no knowledge needed: just purchase the parts and plug the parts together. Advantage - 5 year warranty vs 1-3 years, much larger cache, dual processors, faster R/W access, overall more robust Hard Drive)
Here is a PDF Parts List Set-Up with No-Enclosure.

Is this a SATA to an eStata connection? If so, does this not slow things down or am I not understanding this? Why would this set-up work and not a simply expander from WD?
post #369 of 597 Old 12-11-2010, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is this a SATA to an eStata connection? If so, does this not slow things down or am I not understanding this? Why would this set-up work and not a simply expander from WD?

I am not saying a pre-built DVR Expander will not work. But many have reported annoying glitches in their recordings. Also the term or statement that a pre-built is a "Certified Compatible" DVR Expander or Extender is pure marketing B.S.
I am saying the HDD in the pre-built cannot meet the performance of the WD Caviar Black series.

eSATA (e=external) is just a type of SATA port commonly used on computers, enclosures and DVRs.

Yes, my set-up uses an eSATA (DVR end) to SATA (HDD end) cable, commonly referred to as an I-L cable, (denoting the shape of the connector). No, it does not slow data transfer down. Data transfer is actually limited by the DVR architecture itself, If I remember correctly the rate is around 100-150Mbps.

The advantages to my set-up include, (and some others will disagree)
  • Not having an enclosure means there is not an SATA to eSATA chipset between the DVR and the Ext HDD. The advantage here means there is no conversion/processing of the data communication, and less chance of a R/W error. Chipsets with Dual Interfaces (eSATA and USB 2.0) tend to sometimes be problematic.
  • 5 year warranty on the HDD (WD Caviar Black series) vs. 1-3 years on pre-built.
  • Dual Processors and Dual Actuators on the HDD
  • WD Caviar Blacks come in either 32MB or 64MB Cache, where most Pre-builts have only 8MB Cache.
  • Cost is roughly the same for both My set-up for all the parts is approx $130.00.

Approximate Pricing List for 1TB:
    HDD WD1001FALS or WD1002FAEX ~ $90.00
    SATA to eSATA cable. (I-L) ~ $7.00
    110v AC to 12v DC 4pin Molex Power Supply ~ $15.00
    Molex to SATA Power Adapter ~ $5.00
    Vantec HDC-502A HDD Cooler ~ $8.00
    SIIG CE-PR0112-S1 Hard Disk Protector Sleeve ~ $8.00

Update: I was just browsing the Rodgers Cable Canada Forums and everyone there is also using the 1TB WD Caviar Blacks both as Ext HDDs and for replacing their Internal HDD to upgrade their DVR capacity. (in Canada you can purchase your DVR)
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61

I already knew most everyone here at AVS Forums, who build their own, uses 1TB WD Caviar Blacks for thier Ext HDDs.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...16559&page=286

post #370 of 597 Old 12-12-2010, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

But, fingers crossed, I do hope for a resolution.

I could be wrong, but there was never much sympathy from TWC for those having problems with just about anything and Cox is now dealing with Rovi, hopefully a different company willing to step up. Unless it's a hardware problem that simply can't be fixed through software, I see no reason they won't come up with a solution. I also got the idea from reading that it did work before the latest update, is that not the case? I know many things broke with SARA from one version to the next, especially those that were specifically tailored to cableco's, like Cablevision.

Cheers, Dave
post #371 of 597 Old 12-12-2010, 10:07 AM

This is where I am confused. It was my impression that with the 8240HDC the ability to use an expander is not functioning. Apparently it will function if I use the set up you suggest and not one of the pre-built DVR expanders. Is this a correct statement? If so, why will one work and not the other? Does this have to do with Chipsets with Dual Interfaces?
post #372 of 597 Old 12-12-2010, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
This is where I am confused. It was my impression that with the 8240HDC the ability to use an expander is not functioning. Apparently it will function if I use the set up you suggest and not one of the pre-built DVR expanders. Is this a correct statement? If so, why will one work and not the other? Does this have to do with Chipsets with Dual Interfaces?
The 8240HDC in PHX as of today will not recognize and format a new Ext. HDD.

So at this point forget about adding one. or get a 8300HD. or just wait and see if Cox resolves it.

Keep checking back, if/when Cox resolves the issue, then you can chose either a pre-built DVR Expander or take my advise and build your own.

My set-up is still working on my SA8240HDC, but only because the HDD got formatted prior to the new IPG being released.

post #373 of 597 Old 12-12-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Unless it's a hardware problem that simply can't be fixed through software, I see no reason they won't come up with a solution.
My eSATA external drive worked with my 8240HDC with SARA. When they upgraded to Rovi Passport, I ended up with a new box, and the external drive is no longer recognized. From this, I conclude the 8240HDC supports eSATA external drives and that the issue has to be software related.
post #374 of 597 Old 12-12-2010, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CottyGee View Post
My eSATA external drive worked with my 8240HDC with SARA. When they upgraded to Rovi Passport, I ended up with a new box, and the external drive is no longer recognized. From this, I conclude the 8240HDC supports eSATA external drives and that the issue has to be software related.
I agree it must be software related since my Ext. HDD still works. and If I connect a New HDD the DVR does freeze-up and seem to see the new connection but then recovers and is only using the internal HDD.

If Cox does not solve the problem and I find myself at some point without an Ext HDD. I will either replace the internal HDD (at my own risk) with a 1TB HDD or switch to DirectTV. Unless the TiVo with Cox VOD is deployed by then, or the Trio MR-DVR is available and looks to be a good option.

post #375 of 597 Old 12-12-2010, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I agree it must be software related since my Ext. HDD still works. and If I connect a New HDD the DVR does freeze-up and seem to see the new connection but then recovers and is only using the internal HDD.

If Cox does not solve the problem and I find myself at some point without an Ext HDD. I will either replace the internal HDD (at my own risk) with a 1TB HDD or switch to DirectTV. Unless the TiVo with Cox VOD is deployed by then, or the Trio MR-DVR is available and looks to be a good option.
Bryan, may I ask why you don't switch to DirecTV. Have you run the numbers and it's more expensive? If the Cox MR doesn't look appealing, I'm thinking of a Media Center PC with just OTA. I think between that and NetFlix we can find plenty to watch and save the $80-$90 cable costs us.

Cheers, Dave
post #376 of 597 Old 12-12-2010, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Bryan, may I ask why you don't switch to DirecTV. Have you run the numbers and it's more expensive? If the Cox MR doesn't look appealing, I'm thinking of a Media Center PC with just OTA. I think between that and NetFlix we can find plenty to watch and save the $80-$90 cable costs us.
Yes, I have run the numbers and with DirectTV, I could get most of what I have and want, plus a few Cox doesn't have, plus every Premium Channel HBO, SHO, Starz and Cinemax for a bit less than I am paying now, for the first year, the second year I would need to drop Starz and Cinemax to stay even.

I have been seriously looking into DirectTV a few reasons why I haven't switched yet are:
  • No BBC America HD (one of my top 5 networks)
  • No OnDemand for ABCHD, FoxHD, NBCHD, and several other OnDemand offerings. (Cox seems to have a much better offering)
  • Waiting to see if Cox Trio or TiVo will have all HBOs and SHOs in HD, DirectTV currently only has 4 HBOs in HD.
Should DirectTV improve their OnDemand and add BBCA HD, I think I'm done with Cox for TV.

I recently signed up for Netflix and was only really interested in streaming content. I was very disappointed with the selection and video quality, when I compared it to a 720p or 1080p video off YouTube.

post #377 of 597 Old 12-12-2010, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Dave if your considering going with OTA you might want to look at the Channel Master CM-7000PAL HD DVR.
http://www.amazon.com/Channel-Master...2203513&sr=8-1

post #378 of 597 Old 12-13-2010, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Dave if your considering going with OTA you might want to look at the Channel Master CM-7000PAL HD DVR.
http://www.amazon.com/Channel-Master...2203513&sr=8-1

Thanks, that's very interesting. Even I don't get one, I might get one for my mother-in-law, but that's what I am looking for.

Cheers, Dave
post #379 of 597 Old 12-13-2010, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:

Fair assumption, but the eSATA compatibility that is spelled out in the 8300/8300HD and 8240/8240HD specifications is not mentioned in the 8300C/8300HDC and 8240C or 8240HDC specifications. They all have the eSATA connector on the rear panel, but that's it.
post #380 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Matt @ Cox also posted a reply to my thread at DSLR Forums:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r251...w-External-HDD
Quote:

Thank you everyone for the information and tickets. We do not need any more ticket requests at this time for this issue as we know now it's a confirmed known issue and are working on a possible solution. I will keep everyone posted as to any updates.

Thanks for providing the information and patience with this and have a great weekend!

-Matt @ Cox Communications Arizona

Perhaps they do not need any more support tickets, but if they haven't heard from YOU, then they aren't aware you have an issue and you should submit one anyway. Don't rely on others to speak up for you.

I called Cox today and spoke with a CSR that seemed very knowledgeable. She was unaware that the 8240HDC had an issue with an Ext. HDD and said I was her very first caller to complain.

Hopefully more customers will call Cox and complain. Please do if you have not.

Are any other Cox Markets affected?

post #381 of 597 Old 12-17-2010, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

I called Cox today and spoke with a CSR that seemed very knowledgeable. She was unaware that the 8240HDC had an issue with an Ext. HDD and said I was her very first caller to complain.

Since this problem only happens when adding a new hard drive to the 8240HDC I'm not surprised they haven't received many calls. My 640GB hard drive that was attached before the upgrade is still chugging along fine.

However with the holiday upon us they might get more calls, add on hard drives make great Christmas gifts. In fact a co-worker is getting one for his parents. I warned him that they better have an 8300.

TiVo Elite, TiVo 4, Four TiVo Minis, TiVo Stream, Roku 3, Google Chromecast, Cox Cable, Sonos
post #382 of 597 Old 12-17-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:

Are any other Cox Markets affected?

Hi Bryan, yes apparently other markets are affected. Im using Cox cable here in Las Vegas and I have the exact problem you have described with the SA 8240HDC. Last week, my 8300HD (with an external esata drive connected to it) blew up after 4 years of use and the dvr needed to be replaced. Well I was given the 8240HDC and as soon as it was powered on, the ext drive that had been working perfectly with the old 8300hd dvr refused to be recognized. I tried everything I could but it would not format the drive. I got a second 8240HDC and that one did the exact same thing--doesnt work with the ext drive.
post #383 of 597 Old 12-17-2010, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp777 View Post

Hi Bryan, yes apparently other markets are affected. Im using Cox cable here in Las Vegas and I have the exact problem you have described with the SA 8240HDC. Last week, my 8300HD (with an external esata drive connected to it) blew up after 4 years of use and the dvr needed to be replaced. Well I was given the 8240HDC and as soon as it was powered on, the ext drive that had been working perfectly with the old 8300hd dvr refused to be recognized. I tried everything I could but it would not format the drive. I got a second 8240HDC and that one did the exact same thing--doesnt work with the ext drive.

I hadn't seen any complaints posted from Las Vegas prior to yours, so perhaps you are one of the first affected in your market.

The following post from AVS member vegggas posted on 12/04/10 in the Las Vegas thread, might indicate that Cox LV has now been updated to the same versions as Phoenix is running.
• Version: Passport Echo 3.1.085 - Sep 13 2010
with
• OS Version: PowerTV 6.20.75.103sp - Jun 2 2010

The Passport Version 3.1.086 with PowerTV 6.20.75.103sp was reported by a customer in PA with Blue Ridge Cable now having the same issue with a 8300HDC (the CableCard version of the 8300HD)

If you do not have a working external on a 8240HDC, I would get an 8300HD now, before too many people become aware of the issue, you can always trade back if/when Cox and Rovi Corp resolve the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegggas View Post

I also heard that Las Vegas has been rolling out Rovi updates on a consistent basis to each series of STB's where each night, a different type of STB gets an update. As a reminder, you should turn off your STB's overnight so that they will get the update to correct many of the reported problems.

vegggas

post #384 of 597 Old 12-17-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
I hadn't seen any complaints posted from Las Vegas prior to yours, so perhaps you are one of the first affected in your market.

The following post from AVS member vegggas posted on 12/04/10 in the Las Vegas thread, might indicate that Cox LV has now been updated to the same versions as Phoenix is running.
Version: Passport Echo 3.1.085 - Sep 13 2010
with
OS Version: PowerTV 6.20.75.103sp - Jun 2 2010

The Passport Version 3.1.086 with PowerTV 6.20.75.103sp was reported by a customer in PA with Blue Ridge Cable now having the same issue with a 8300HDC (the CableCard version of the 8300HD)

Yes I can confirm that as of today, my SA 8240HDC here in Cox LV is running the exact Passport Echo and OS versions and dates you outlined above. Again, it refuses to work with an external drive and refuses to give me the 'format drive' message that the old 8300hd would give upon connecting a new drive to it. Btw, it also does the same thing you reported in another thread, which is it pauses for about 5-10 seconds when you connect the ext drive to it, then does nothing else in terms of allowing the ext drive to be used. Looks like we are all in the same boat with these ext drive issues and these dvrs.
post #385 of 597 Old 12-18-2010, 04:08 PM

Just hooked up the SA8300HD that was in the other room, and the DVR immediately recognized the eSATA drive and asked for a format. Formatted it, and now I show 828GB of space! Whoo!

Now, if Cox/Rovi can just get the 8240HDCs working correctly...
post #386 of 597 Old 12-18-2010, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just hooked up the SA8300HD that was in the other room, and the DVR immediately recognized the eSATA drive and asked for a format. Formatted it, and now I show 828GB of space! Whoo!

Now, if Cox/Rovi can just get the 8240HDCs working correctly...

Do some stress testing record 2 HD channels while watching a 3rd recording.
Use trick/play pausing/rewinding and watching 1 recording time shifted and report back.

post #387 of 597 Old 12-18-2010, 09:44 PM

Okay, so I had a working SA8300HD with my WD My DVR Expander 1TB working, but the 8300 started getting horrible tiling and audio interference at times. This started before the Passport "upgrade" in Phoenix. The Cox Tech said it was the 8300 box, so I went down to Cox and got a new one--the 8240HDC. Couldn't get the DVR Expander to work despite multiple attempts, so I came here looking for answers (had to do the same awhile back when I had trouble with my TV and when I first started searching for external storage for my 8300.

I read through all the threads here and followed the advice above--went to Cox this morning and got a new 8300 HD box. The box works just fine, but unfortunately it still isn't recognizing the extra space on the Expander or offering to format it. It occurred to me to try unplugging the Expander while the 8300 box was on, just to see what would happen. When I did that, I got a message on the 8300 that the external storage device had been disconnected, and instructing me to reconnect and re-start the DVR. I thought "how wonderful! It sees it!" Sadly, after re-setting I'm in the same boat. 90 minutes of HD recording is taking up about 8% of the DVR's available space. No extra space showing up from the Expander.

When I first called Cox to report the problem (before figuring out the 8240 just won't recognize an external storage device with the new Passport Echo installed), the tech suggested I buy a USB-to-SATA cable to connect the Expander to my computer and format it as though I were going to use with my computer, then plug it back into the DVR.

I'm curious whether anyone has tried this or has any other suggestions to get the DVR to format the Expander. Thanks in advance.

In case the signature I just created doesn't show up, here are the details of my equipment:

SA 8300HD PASSPORT Echo 3.1.085, OS Power TV 6.14.98.1sp
WD My DVR Expander 1TB (WDG1S10000VN)

post #388 of 597 Old 12-19-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoxphx View Post

Okay, so I had a working SA8300HD with my WD My DVR Expander 1TB working, but the 8300 started getting horrible tiling and audio interference at times. This started before the Passport "upgrade" in Phoenix. The Cox Tech said it was the 8300 box, so I went down to Cox and got a new one--the 8240HDC. Couldn't get the DVR Expander to work despite multiple attempts, so I came here looking for answers (had to do the same awhile back when I had trouble with my TV and when I first started searching for external storage for my 8300.

I read through all the threads here and followed the advice above--went to Cox this morning and got a new 8300 HD box. The box works just fine, but unfortunately it still isn't recognizing the extra space on the Expander or offering to format it. It occurred to me to try unplugging the Expander while the 8300 box was on, just to see what would happen. When I did that, I got a message on the 8300 that the external storage device had been disconnected, and instructing me to reconnect and re-start the DVR. I thought "how wonderful! It sees it!" Sadly, after re-setting I'm in the same boat. 90 minutes of HD recording is taking up about 8% of the DVR's available space. No extra space showing up from the Expander.

When I first called Cox to report the problem (before figuring out the 8240 just won't recognize an external storage device with the new Passport Echo installed), the tech suggested I buy a USB-to-SATA cable to connect the Expander to my computer and format it as though I were going to use with my computer, then plug it back into the DVR.

I'm curious whether anyone has tried this or has any other suggestions to get the DVR to format the Expander. Thanks in advance.

In case the signature I just created doesn't show up, here are the details of my equipment:

My 8300HD worked great with an ext drive hooked up to it for a number of years. Then I started getting the bad tiling/pixelated video problem you describe on and off about once or twice a week for hours at a time...luckily it was doing it when the Cox tech arrived at my house. As soon as he swapped out the 8300HD for the 8240HDC, the problems disappeared. So my 8300HD had definitely gone bad.

As you can read in this thread, I havent been able to get the 8240HDC to recognize my ext drive at all. I did format the ext drive using my pc--you go into Disk Mgmt, then initialize the drive, then perform a quick format. The drive worked perfectly and was recognized by my pc. However, it did nothing to resolve the issue of my ext drive not being recognized by the 8240HDC. Based on what Ive read, these problems may be software related when it comes to the 8240HDC. Since you have an 8300HD, you might want to try formatting the drive with your pc and see if that fixes the problem.
post #389 of 597 Old 12-19-2010, 10:10 AM

Thanks, jcp. Quick question. what cable did you use, and where did you get it?

Thanks again.

post #390 of 597 Old 12-19-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoxphx View Post

Thanks, jcp. Quick question. what cable did you use, and where did you get it?

Thanks again.

The usb cable came with my external drive...I used the usb interface of my external drive to hook up to my pc. It's a very common cable used for printers, scanners, and external drives (you might want to check to see if you are using it with any of these devices that you own already). It's a USB A Male to B Male cable. You can google it to see what it looks like. You can pick it up anywhere they sell cables.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page