Guys I have 3 Direct HHR23 receivers, my dish has 5 LNBS and has the SWM feature as I only have 1 line going from the dish to my switch.
I would like to buy an OTA, from some googling it seems as though most people recommend the Channel Master 4221 or the 4228 (I think this one is larger).
1. Is the Channel Master 4221 or 4228 compatible with my Directv HR23? If not, what should I be using?
2. What about this AM21 thingy, do I require this and is it used in Conjuction with the Channel Master 4221 or 4228? is there anything else I need to buy? Amplifiers, etc?
2. Will I now need a new line from the OTA to my SWM Switch? I'm hoping the OTA just connects to the dish and no other hardware install is needed.
3. How will I then see OTA channels from my HR23 receiver, will it be picked up in the guide and can I record these channels using my HR23?
4. I am actually in Montreal (Pincourt, right near Montreal), so I would be doing this for local channels offered in my area and hopefully across the border too. My drivign Factor to do this is all the Hockey Playoff games I missed since the games are often blacked out on Directv, I just want to be abel to turn to CBC to watch a game when it is on.