DirecTV HD DVR - HR2*/ HR34 Master Topic: one thread for all - Page 71 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #2101 of 2111 Old 08-23-2014, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Yes, the HR44-500 is blazingly fast, and that speed is there with the new remote as well as the old remote - I'm actually using a Harmony 880 and there's no difference between it and the DIRECTV remotes. I was really startled with how fast it was after using sluggish DVRs from DIRECTV for so many years including the well regarded HR20-700.
Same here. Harmony One is just as quick.
Keenan likes this.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 2111 Old 08-24-2014, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
Same here. Harmony One is just as quick.
Thanks, for the comments. I think I will go ahead and get an HR44. I'm not into football and I wouldn't watch most of showtime, I already watch too much TV. I assume that I will have another 2 year contract. I have a question though. I have 2 coax coming from my dish to my HR24. I understand that I will only need one for the HR 44. Will I need a different dish, or how does that work? I think I read that there is a swm box that needs power? I assume that would be at the receiver.
thanks

drkashner
post #2103 of 2111 Old 08-24-2014, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkashner View Post
Thanks, for the comments. I think I will go ahead and get an HR44. I'm not into football and I wouldn't watch most of showtime, I already watch too much TV. I assume that I will have another 2 year contract. I have a question though. I have 2 coax coming from my dish to my HR24. I understand that I will only need one for the HR 44. Will I need a different dish, or how does that work? I think I read that there is a swm box that needs power? I assume that would be at the receiver.
thanks
It depends on your dish set up/cable runs. On mine they were able to keep the old dish.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #2104 of 2111 Old Yesterday, 06:22 AM

So I got my HR44 through the loyalty program, friday a week ago. I found a disadvantage from my HR20. Apparently the HR44 doesn't record when it is not turned on. When I'm at home, I would always turn on my local news at noon. If I was out doing something, and didn't come in the house right at noon, I was always able to rewind it to the beginning because I always left the dvr on the local channel. I tried that and it will only go back to the point where I turned the dvr on. Also, whats with the fast forward. I always fast forward through commercials and it would back up to compensate for not stopping exactly at the point where the commercial ended but it doesn't seem to do that. I never got used to using the 30 second skip that most people like. I've been trying that but that doesn't always work out either.

drkashner
post #2105 of 2111 Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Do you mean turn it off, or put it in standby?

It does record when in standby, although there's really never any reason to put it in standby to begin with. My HR44 has been running 24/7 for nearly 2 years.

It does have autocorrect when ffing, but it's not as much as the HR2X's, IIRC.

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

post #2106 of 2111 Old Yesterday, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have 2 HR24-100 receivers and when I watch or download a movie on OnDemand I get audio drop outs. It happens every few seconds and on both receivers. I hadn't used OnDemand for a long time and just started using it the past month and noticed the problem.

I called DirecTV and they don't know what would be causing it. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
post #2107 of 2111 Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnerbum View Post
I have 2 HR24-100 receivers and when I watch or download a movie on OnDemand I get audio drop outs. It happens every few seconds and on both receivers. I hadn't used OnDemand for a long time and just started using it the past month and noticed the problem.

I called DirecTV and they don't know what would be causing it. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Are you waiting until they have finished downloading to watch them? Do you run the audio straight to the TV or through an AVR?

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #2108 of 2111 Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post
Are you waiting until they have finished downloading to watch them? Do you run the audio straight to the TV or through an AVR?
I usually wait until they have downloaded. It happens while streaming and playing from a downloaded movie. I have the audio going straight through to my TVs with HDMI. Both receivers do it on different TVs. It happens when playing though component connections too.
post #2109 of 2111 Old Today, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu View Post
Do you mean turn it off, or put it in standby?

It does record when in standby, although there's really never any reason to put it in standby to begin with. My HR44 has been running 24/7 for nearly 2 years.

It does have autocorrect when ffing, but it's not as much as the HR2X's, IIRC.
So you just leave it 'on'. Do you let it go to power saving mode then. Last night I tested this. I had a channel on for awhile and I could rewind it. The remote turns my tv and dvr off, so I turned them off. Waited a min. and turned them both back on. and I was not able to rewind back. The progress bar at the bottom starts new, from when I turned it back on. My HR 24 wouldn't have done that. It would have left me rewind the whole 90 min. if it had been on the same channel.

drkashner
post #2110 of 2111 Old Today, 05:13 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
You're already entitled to a free upgrade as it is. I've only been w/ them 12yrs, and they upgraded me to the Genie for free(so don't waste it on that). Go for one of the other 2 options. Btw, thrilled to death w the Genie's speedy remote response and performance.
The Genie upgrade is a normal perk-take the football or the Showtime- WTF! I've been with them since like the start- and they have yet to offer me this! Bought my 1st set up -assembled it, installed it , and the days of two providers, USSB and DTV.
My cuz shelled out $700.00 for it, I went $300.00 for a wally world sale.
Then had to buy my 1st HD receiver I still own, hmmm, I'm throwing this up to them. It ought to be the same for all original customers!!
post #2111 of 2111 Old Today, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by quad4.0 View Post
The Genie upgrade is a normal perk-take the football or the Showtime- WTF! I've been with them since like the start- and they have yet to offer me this! Bought my 1st set up -assembled it, installed it , and the days of two providers, USSB and DTV.
My cuz shelled out $700.00 for it, I went $300.00 for a wally world sale.
Then had to buy my 1st HD receiver I still own, hmmm, I'm throwing this up to them. It ought to be the same for all original customers!!
They offer quite a bit if you are not under contract. Anytime they give you "free" equipment, you are agreeing to another 2-yr. contract. Also, when you contact Directv you should always repeat "cancel" when progressing through the automated system so that you end up with the retention department. They will have a pre-determined list of things they can offer you based on payment history, current services, length of history with company, etc.

Often, I call to cancel a premium and end up with months of credits without asking....

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page