DirecTV HD DVR - HR2*/ HR34 Master Topic: one thread for all - Page 71 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #2101 of 2103 Old 08-23-2014, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Yes, the HR44-500 is blazingly fast, and that speed is there with the new remote as well as the old remote - I'm actually using a Harmony 880 and there's no difference between it and the DIRECTV remotes. I was really startled with how fast it was after using sluggish DVRs from DIRECTV for so many years including the well regarded HR20-700.
Same here. Harmony One is just as quick.
Keenan likes this.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 2103 Old 08-24-2014, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
Same here. Harmony One is just as quick.
Thanks, for the comments. I think I will go ahead and get an HR44. I'm not into football and I wouldn't watch most of showtime, I already watch too much TV. I assume that I will have another 2 year contract. I have a question though. I have 2 coax coming from my dish to my HR24. I understand that I will only need one for the HR 44. Will I need a different dish, or how does that work? I think I read that there is a swm box that needs power? I assume that would be at the receiver.
thanks

drkashner
post #2103 of 2103 Old 08-24-2014, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkashner View Post
Thanks, for the comments. I think I will go ahead and get an HR44. I'm not into football and I wouldn't watch most of showtime, I already watch too much TV. I assume that I will have another 2 year contract. I have a question though. I have 2 coax coming from my dish to my HR24. I understand that I will only need one for the HR 44. Will I need a different dish, or how does that work? I think I read that there is a swm box that needs power? I assume that would be at the receiver.
thanks
It depends on your dish set up/cable runs. On mine they were able to keep the old dish.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page