DirecTV HD DVR - HR2*/ HR34 Master Topic: one thread for all - Page 72 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #2131 of 2141 Old 10-24-2014, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Does a DTV HR34 work with an external 3TB eSATA?

I'm currently using a 2TB and it's about 80% full (I wish there was a way to archive recordings to a media server, but I KNOW that will never happen...) so I want to prepare for the day when I need to upgrade to a larger drive...

Yes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2132 of 2141 Old 11-01-2014, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I have the HR20-700 receiver, and after moving myold plasma to my master bedroom make room for a new HDVT in my living room, Icould no longer receive the OTA signals. I received the 721...792 error messagemeaning a signal could not be found.

Tried rebooting etcetera until I found that theOff-Air in had been disconnected. So I reconnected and the OTA channels camein, but not for every channel! I can receive every channel accept the ABC andCBS affiliate where I still receive the signal message. I received NBC, FOX,and the other channels; i.e. channel 31 and 58, and also the sub channels. I tired rebooting (pressing button my card), but that had no effect.

Now is that wired or what? In my living room allthe OTA channels come in fine.

Any heard of this problem? Recommendations? Thanks!
post #2133 of 2141 Old 11-09-2014, 04:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Programs recording 90 minutes instead of the hour that they are.
None of my record defaults show add an extra 30 minutes. I've called D* and got their usual highly scientific response - reboot it. Duh. Did they think I really didn't try that.
It doesn't happen universally, but it does happen often on various channels.
I've got the HR44 Genie, fyi.

Baby, remember...It's my life and I'll do what I want!
post #2134 of 2141 Old 11-09-2014, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardballpete View Post
Programs recording 90 minutes instead of the hour that they are.
None of my record defaults show add an extra 30 minutes. I've called D* and got their usual highly scientific response - reboot it. Duh. Did they think I really didn't try that.
It doesn't happen universally, but it does happen often on various channels.
I've got the HR44 Genie, fyi.
Forget the defaults, go and look at each series link and see if there is an extension set. Changing the defaults does NOT change any series links already set up.
post #2135 of 2141 Old 11-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbrit View Post
Forget the defaults, go and look at each series link and see if there is an extension set. Changing the defaults does NOT change any series links already set up.
None of the series have any extension.
And most of the 30 min mystery add ons are not series anyway!

What in the name of Shmekel McPupic is going on here?

Baby, remember...It's my life and I'll do what I want!
post #2136 of 2141 Old 01-11-2015, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HDCP issue maybe

[QUOTE=igreg;28199306]I read where DirecTV has enabled HDCP for premium channels; e.g., HBO. That means you cannot view unless you have an HDCP compliant television unless you use component cables.

I have the HR-34 DVR with HDMI to the Sony XBR950B 4K set. When watching PPV or HBO I see drop outs in the HDMI both video and audio. This does not happen on normal programming. I suspect some HDCP issue here.

Anyone else seeing this!
post #2137 of 2141 Old 01-12-2015, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Changing "Skip-back after FF" on HR44

Hi all!

Using a Harmony One remote I never had issues with FF'ing through commercials - once I hit PLAY the HR44 would skip back a bit (maybe 6 secs?) and I'd be pretty much at the spot I wanted to start watching again - got pretty good at it.

I recently switched to a Harmony 900 with RF so I wouldn't have to worry about where I'm pointing the remote.
Because I'm now using an IR Blaster, there's a slight delay between hitting PLAY on the remote and the Blaster sending the command to the HR44.

Because of this, the default (6 sec?) skip-back isn't quite enough any longer and it's frustrating. I have to hit FF then PLAY then REW then PLAY.

Is there any way to change the "skip-back after FF" to make it go back a bit more? (not talking the "replay" function, I'm talking the FF-then-PLAY skipback)

Thanks much!

-Greg
post #2138 of 2141 Old 01-12-2015, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathWielder View Post
Is there any way to change the "skip-back after FF" to make it go back a bit more? (not talking the "replay" function, I'm talking the FF-then-PLAY skipback)
I don't know of a way to change the amount of skip-back, but the faster you FF, the more you skip-back. I find the 1xFF skip-back to be unusable since it essentially starts playing at whatever frame you're seeing when you press play. 2x is tolerable, but I find 3x to be the sweet spot that doesn't require video game reflexes to skip-back to right before the commerical ended.

However, for best results, I just use the 30-second "chapter skip" option since commercials are usually done in 30 second increments. The box will queue up quite a few and most channels' commerical breaks are 3+ minutes. Unless it's a channel or show that's short cycling, I'll usually quickly press 6x skips and then bump 1-2 at at time as needed to get to the end of the block. Sometimes the box's 30 second increment and program don't exactly line up so I'll use the "chapter back" button to jump back in ~5 second increments to find the start of the segment.

I would try one of the satellite specific forums like dbs{something} or satelliteguys (sorry, can't remember exact name). Like the option to change the 30 second forward from skip to slip, there may be a way to adjust the amount of FF-skipback. My old TWC DVR had a setting for the "aggressiveness" of the FF-skipback, which would do what you're asking for. Maybe the DirecTV box has something similar.

-Brent
post #2139 of 2141 Old 01-12-2015, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Go to DBSTalk.com

Sony HDTV KDL-46HX750, Denon AVR 1912, DirecTV HD DVR Genie HR44, DirecTV AM21 OTA Rcvr, Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BD65, Toshiba HD DVD A20, Infinity Alpha Speakers 50's, 20's, 10's, 37c, Valodyne VRP-1000 Sub, Panamax M4300-PM, Harmony Ultimate One Remote, Monoprice AV Cables
post #2140 of 2141 Old 01-14-2015, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks, Brent, for the info! I may try out the 30SKIP and see how it works, or possibly the 3xFF like you use. Seems like I would have to be pretty fast to hit PLAY, but you said it jumps back a lot more so maybe in the long run it will work out like it has for you

Thanks, 49merc, for confirming the other forum name (DBSTALK) I've posted the question there as well...

-Greg
post #2141 of 2141 Old 01-14-2015, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[quote=JStigler;30726489]
Quote:
Originally Posted by igreg View Post
I read where DirecTV has enabled HDCP for premium channels; e.g., HBO. That means you cannot view unless you have an HDCP compliant television unless you use component cables.

I have the HR-34 DVR with HDMI to the Sony XBR950B 4K set. When watching PPV or HBO I see drop outs in the HDMI both video and audio. This does not happen on normal programming. I suspect some HDCP issue here.

Anyone else seeing this!
I rebooted the HR44-700 and the Sony XBR950B via the power cord. Watched a couple of prerecorded movies and no dropouts.
I use HDMI from the STB straight to the TV. Picky that DHCP and the handshake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page