Channel Master CM-7000PAL HD DVR - AKA Dish DTVPal - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #751 of 764 Old 06-29-2015, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Mr. Smith, do send me your contact info via PM, since i cannot send you a PM until 13 more posts......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 764 Old 07-15-2015, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 268
I did
post #753 of 764 Old 11-27-2015, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does anyone have a service manual or schematic diagram for the main ECB in the CM-700PAL ???
post #754 of 764 Old 11-27-2015, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

It's PCB and I'm not sure these diagrams will help you...
post #755 of 764 Old 12-12-2015, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Capacitor question

Does anyone know the possible function of C34 on the main board of the pal. The top of this cap is bulging and I am seeing the HDMI output is flashing on and off.

I am going to get the replacement cap in and see if it helps the video problem.
post #756 of 764 Old 12-13-2015, 12:15 AM
AVS Special Member

DC voltage conditioning; just replace it without theoretical exercise

I would recommend use ESR meter and check all electrolytic capacitors on both PCB (power and main) - see previous posts here how-to/what-is-that ?/etc

Last edited by P Smith; 03-02-2016 at 03:16 AM.
post #757 of 764 Old 02-20-2016, 07:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 242
I have a DTVPal (CM7000) available.
Complete, good caps, clean. PM if interested.

Free, abundant OTA television separates this country from many others. ATSC1 has only been in force since 2009. The wireless industry has enough spectrum. Enough of 'planned obsolesce'.
post #758 of 764 Old 04-13-2016, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Capture PAL's HDMI output?

Hello all,

My 1TB drive in my PAL is almost full. I'd like to archive the recordings on my NAS (Network Area Storage). Has anyone here used an HDMI capture device (to a Personal Computer) successfully? Is the HDMI output HDCP-protected?

I'm open to suggestions, but would really like a digital transfer. I could feed the S-Video and analog 2-channel audio output to a capture box I already have (WinTV-HVR-1955), but that would be a major step-down in quality.

I'd be ready to purchase a capture box with HDMI input, but would like confirmation that it works from someone with actual experience with it and the PAL.

I tried to search this thread, but not getting any good results.

(Oh, and unless someone made a great discovery I did not hear about, I`m not counting on the ideal solution of a custom program able to read the stream directly from the vendor-specific filesystem, were I to move the hard drive into a PC)

Thanks in advance!

Dan.
post #759 of 764 Old 04-13-2016, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by info_dan View Post
(Oh, and unless someone made a great discovery I did not hear about, I`m not counting on the ideal solution of a custom program able to read the stream directly from the vendor-specific filesystem, were I to move the hard drive into a PC)
Dan, the discovery happened long time ago, when the E*FS been dissected by an author of PVR Explorer Pro, he did post his source at s0urceforge (?) site [working for sat DVRs]; that filesystem is the same as used for TR-50. So the point been discussed here a few times: someone should violated DMCA (a judge did made a decision a few years ago: any program what have access to dish/e* proprietary filesystem is violating DMCA) if he will share the program (in reality just adopting existing one), then expect only one outcome for him - jail time + hefty restitution fee.
post #760 of 764 Old 04-21-2016, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hi all -- This is my first post in this particular forum, though I've been semi-active for many years in the Standard-def DVR and local HDTV fora for the 2 TV markets from which I can receive broadcast stations (Austin + Waco/Temple/Killeen Texas). I've used a CM-7000 Pal as my primary DVR since the digital switchover, and while it has idiosyncracies the performance has generally been okay. However, it's begun to exhibit too many symptoms which (from reading through many of the excellent posts here) strongly indicate both a failing HDD as well as bulging caps (possibly issues with the tuner/demodulator chip as well). I have a good friend with much electronics experience who I'll actually get to do the internal repairs on this unit at some point, but am curious about the HDD options. The 2.5" WD10JUCT + bracket option is what I'm likely to go with, but having just installed a new SSD into my desktop in replacing the failed OEM HDD (then recovering the OS and drive contents from a backup image), I've wondered if that were a potential hardware option for the CM-7000 Pal.

My query to the forum wizards is simple, since I haven't seen it mentioned in any of the previous posts (and absolutely detest the search engine on this site as it's really immune to a narrowed focus and returns hits like a short-barreled shotgun with no choke) -- has anyone successfully installed a SSD into the CM-7000 chassis in lieu of the standard rotating-platter HDD option, and if so, were there particular selection considerations involved, or possibly setup tweaks or settings to the drive in advance that were required prior to the install?

Thanks in advance for any/all responses (even snarky ones, I suppose).
post #761 of 764 Old 04-21-2016, 11:43 PM
AVS Special Member

jhvance, better if you'll post your q in one thread instead of three; perhaps you should delete two of three your same posts ...
post #762 of 764 Old 05-08-2016, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith View Post
jhvance, better if you'll post your q in one thread instead of three; perhaps you should delete two of three your same posts ...
It was mistakenly posted in only one other thread -- which got an honest answer (plus another of your snarks). Begs the question, though -- regardless of how technically competent you may be, could you also be LESS of an asshat? Doubtful...
post #763 of 764 Old 05-08-2016, 06:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
I'd be ready to purchase a capture box with HDMI input, but would like confirmation that it works from someone with actual experience with it and the PAL.
I tried to search this thread, but not getting any good results.
Thanks to Hollywood greed (and that's all it is), it ain't going to happen here.

"Intellectual" property my a$$. There is very little "intellectual" anything out of Hollywood for some time now.
JHBrandt likes this.

Free, abundant OTA television separates this country from many others. ATSC1 has only been in force since 2009. The wireless industry has enough spectrum. Enough of 'planned obsolesce'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders