Channel Master CM-7000PAL HD DVR - AKA Dish DTVPal - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #751 of 800 Old 06-29-2015, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Mr. Smith, do send me your contact info via PM, since i cannot send you a PM until 13 more posts......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 800 Old 07-15-2015, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked: 338
I did
post #753 of 800 Old 11-27-2015, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does anyone have a service manual or schematic diagram for the main ECB in the CM-700PAL ???

post #754 of 800 Old 11-27-2015, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

It's PCB and I'm not sure these diagrams will help you...
post #755 of 800 Old 12-12-2015, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Capacitor question

Does anyone know the possible function of C34 on the main board of the pal. The top of this cap is bulging and I am seeing the HDMI output is flashing on and off.

I am going to get the replacement cap in and see if it helps the video problem.
post #756 of 800 Old 12-13-2015, 12:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

DC voltage conditioning; just replace it without theoretical exercise

I would recommend use ESR meter and check all electrolytic capacitors on both PCB (power and main) - see previous posts here how-to/what-is-that ?/etc

Last edited by P Smith; 03-02-2016 at 03:16 AM.
post #757 of 800 Old 02-20-2016, 07:28 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked: 254
I have a DTVPal (CM7000) available.
Complete, good caps, clean. PM if interested.

Recording free OTA TV for 'time shifting' has been here since 1977. Will there be DVR's to do the same when ATSC3 obsoletes existing DVR's??
post #758 of 800 Old 04-13-2016, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Capture PAL's HDMI output?

Hello all,

My 1TB drive in my PAL is almost full. I'd like to archive the recordings on my NAS (Network Area Storage). Has anyone here used an HDMI capture device (to a Personal Computer) successfully? Is the HDMI output HDCP-protected?

I'm open to suggestions, but would really like a digital transfer. I could feed the S-Video and analog 2-channel audio output to a capture box I already have (WinTV-HVR-1955), but that would be a major step-down in quality.

I'd be ready to purchase a capture box with HDMI input, but would like confirmation that it works from someone with actual experience with it and the PAL.

I tried to search this thread, but not getting any good results.

(Oh, and unless someone made a great discovery I did not hear about, I`m not counting on the ideal solution of a custom program able to read the stream directly from the vendor-specific filesystem, were I to move the hard drive into a PC)

Thanks in advance!

Dan.
post #759 of 800 Old 04-13-2016, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by info_dan View Post
(Oh, and unless someone made a great discovery I did not hear about, I`m not counting on the ideal solution of a custom program able to read the stream directly from the vendor-specific filesystem, were I to move the hard drive into a PC)
Dan, the discovery happened long time ago, when the E*FS been dissected by an author of PVR Explorer Pro, he did post his source at s0urceforge (?) site [working for sat DVRs]; that filesystem is the same as used for TR-50. So the point been discussed here a few times: someone should violated DMCA (a judge did made a decision a few years ago: any program what have access to dish/e* proprietary filesystem is violating DMCA) if he will share the program (in reality just adopting existing one), then expect only one outcome for him - jail time + hefty restitution fee.
post #760 of 800 Old 04-21-2016, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi all -- This is my first post in this particular forum, though I've been semi-active for many years in the Standard-def DVR and local HDTV fora for the 2 TV markets from which I can receive broadcast stations (Austin + Waco/Temple/Killeen Texas). I've used a CM-7000 Pal as my primary DVR since the digital switchover, and while it has idiosyncracies the performance has generally been okay. However, it's begun to exhibit too many symptoms which (from reading through many of the excellent posts here) strongly indicate both a failing HDD as well as bulging caps (possibly issues with the tuner/demodulator chip as well). I have a good friend with much electronics experience who I'll actually get to do the internal repairs on this unit at some point, but am curious about the HDD options. The 2.5" WD10JUCT + bracket option is what I'm likely to go with, but having just installed a new SSD into my desktop in replacing the failed OEM HDD (then recovering the OS and drive contents from a backup image), I've wondered if that were a potential hardware option for the CM-7000 Pal.

My query to the forum wizards is simple, since I haven't seen it mentioned in any of the previous posts (and absolutely detest the search engine on this site as it's really immune to a narrowed focus and returns hits like a short-barreled shotgun with no choke) -- has anyone successfully installed a SSD into the CM-7000 chassis in lieu of the standard rotating-platter HDD option, and if so, were there particular selection considerations involved, or possibly setup tweaks or settings to the drive in advance that were required prior to the install?

Thanks in advance for any/all responses (even snarky ones, I suppose).
post #761 of 800 Old 04-21-2016, 11:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

jhvance, better if you'll post your q in one thread instead of three; perhaps you should delete two of three your same posts ...
post #762 of 800 Old 05-08-2016, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith View Post
jhvance, better if you'll post your q in one thread instead of three; perhaps you should delete two of three your same posts ...
It was mistakenly posted in only one other thread -- which got an honest answer (plus another of your snarks). Begs the question, though -- regardless of how technically competent you may be, could you also be LESS of an asshat? Doubtful...
post #763 of 800 Old 05-08-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
I'd be ready to purchase a capture box with HDMI input, but would like confirmation that it works from someone with actual experience with it and the PAL.
I tried to search this thread, but not getting any good results.
Thanks to Hollywood greed (and that's all it is), it ain't going to happen here.

"Intellectual" property my a$$. There is very little "intellectual" anything out of Hollywood for some time now.
JHBrandt likes this.

Recording free OTA TV for 'time shifting' has been here since 1977. Will there be DVR's to do the same when ATSC3 obsoletes existing DVR's??
post #764 of 800 Old 10-02-2016, 12:13 PM

Liked: 10
I have been using the CM-7000 PAL for several years. It still works flawlessly. The remote just died. i took it apart , cleaned it, replaced batteries. No luck.
MY question is....
What is a compatible replacement remote, or what codes work on a universal remote?
post #765 of 800 Old 10-02-2016, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Search the DTV Pal thread for 20.0 IR or follow this link:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...0+%2Caps%2C190
post #766 of 800 Old 10-02-2016, 07:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1792 Post(s)
Liked: 860
I use a Dish 20.1 IR (infrared) remote and it's just about a perfect replacement. The buttons are laid out almost identically, and if your Pal is set to the default remote address (01) you don't even need to reprogram it - the "Sat" button will operate your CM-7000Pal right OOTB. Programming the 20.1 remote for your TV or other devices is very similar to the original CM-7000Pal remote, and most of the same codes work. The only differences are minor ones:

1. There are a couple of seldom-used buttons on the original remote (one labeled "R" and the other unlabeled) that aren't on the 20.1 remote.
  2. There's an extra set of four colored buttons, a "Dish" button, and a "Search" button on the 20.1 remote that do nothing on the Pal. (As with the original remote, use the # button to search.)
  3. The buttons on the CM-7000Pal remote labeled Analog Pass-Through, CC, Sys Info, and SAP are labeled Input, Swap, PIP, and Position on the 20.1 remote. But they nevertheless perform the Analog Pass-Through, CC, Sys Info, and SAP functions on your Pal.

The 20.1 remote does have some additional functions, including learning, but if you're just looking for a replacement, you need not worry about them.
tjfounder likes this.
post #767 of 800 Old 10-30-2016, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I installed the CM-7000PAL on Thanksgiving Day, 2010, and have had no problem until today.

Earlier today the DVR would continually display the Loading screen with the dashed lines changing from black to red, and then go to the Program Information download page. The green progress bar would slowly advance from left to right, and when it finished the download screen would go to an off-air channel. But the channel would appear for only a few seconds, then the screen would go black. Eventually the Loading screen would appear again, followed by the Download screen, followed by a few seconds of channel - an endless loop.

I unplugged the DVR for several hours to no avail when I plugged it back in. I unscrewed the antenna coax cable as suggested in the above posts. When I powered up the DVR minus the antenna connection, I am now able to access my previous recordings and play them without any problems. But as soon as the antenna connection makes contact with the input on the back of the DVR, the endless loop starts again: an off-air channel appears on the screen for a few seconds, followed by loading and download screens.

For now I have left the antenna disconnected so that I can at least play the programs that have been stored. I did not see this particular issue mentioned in this thread. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
post #768 of 800 Old 10-30-2016, 08:47 PM

My first thought is a ground loop or some outside interference that all of a sudden appeared..
Questions;
1. Is the antenna grounded? Any changes made recently?
2. Does this antenna go anyplace else (TV, tuner, another DVR)? Has reception changed on any of those?
3. Can you access the antenna and disconnect the fitting into the antenna, then re-connect the dead feed back to the DVR ands see what happens.
4. Do you have a 75 ohm terminator you can screw into the RF input? Do so and see if the problem is there. A 75 (or close) resistor between the center and outer threads would probably do also if it can be held there by something other than your fingers.
5. Is the only cable between the DVR and your receiver or TV a HDMI? If you have separate audio cables, disconnect them.
6. Can you connect some other antenna?
7. Lastly, move the DVR to another room, run a jumper cable from your antenna feed to that room, connect it up to a TV and see what happens.

If none of that does anything, then open it up and look at those caps in the PS. Also look at the caps under any compartment shielded covers. I ran across one cap along the inner perimeter of the shielded compartment that was bulged (which really surprised me).

Last edited by videobruce; 10-30-2016 at 09:01 PM.
post #769 of 800 Old 10-31-2016, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHNB View Post
I installed the CM-7000PAL on Thanksgiving Day, 2010, and have had no problem until today.

Earlier today the DVR would continually display the Loading screen with the dashed lines changing from black to red, and then go to the Program Information download page. The green progress bar would slowly advance from left to right, and when it finished the download screen would go to an off-air channel. But the channel would appear for only a few seconds, then the screen would go black. Eventually the Loading screen would appear again, followed by the Download screen, followed by a few seconds of channel - an endless loop.

I unplugged the DVR for several hours to no avail when I plugged it back in. I unscrewed the antenna coax cable as suggested in the above posts. When I powered up the DVR minus the antenna connection, I am now able to access my previous recordings and play them without any problems. But as soon as the antenna connection makes contact with the input on the back of the DVR, the endless loop starts again: an off-air channel appears on the screen for a few seconds, followed by loading and download screens.

For now I have left the antenna disconnected so that I can at least play the programs that have been stored. I did not see this particular issue mentioned in this thread. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Sounds like the reboot loop. See issue #5 here (and remember the CM-7000Pal firmware is identical to the DTVPal F208 firmware except for cosmetic differences): The Official AVS Dish DTVPal DVR Topic!

It appears to be caused by corrupt data in the flash ROM. Recommended course of action is a factory default reset while you have the antenna disconnected. You'll have to reset all your timers and settings, but your recordings will be preserved.
post #770 of 800 Old 11-01-2016, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHNB View Post

Earlier today the DVR would continually display the Loading screen with the dashed lines changing from black to red, and then go to the Program Information download page. The green progress bar would slowly advance from left to right, and when it finished the download screen would go to an off-air channel. But the channel would appear for only a few seconds, then the screen would go black. Eventually the Loading screen would appear again, followed by the Download screen, followed by a few seconds of channel - an endless loop. ...

Mine's been locking up for a couple weeks, playback goes to a blank screen which sometimes it recovers from in a couple seconds (and it's not the recording, I can skip back to see what I missed), other times it locks up, and I lose recordings in progress. Unplugging salvages most of the show, but we didn't dare watch during prime time. The last two days, it blacks out even in live play, and when it started doing that every few seconds, I did a factory default with double scan (first pass with disconnected antenna). That made it instantly worse, I ended up with a 2-second loop alternating between picture and black screen. So I gave up my recorded shows and tried a reformat. No more loop, and in the few recording tests I've done, no glitches or freezes.
post #771 of 800 Old 11-01-2016, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

better get SMART data of your HDD, then shoot in a dark like that
post #772 of 800 Old 11-01-2016, 12:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Agreed - it sounds like TalkingRat's HDD may be failing. If so, symptoms will return once it fills up enough. Since he reformatted it, now would be a good time to check it out and replace/upgrade if necessary.
post #773 of 800 Old 11-01-2016, 03:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Drive was maybe ~80% empty when the freezing started, and it's never been more than half full. I am reluctant to throw money into HDD replacement, as there's so much already broken with the Pal, like the 1:2 recording bug, the loss of TVGOS (and 2 major networks that can't even manage the 12 hour PSIP standard), the messed up long-term timers in 9 of the last 11 time changes, and lately, a manual clock.

I have started to look at replacements, and hope the Pal holds up long enough for the new Magnavox models. I have an old Mag (SD) as backup, I could live with 1 tuner for a little while. Besides the new Mags, I'm considering Tivo Roamio OTA. I'm stuck having to trust Rovi either way, with those choices.
post #774 of 800 Old 11-01-2016, 08:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

To resync your Pal's clock to the PSIP average and stop it from drifting, try two back-to-back reboots. (I have no clue why one reboot isn't enough, but two generally does the trick.)

As for replacing the HDD, it may not be worth the hassle, especially if you're looking for a new DVR, since the DTVPal is tough to disassemble, and anything it records is "locked in," with no way (for us mere mortals, anyhow) to extract the recorded files to a standard file system. So I understand trying to get along with the current HDD until you replace the whole Pal. I just hope it holds out long enough.

I see you're considering one of the upcoming Maggies and a TiVo, but not a DVR+. Is that because the DVR+ only has two tuners?
post #775 of 800 Old 11-02-2016, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks for your replies, JHBrandt. You've convinced me to replace sooner, rather than later.

Imminent replacement makes the clock issue unimportant, but the reason I was manually adjusting after TVGOS stopped was that averaging was off by 10-15 minutes. I had a number of LPs with outrageously neglected clocks, either dead or off by a couple years. Even in terms of hours/minutes, not even close. I never found specifics on the Pal's averaging methodology, but I read they underweighted or excluded clocks that were off. After my reboots two days ago, the clock ended up on averaging, and it was reasonably accurate. I suspect the clock issue may have been resolved long ago, as many LPs appear to be speculative purchases, with no interest in reach.

It would be convenient to have 4 tuners, especially since the appearance of "tuner-free" TVs. I haven't ruled out 2 tuner recorders. It's more that I dismissed the DVR+ based on a long-held negative impression about CM's expertise in recorders. They don't appear to use tech writers for the spec sheets. I'm not technical, but they are not nearly specific enough for me. The spec sheets of the near- free converter boxes had a lot more detail about power usage, tuner models, and EPG facts than what CM provides. CM seemed out of their element with the re-branded Pal, didn't acknowledge existing bugs, had no plans to upgrade.

When the 7400 came out, I read everything CM put on their site. Spec sheets were inadequate, and supplemental descriptions conflicted with the Features pages, and there was no info at all about who provides the guide data, if they had a contractual agreement for duration, and at what cost. When information conflicted, CM wasn't sure which answer was right. Overheating issues with the 7400 made me skeptical of the ultra thin DVR+. And last week when I looked, CM had two different prices listed for the base model. I admit I was quick to rule it out, but I am not comfortable with the amount of information they provide.

Does DVR+ have 1.3x playback with sound? I couldn't find any reference to playback speeds. I use that feature on my Mag and BD.
post #776 of 800 Old 11-02-2016, 12:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingRat View Post
After my reboots two days ago, the clock ended up on averaging, and it was reasonably accurate. I suspect the clock issue may have been resolved long ago, as many LPs appear to be speculative purchases, with no interest in reach.
DFW has a few LPTVs with problematic clocks too. They're especially troublesome for the little Mstar tuners (iView, HomeWorX, etc.) that just set their clocks to whatever channel they're tuned to at the moment

Quote:
It would be convenient to have 4 tuners, especially since the appearance of "tuner-free" TVs. I haven't ruled out 2 tuner recorders. It's more that I dismissed the DVR+ based on a long-held negative impression about CM's expertise in recorders. They don't appear to use tech writers for the spec sheets. I'm not technical, but they are not nearly specific enough for me. The spec sheets of the near- free converter boxes had a lot more detail about power usage, tuner models, and EPG facts than what CM provides. CM seemed out of their element with the re-branded Pal, didn't acknowledge existing bugs, had no plans to upgrade.
CM doesn't really make anything anymore (well, I suppose they still make their own antennas - overseas - but that's about it). Everything else is just rebranded stuff. The DVR+ is a rebranded Echostar HDT-610R that was sold overseas; CM just paid E* to produce a North American model, and that became the DVR+.

The best place to find technical info about it isn't CM's website, it's right here on AVSForum, where you can ask actual users and even find user-written software for it!

Quote:
Does DVR+ have 1.3x playback with sound? I couldn't find any reference to playback speeds. I use that feature on my Mag and BD.
No; my guess is that the Maggies are your best bet for finding that feature. DVR+ playback speeds are all powers of 2, from 1/8x (slo-mo) through 64x (fastest FF speed). Only 1x (normal playback speed) has sound.

Oddly, I think sound is possible even at 2x, but no one seems to implement it - except by mistake! IIRC there was a particular HomeWorX firmware version that would do sound at 2x if you changed the volume while it was fast-forwarding. Unfortunately they "fixed" that in the next version. I've accidentally triggered it on Windows Media Center a few times too, although I never could figure out how to reproduce it reliably.

Last edited by JHBrandt; 11-02-2016 at 12:06 PM.
post #777 of 800 Old 11-02-2016, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
CM doesn't really make anything anymore (well, I suppose they still make their own antennas - overseas - but that's about it). Everything else is just rebranded stuff. The DVR+ is a rebranded Echostar HDT-610R that was sold overseas; CM just paid E* to produce a North American model, and that became the DVR+.
That helps a great deal.

Not sure how long the Tivo price drop will last, so maybe I should go with Tivo, where I get 4 tuners, and a pitch adjusted 1.3x "QuickMode" speed.
post #778 of 800 Old 11-06-2016, 12:15 PM

This is the first time I've posted anything about my Channel Master 7000Pal on your site. I bought mine about 5 years ago, and after a perfectly wonderful, non quirky first year, that is when I began experiencing the many quirks and hair-pulling dilemmas of this wonderfully working but mentally ill (when not on it's meds) OTA DVR. The latest, and perhaps greatest problem started on this last Friday, and continued over the Daylight Saving Time weekend, when the loading screen began going into a perpetual loop of upgrading, then either coming back to the last station I was watching or a black screen, for just 2 minutes then starting the loop continuously again. I also lost the ability to control the remote except for the volume. I tried all the fixes known to man and beast that didn't involve the non-working remote. Nothing worked! AHHHH! The only reason I was willing to 'hang in there', was that a similar situation happened last year at Daylight Saving Time, though not as long. And luckily, I remembered going through it. Just not the pain. A little like a Mom, each time forgetting the agony of childbirth, because she continues to have 4 more children. By about 3AM, little things began coming back on the remote, like the ability to change channels, and the mute button. By 6AM this morning, I was suddenly holding a perfectly working remote. I was so relieved and happy that I kissed my little PAL ( I do believe that if you treat your electronics kindly, that they will somehow treat you kindly in return), and was able to use the MENU button and tweak some issues that may help prevent any further future meltdowns.

Deleting all of the record timers:

Hit MENU and then go up to TIMERS. Delete all of the record timers. Unplug it, reconnect the antenna, and plug it back in.
4. After a now a proper bootup, re-program your timers and you will be good to go.
5. And the best thing is, all of your pre-recorded shows will still be there on the hard drive.
Do a yearly "TIMER CLEAN" to avoid this trouble in the future.

Correcting internal clock error:

By default the internal clock on this DVR gets it's time from the "Guide" system. In April of 2013, somebody somewhere stopped setting the clock that distributed that time signal. As a result, that clock, and the time displayed on the CM-7000PAL, drifted further and further away from reality.

Just setting the clock through the menu system, by itself, does not solve this problem. Before long, the GUIDE time will undo your setting of the clock and the clock will be wrong again.

1. Press "menu" on the remote
2. Select "Preferences" on the menu that pops up
3. Select "Guide Display"
4. Push the left arrow (left of the SELECT button) on your remote to blacken the options box under the red TV Guide logo. It probably says "enabled." Change it (with the up or down channel button on the remote) to say "Disabled." Contrary to what you might expect, this does not disable the Guide itself, just the ability of the Guide to control the internal clock. The technician said your Guide would now come from PCIP (whatever that is).
5. Exit out with multiple presses of the CANCEL button.

Once you've done the above to give control to your own CM-7000PAL's internal clock, you'll probably have to set your clock.
1. Press "menu"on the remote
2. Select SETUP, SYSTEM SETUP, INSTALLATION, SET DATE TIME. Then enter the correct time.

You might check "SET TIME ZONE" (after INSTALLATION, SET TIME ZONE) while you're at it. Also check daylight savings time handling, and your zip code if you've moved.

Of course, your internal clock may slowly drift away from the correct setting, depending upon the accuracy of it's crystal. However, the drift will be slow, and you can reset it whenever you notice it's strayed away. This is not Channel Master's fault, as they probably never anticipated that the GUIDE service would cease and therefore fail to keep time.

Well, that's it. My Pal is working perfectly now, and I love it. When I thought all was lost, I really was looking into Tivo Roamio. The Roamio over-the-air digital video recorder is a subscription-free HD antenna-compatible DVR with integrated streaming apps and 1TB hard drive storage. Its $359.00 on Amazon, but it would have been worth it. It's all about cutting the cord!!
post #779 of 800 Old 11-06-2016, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The Pal has an unfortunate bug with adjusting the recording timers for the start and/or end of DST. Instead of merely adjusting all the timers by an hour (to keep them all at the same local time), it tends to badly mangle them. If it mangles them badly enough, you'll get the reboot loop the last poster experienced. Since DST just ended, some folks may be experiencing that issue today.

The "quick" way out of this is to disconnect the antenna, then reboot. With the antenna disconnected, you should be able to get to the menu and use the remote. It's generally recommended that you perform a factory default reset to completely clear not only the timers, but everything else. But deleting just the timers may be enough.

Anyway, once you've done that, reconnect the antenna and reboot. If you did a factory reset, it will go through the Setup Wizard again, rescan your local stations, etc.

Regarding the clock and guide, the Pal has two sources for that info:

1. The TV Guide-On-Screen service, which was discontinued in 2013
  2. PSIP, which is metadata broadcast by most TV stations.

When TVGOS was discontinued, our Pals started "falling back" to PSIP for guide info - but they still keep looking for TVGOS to set the clock. Since it's not there, the clock starts to drift. To fix:

1. Disable TVGOS, as described in the above post, so the Pal will stop looking for it
  2. Reboot the Pal (by holding down the power switch until it resets) TWICE.

I mentioned step 2 before, and as I said, I have no idea why two reboots are needed and not just one. But once they're done, the Pal will start calculating the average of the times sent by the TV stations and using that average to set the clock. The only problem is the average itself may be off if several of your local TV stations are broadcasting bad times. If that happens, usually the only recourse is to set the clock manually, then reset it every few days to correct any drift.

BTW, the Pal only needed your Zip code for TVGOS to work. Since that service is gone, the Zip code no longer has any effect.

Last edited by JHBrandt; 11-06-2016 at 01:09 PM.
post #780 of 800 Old 11-06-2016, 10:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just to enlighten our newbie, sragan5,
we had for many years main thread about the model - TR-50 aka dvtpalDVR aka CM7000pal DVR what is full of info accrued by "elite" members the forum and owners of the DVR;
you will find there everything what you must and should know and much more technical info;
reading that will avoid posting well known long time ago relevant info and allow you avoid mistake and posting some guesses.

And BTW, pitching sales of a competitor's device is not nice - there are dedicated thread, so if you want to show alternative solution, posting URL to that thread would be recognized as good manner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page