Channel Master CM-7000PAL HD DVR - AKA Dish DTVPal - Page 27 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #781 of 782 Old 11-07-2016, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith View Post
Just to enlighten our newbie, sragan5,
we had for many years main thread about the model - TR-50 aka dvtpalDVR aka CM7000pal DVR what is full of info accrued by "elite" members the forum and owners of the DVR;
you will find there everything what you must and should know and much more technical info;
reading that will avoid posting well known long time ago relevant info and allow you avoid mistake and posting some guesses.

And BTW, pitching sales of a competitor's device is not nice - there are dedicated thread, so if you want to show alternative solution, posting URL to that thread would be recognized as good manner
First, many, many thanks to P Smith and many others for lots of help in keeping my CM7000PAL "working" for the past 8 years. You can't beat the price, but you get (less than) what you pay for. This years DST ordeal, along with a lower price on a "competitors device" is putting my PAL behind me. I will now be hanging out over at the TiVo Roamio OTA DVR thread. I hope my good manners pleases P Smith

Thanks again guys, it was "fun" while it lasted.

BTW, I will have a PAL for sale as soon as I complete the change over. All original, opened once for cleaning (it didn't need it).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 782 Old 11-07-2016, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1286 Post(s)
Liked: 695
Wow! Eight years is a pretty good run for just about any consumer electronic device - and it's still working! (Including the bugs, unfortunately.) But wait - that puts you back to 2008. I didn't think CM picked up the "Pal" line that early - thought it was still a DTVPal back then.

Personally, I've mostly moved to CM's new DVR+, but my wife still uses her Pal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders