ePVision PHD-VRX speculation thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum
First ... 14  15  16
HDTV Recorders > ePVision PHD-VRX speculation thread
jjeff's Avatar jjeff 05:31 PM 06-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by idknyc View Post

...No one knows if this product is junk (or not) because no one has had the "pleasure" of testing one out.

I think Videobruce has but my guess is he can't confirm nor deny it
If this product comes in under $299 total for a working DVR my guess is people will put up with any possible quirks and features lacking on a $500+ Tivo. Personally I think the company should have been mums the work until they actually had a product for sale, at least until it was in the Beta testing stage. Doing what they did only alienated quite a few people and didn't really help matters, JMO

morc258's Avatar morc258 07:24 AM 06-03-2012
Quote:

No one knows if this product is junk (or not) because no one has had the "pleasure" of testing one out.

I think that "SOMEONE" has.

As far as "TiVo vs. ", This is not the place for it. Start another flame thread to go nowhere, just like all the others. It's almost as volatile as politics, and in the end, somebody will have animosity toward another.
DB100's Avatar DB100 11:28 AM 06-03-2012
People log into a forum like this to get information on a device before making a purchase. Any intelligent buying decision involves comparing devices, so I have no problem with people offering up comparisons between devices. What I don't like is the deceptive price comparisons that are made with the Tivo device. They always compare a USED Tivo to a NEW phd-vrx/PalDVR/etc. And they always disregard the harddrive size. So they would compare a new phd-vrx with 1tb drive to a used, base model Tivo with a much smaller drive. That's an invalid comparison. Valid price comparisons should be for new devices only, with comparable harddrives.
Davidt1's Avatar Davidt1 04:39 PM 06-03-2012
For those who don't like waiting:

Get a laptop for around $300 and a Silicon Dust Homerun Dual tuner for around $70 and start recording and viewing. I have this setup and couldn't be happier.

Who knew a HTPC/DVR could this simple and cheap!
RJW007's Avatar RJW007 07:46 PM 06-03-2012
Is it safe to come back yet?
tmn1's Avatar tmn1 02:36 PM 06-04-2012
Ok now, don't anyone hurt themselves laughing but here is a message I just now received:
However, the good thing, we will start shipping the unit this week.

Thanks.

Support Team

ePVision.com

jjeff's Avatar jjeff 02:57 PM 06-04-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmn1 View Post

However, the good thing, we will start shipping the unit this week.

Thanks.

Support Team

A watched pot.......
idknyc's Avatar idknyc 05:10 AM 06-05-2012
OMG. Someone please go to their website and tell me if you see what I saw. I think they're finally shipping these things off.
morc258's Avatar morc258 05:25 AM 06-05-2012
Quote:

OMG. Someone please go to their website and tell me if you see what I saw. I think they're finally shipping these things off.

Yes, it appears as such. The vapor is turning into a solid.
Add To Cart Here.
videobruce's Avatar videobruce 05:32 AM 06-05-2012
Notice there still is no user manual.
RamKat's Avatar RamKat 05:32 AM 06-05-2012
Whooo Hooo! I guess as soon as you see it on your CC you can assume it to be a fact.
tvoldtimer's Avatar tvoldtimer 06:17 AM 06-06-2012
I got an email at 4pm Monday afternoon with a UPS tracking number. Tracked the number, my box should arrive by Friday. Oh boy, let the fun begin! smile.gif
Brajesh's Avatar Brajesh 06:50 AM 06-06-2012
Same here, Friday delivery. Just when I was about to give up on this thing. Wish there was a full user's manual. Only the quick start guide on their website and in the box it appears.
rockisdead's Avatar rockisdead 11:52 AM 06-06-2012
waiting for your guys' review then decide to pull the trigger or not .biggrin.gif
jjeff's Avatar jjeff 12:00 PM 06-06-2012
Should we PM a mod to have this thread locked? Since the product is now shipping we really don't want people posting impressions in this thread smile.gif
New thread http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414002/epvision-phd-vrx-owners-thread

Since Videobruce is the OP of both threads maybe he should report his own thread(this one) for locking?
Glad it's finally shipping, I hope the extra time was to work out the majority of the bugs.....I'll be interested to read early impressions.
videobruce's Avatar videobruce 12:38 PM 06-06-2012
Wait until Friday at least. wink.gif
jjeff's Avatar jjeff 12:54 PM 06-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

Wait until Friday at least. wink.gif
Makes sense to me smile.gif
BTW nice work on your other thread cool.gif
RamKat's Avatar RamKat 08:10 PM 06-06-2012
Looks like they have limited quantities since I have not received my notice yet.
idknyc's Avatar idknyc 11:19 PM 06-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamKat View Post

Looks like they have limited quantities since I have not received my notice yet.

When did you place your order? I placed a second order for the VRX (I canceled the first) this past Monday and received an email yesterday with a tracking #. My unit should arrive on Tuesday.
RamKat's Avatar RamKat 04:43 AM 06-07-2012
Thanks for the info. I placed the order on the 11 th of May. I am surely going to ping them. Looks like their general admin has lots of room for improvement. (having to be pinged to send the promo codes even though I have registered almost a year ago etc)
tvoldtimer's Avatar tvoldtimer 06:16 AM 06-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by idknyc View Post

When did you place your order? I placed a second order for the VRX (I canceled the first) this past Monday and received an email yesterday with a tracking #. My unit should arrive on Tuesday.
Were you able to get the $20 discount? I'm pretty sure their website was still in the pre-order mode early Monday.
idknyc's Avatar idknyc 09:22 AM 06-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvoldtimer View Post

Were you able to get the $20 discount? I'm pretty sure their website was still in the pre-order mode early Monday.

No, I wasn't. I checked the site around 4 Monday morning and the $20 discount was no longer being offered.
dattier's Avatar dattier 09:55 AM 06-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

Makes sense to me smile.gif
BTW nice work on your other thread cool.gif
(that was addressed to videobruce)

Which other thread is that?  If it's also about the PHD-VRX, I'd like to follow it, but I haven't yet found a search function in this new software that AVS Forum just converted to.

(Nor can I find how to be notified about newly started threads; fortunately the notifications of new posts in subscribed threads are still coming.)
morc258's Avatar morc258 10:02 AM 06-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dattier View Post

(that was addressed to videobruce)
Which other thread is that?  If it's also about the PHD-VRX, I'd like to follow it, but I haven't yet found a search function in this new software that AVS Forum just converted to.
(Nor can I find how to be notified about newly started threads; fortunately the notifications of new posts in subscribed threads are still coming.)

Go here.
dattier's Avatar dattier 10:04 AM 06-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by morc258 View Post

Go here.

Thank you, Morc.  After posting I saw the "search this thread" link but that wouldn't have helped.
videobruce's Avatar videobruce 08:12 AM 06-08-2012
Time to close this thread since this is finally being shipped.

Owners thread here;
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414002/epvision-phd-vrx-owners-thread

Thanks everyone. smile.gif
First ... 14  15  16

Up
Mobile  Desktop