Verizon Fios Motorola 7232 - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 479 Old 04-02-2011, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As much as I have this manual for the QIP 7232-2 I cannot find how to dim the very brite LED display ?? Any hints ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 479 Old 04-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsss View Post

As much as I have this manual for the QIP 7232-2 I cannot find how to dim the very brite LED display ?? Any hints ?

As far as I know, there is no way to dim the clock display.

I have a PS3 now, so I guess I do have Blu-ray. ;)
post #183 of 479 Old 04-02-2011, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

If it is even possible to do in FW, until they enable it - right now, the only way is to get some window tint film and place it over the display. Works fine, but I hope that it's adjustable in firmware. From what I understand, it will not be available in 1.9

-steve
My HT Setup - updated 12/25/2012
"...and all the science, I don't understand. It's just my job, five days a week."
post #184 of 479 Old 04-02-2011, 06:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Scotch tape/translucent tape over the display works as well.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #185 of 479 Old 04-16-2011, 03:51 PM

Hi guys,
I'm totally new to Fios (North Texas ). Just got it 2 days ago with a 7232 2 and a STB for 2nd TV. Both boxes works fine for me so far.

Just wondering if I can Store some old recordings on to my HTPC or External drive.

If there is a way, I like to know.

Thanks in advance
post #186 of 479 Old 04-17-2011, 10:04 AM

Verizon is rolling out a new update that will allow you to use a esata drive to expand storage.
post #187 of 479 Old 04-18-2011, 08:57 AM

I've been reading some of the earlier posts in the thread and a lot of people are talking about a getting a tech to come and install the 7232 in their house. Can I just go to a Verizon store and pick one up and install it myself. There is a local Verizon store right by my house and I picked up a 7100 series replacement when my old one wasn't working. Would they charge me for the 7232 or could I just swap it with my 7100 series HD DVR.
post #188 of 479 Old 04-30-2011, 01:04 PM

Noticed on Verizon's FIOS TV Central that the 7216 and 7232 now support external eSATA drives for memory expansion. Anyone have any experiences to share on this?

Dan
post #189 of 479 Old 04-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I had Fios about 5 years ago for 3 days. The PQ ws equal to Directv and channel surfing was much faster. However, their motorola DVR was terrible. With Directv I have 4 HD DVR's all with 380gb's of storage and the ability to add more space if I chose. Also, I can watch my shows in every room. Fast forward to today and I heard that FIOS had updated the DVR. It sounds great and probably is once all the bugs are worked out. Anyway, I called FIOS about getting service and was told that they will only give one multi-room DVR per account. I was told that you can only share out from the multiroon DVR. I believe that this DVR only has 180gb's of storage. If you want to record you have to go to this room and start the recording. Once I found this out I decided to keep what I had.
post #190 of 479 Old 04-30-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeGuy View Post

I was told that you can only share out from the multiroon DVR. I believe that this DVR only has 180gb's of storage. If you want to record you have to go to this room and start the recording. Once I found this out I decided to keep what I had.

Firmware 1.9 is gradually being released. It will support multiple DVRs, external eSTATA drives and have the ability to control DVR recording from non DVR set top boxes. DVRs with 500gb drives are now available.
post #191 of 479 Old 04-30-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsd View Post

Hi guys,
I'm totally new to Fios (North Texas ). Just got it 2 days ago with a 7232 2 and a STB for 2nd TV. Both boxes works fine for me so far.

Just wondering if I can Store some old recordings on to my HTPC or External drive.

If there is a way, I like to know.

Thanks in advance

I read on other AVS & VZ threads that the Carrollton VHO is not receiving the 1.9 img that enables the ext drive until near the end of the rollout.

AND the rollout was currently halted due to user confusion with the menu regarding hd/sd dpi.....MADDENING!
post #192 of 479 Old 04-30-2011, 03:47 PM
Advanced Member

This sounds great. One big question. Will all the HD DVR's be able to network. In other words will we be able to record on one DVR and watch it on another without the multiroon DVR? When will this all happen?

Firmware 1.9 is gradually being released. It will support multiple DVRs, external eSTATA drives and have the ability to control DVR recording from non DVR set top boxes. DVRs with 500gb drives are now available.
post #193 of 479 Old 05-01-2011, 05:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansyacht View Post

Noticed on Verizon's FIOS TV Central that the 7216 and 7232 now support external eSATA drives for memory expansion. Anyone have any experiences to share on this?

Dan

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post20353136
post #194 of 479 Old 05-01-2011, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeGuy View Post

I had Fios about 5 years ago for 3 days. The PQ ws equal to Directv and channel surfing was much faster. However, their motorola DVR was terrible. With Directv I have 4 HD DVR's all with 380gb's of storage and the ability to add more space if I chose. Also, I can watch my shows in every room. Fast forward to today and I heard that FIOS had updated the DVR. It sounds great and probably is once all the bugs are worked out. Anyway, I called FIOS about getting service and was told that they will only give one multi-room DVR per account. I was told that you can only share out from the multiroon DVR. I believe that this DVR only has 180gb's of storage. If you want to record you have to go to this room and start the recording. Once I found this out I decided to keep what I had.

They give you one multi-room DVR but you can have multiple DVRs in the house. Right now, your one multi-room DVR is the master and you can only control recordings directly on it (but of course view them from any STB). However, with the new firmware set to hit the boxes, you can record and delete recordings from any other STB in the house. As for seeing all the recordings on any DVR, I'm not positive, but I thought I saw you will be able to do this as well. It doesn't make sense if you can without them all being, but I feel like I've seen in the other thread on FiOs that you can do that with the 1.9 upgrade. To my knowledge, there isn't any "special" about the box to make it a multiroom DVR, so maybe that explains why this is possible if it is indeed possible.

As for if you signed up now, you need to ask for and get the 7232 DVR which is the subject of this thread. It has 500 GB capacity. The latest upgrade to STB firmware allows for external expansion, but the upgrade is only now just being pushed out and it goes to select areas at a time so when your area would get it is still unknown, but it would likely be in the coming months as long as everything goes mostly well with the rollout.
post #195 of 479 Old 05-02-2011, 04:21 AM

Is Verizon releasing the new firmware 1.9 one Region at a time ?

I'm just wondering when we will get that in North Texas area..
post #196 of 479 Old 05-02-2011, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just got my 7232 and had some initial problems activating and moving over my my mrdvr feature but everyhing is wotking fine now. The tech said 1.9 should be rolling out to NY area in a few weeks and then will go down the coast. He seemed to indicate that multiple dvrs in the house will work better with 1.9.
And I can confirm they just had to activate the MRDVR feature remotely to have it working.
post #197 of 479 Old 05-04-2011, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Picked up a 7232-2 at my local Vz store today and will return my 6416-2 tomorrow. Maybe it's me, but pq seemed a little softer and the facial tones were slightly off (however, I've only had it hooked up for an hour so far). I'm using component cables. Do you folks see any improvement via HDMI. Seems to be a lot of disagreement on other forums.

FYI there is a 90 day promo for EPIX ( ch895 hd) @ N/C. So, of course, if it's free it's me. End of 90 either cancel or subscribe. Obviously one of the packages has it included, but mine did not.

Edit: Decided to swap out my second bedroom unit as well.

"Talk to me Goose"
post #198 of 479 Old 05-04-2011, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsd View Post

Is Verizon releasing the new firmware 1.9 one Region at a time ?

I'm just wondering when we will get that in North Texas area..

..currently "on hold" due to end-user confusion in some of the areas that have been upgraded. No timetable for them to pick up the deployments again.
post #199 of 479 Old 05-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

If you can record shows on any of the DVR's and then view them on any of the DVR's then I would be interested in trying out the service again. Currently I can record on any DVR and then view them the recording in any room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankerchick View Post

They give you one multi-room DVR but you can have multiple DVRs in the house. Right now, your one multi-room DVR is the master and you can only control recordings directly on it (but of course view them from any STB). However, with the new firmware set to hit the boxes, you can record and delete recordings from any other STB in the house. As for seeing all the recordings on any DVR, I'm not positive, but I thought I saw you will be able to do this as well. It doesn't make sense if you can without them all being, but I feel like I've seen in the other thread on FiOs that you can do that with the 1.9 upgrade. To my knowledge, there isn't any "special" about the box to make it a multiroom DVR, so maybe that explains why this is possible if it is indeed possible.

As for if you signed up now, you need to ask for and get the 7232 DVR which is the subject of this thread. It has 500 GB capacity. The latest upgrade to STB firmware allows for external expansion, but the upgrade is only now just being pushed out and it goes to select areas at a time so when your area would get it is still unknown, but it would likely be in the coming months as long as everything goes mostly well with the rollout.

post #200 of 479 Old 05-05-2011, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguy3763 View Post

I recently exchanged my dvr for the new 7232 and noticed that when I change from an SD channel to HD channel, I notice a split second green line appear, and white specks flash,now I know about handshake issues,but this never happened with my old dvr. When I exchanged the dvr I didn't take new cables that they offered me,I decided to stick with the hdmi cables from my previous box,is it possible that there is a difference between cables? Should I have taken new cables? or is the problem caused by something else? Connection problem?

Did you find the solution to this ?

When delivered, the dvr's setting for the SD Over ride is set to 480i. Change it to "off" and that should solve it. Menu>Settings> Video Settings> SD Override

Let us know.

"Talk to me Goose"
post #201 of 479 Old 05-05-2011, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I had to do the same and turn off the 480i override. I'm surprised they ship it in that config.
post #202 of 479 Old 05-06-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fant View Post

I had to do the same and turn off the 480i override. I'm surprised they ship it in that config.

Mine keeps on reverting back to 480p, I have to change it back to off every day or so.
post #203 of 479 Old 05-06-2011, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Seriously - disagreement over analog component vs digital HDMI? Absolutely switch to HDMI. You'll likely need to make some changes to your TV picture settings to match the picture you currently have if that's what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcaster View Post

Picked up a 7232-2 at my local Vz store today and will return my 6416-2 tomorrow. Maybe it's me, but pq seemed a little softer and the facial tones were slightly off (however, I've only had it hooked up for an hour so far). I'm using component cables. Do you folks see any improvement via HDMI. Seems to be a lot of disagreement on other forums.

post #204 of 479 Old 05-06-2011, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3_FRB View Post

Seriously - disagreement over analog component vs digital HDMI? Absolutely switch to HDMI. You'll likely need to make some changes to your TV picture settings to match the picture you currently have if that's what you want.

Yes, seriously. Keeping in mind this is 1080i, not 1080p. Earlier displays had a limited number of hdmi inputs so the component vs hdmi discussion does come up. Also, when my 6416 was installed, there were well known handshake issues via HDMI, so I was forced to go the component route.

Bit of a pain to change the wiring in my entertainment center, so when I got the 7232, I searched the topic. Many insist that there is absolutely no difference, quoting tech articles. I'll look for the forum/thread and post the link when I find it. Interesting reading.

BTW, I did get hdmi cables for the 2 new dvr's, so will install if it really is better.

"Talk to me Goose"
post #205 of 479 Old 05-06-2011, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Sound can be better using hdmi Not sure if this is so on the 7232.
post #206 of 479 Old 05-06-2011, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankerchick

App for iPod will let you set recording from non DVR room
post #207 of 479 Old 05-07-2011, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post

App for iPod will let you set recording from non DVR room

This is what I do, except I do it with my Android app. View from any room with multi-room DVR and schedule/delete with the app anytime. It will be nice though when 1.9 comes and I can schedule and delete from any room.
post #208 of 479 Old 05-11-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McCune View Post

To my knowledge, Vz is the only company that insists on policies that reward those who spend less, for a shorter period of time, in favor of those who spend more for longer. Think airline, credit card, or numerous other reward programs. It runs counter to common business sense. It's an absolutely ludicrous marketing strategy and will likely result in the loss of my business.

I don't understand it either. I signed a two year contract and have spent on average $250 a month on services, paying every thing on time like I agreed. I got a letter in the mail a couple of months ago with the standard "Valued customer call for special deals as your two year contract is set to expire soon". I called and the best they could do was give me faster internet speed 25/25 instead of 20/5. Everything else remained the same except my package cost would increase another $20. It's not really a big deal because I like Verizon. I just wonder why the "special offer" marketing when there was nothing special about it. In the end, I ended up having to explain what "Meh" was to the representative because it wasn't on the script of possible customer responses.
post #209 of 479 Old 05-11-2011, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

What does the message dU1 mean. It goes away after a few seconds? HDCP negotiation status?
post #210 of 479 Old 05-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Yes handshake. I have had that myself but everything works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post

What does the message dU1 mean. It goes away after a few seconds? HDCP negotiation status?

Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page