post #451 of 890 Old 04-25-2012, 11:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOkie View Post

Press and hold the power button ON THE STB until the power light flashes. Release and press the power button again and you should enter the diagnostic screens. There should be 43 of them (as noted at the bottom by 1/43, 2/43, etc.).

Navigate through them by using the page up/page down buttons on the remote. Page 4/43 has signal levels.

that's one thing I don't like about the cisco boxes the diagnostics can't be accessed via the remote like the motorola boxes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 890 Old 05-03-2012, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member

are the whole boxes worth it to get to 2 hosts to get 4 tuners and clocks or is to tivo's a better option
post #453 of 890 Old 05-03-2012, 10:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Do the math...2 TiVos are a better value, and you get the Plus Package channels free, and free self install. And just buy your own clock.

TiVo Roamio Pro, Premiere XL4, Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, TiVo Mini
Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
post #454 of 890 Old 05-04-2012, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_CoxPHX View Post

Do the math...2 TiVos are a better value, and you get the Plus Package channels free, and free self install. And just buy your own clock.

Are you getting the Plus Channels on your TiVo now? I haven't tried in a week or two. I thought we were waiting for the upcoming TiVo upgrade.

I went through a couple of clocks after I bought my TiVo. The best of the bunch was THIS, they plug into the USB port of the TiVo for power. I wish they didn't flash the temperature since it is inflated by being in the equipment rack.

TiVo Elite, TiVo 4, Four TiVo Minis, TiVo Stream, Roku 3, Google Chromecast, Cox Cable, Sonos
post #455 of 890 Old 05-04-2012, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

No I am not YET, getting the Plus Pak channels, We are waiting for the SW update for MPEG4 (H.264) which has been delayed, should be a few weeks I hope. But ajwees41 is in Omaha and his Plus Pak should be MPEG2.

A couple of interesting Cox Support links I ran across.

http://ww2.cox.com/residential/arizo...-000000000000}
Quote:
CableCARD Devices and Plus Pak Channels

Last Updated: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 > Related Articles

The TiVo Premiere (including XL and Elite), the Ceton InfiniTV, and the SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime can tune to 1 GHz and decode in MPEG4, which makes them compatible with the Plus Pak channels.
Solution

CableCARD Devices and Plus Pak Channels

As of December 1, 2011, Cox allows eligible UDCPs (retail CableCARD devices) to access the Plus Pak channels. Customers with devices that are able to tune to 1 GHz and decode in MPEG4 are capable of viewing these channels, which are offered at no additional charge. If you have a qualified device not currently receiving the Plus Pak channels and are interested in accessing them, please contact us.

This new Tuning Adapter Install sheet showing the use of a POE Filter is a bit strange however. The only use of a POE filter I can see is if you were using MoCA.
http://media.cox.com/support/print_m...ourCiscoTA.pdf

Here is a new link to another Support Article.
Though I question the "Tuning Adapter UPDATE Kit" as it is probably the splitter and MoCA POE Filter, which should not be required, I don't believe, perhaps if using the MoCA on an Elite/XL4???? I have not seen a posting by anyone with a Ceton or SiliconDust needing the POE filter.

http://ww2.cox.com/residential/arizo...-000000000000}
Quote:
Ability to tune to HD Plus Pak Channels requires:

1. Subscription to its Premium Channel, such as HBO, Showtime, etc.

2. Cox Tuning Adapter in some markets. Also, if the Tuning Adapter was installed prior to May 2012, then the free Cox Tuning Adapter UPDATE Kit is required

Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
post #456 of 890 Old 05-04-2012, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

A couple of interesting Cox Support links I ran across.

I can't use MoCA on my Elite since my TV & Data are split at the dmarc, and the TV is amplified. I hope since I am not using MoCA I don't have to go the splitter route.

TiVo Elite, TiVo 4, Four TiVo Minis, TiVo Stream, Roku 3, Google Chromecast, Cox Cable, Sonos
post #457 of 890 Old 05-04-2012, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
FWIW, I've been viewing the Plus channels for a few months now in my Media Center HTPC via SD Homerun Prime

Samsung PN60F8500, Panasonic TH-42PD25U/P, Pioneer VSX-1018TXH-K, Oppo BDP-93, Aperion Audio 5T&5C, HSU STF-2, PS3, Wii, HTPC, SD Homerun Prime, Ceton Echo
post #458 of 890 Old 05-04-2012, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caeguy View Post

FWIW, I've been viewing the Plus channels for a few months now in my Media Center HTPC via SD Homerun Prime

Our problem is AZ and TiVo. Cox AZ is using mpeg4 for the plus channels, and TiVo is having problems with that. We are supposed to have a TiVo upgrade this month that should hopefully fix the issue. From what I hear mpeg4 is only being used in AZ

post #459 of 890 Old 05-10-2012, 12:50 AM

Liked: 10
Where is the gulfcoast lineup? (Pensacola) I know it's not worth getting their equipment

-Rob
post #460 of 890 Old 05-10-2012, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpcgeek View Post

Our problem is AZ and TiVo. Cox AZ is using mpeg4 for the plus channels, and TiVo is having problems with that. We are supposed to have a TiVo upgrade this month that should hopefully fix the issue. From what I hear mpeg4 is only being used in AZ

Cox H.264 Plus Package HD Channels on TiVo Premieres have been Fixed w/ 20.2.1.1 that started rolling out today.

RE: The "Spring Update" SW Vers. 20.2.1.1-01-2

I am VERY happy to confirm the issue with the Cox H.264 Plus Package HD Channels have been Fixed with the latest SW release.

Note: You still need to call Cox @ 877-820-8202 to have the Plus Pak channels added to your account. ask for HBO+, SHO+, Starz+, and/or Cinemax+

post #461 of 890 Old 05-10-2012, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParanormalRob View Post

Where is the gulfcoast lineup? (Pensacola) I know it's not worth getting their equipment

-Rob

Pensacola Channel Lineup - For Gulf Coast - Plus Package

http://ww2.cox.com/residential/gulfc...-lineup.cox#13

Looks like your area got screwed on the number of channels.

post #462 of 890 Old 05-10-2012, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Cox H.264 Plus Package HD Channels on TiVo Premieres have been Fixed w/ 20.2.1.1 that started rolling out today.

Here is hoping I get the update soon.

post #463 of 890 Old 05-10-2012, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Here is hoping I get the update soon.

www.tivo.com/priority

post #464 of 890 Old 05-10-2012, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

www.tivo.com/priority

Did it last week. Not home yet so hopefully its up dated when I do get home

post #465 of 890 Old 05-10-2012, 07:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:

www.tivo.com/priority

Thanks for the link, I hadn't known about it. I have had the same problems with the Cox Plus channels that some of you have been describing ever since I got a Premiere Elite early last month. I forced a connection a few minutes ago but the software upgrade hadn't been made available to me at that time. Now that I've requested priority delivery of the new software, I'll force another connection tomorrow morning. Once I get the update installed and get Cox OKC to hit my box again I'll report my results here.
post #466 of 890 Old 05-10-2012, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I forced a connection a few minutes ago but the software upgrade hadn't been made available to me at that time. Now that I've requested priority delivery of the new software, I'll force another connection tomorrow morning. Once I get the update installed and get Cox OKC to hit my box again I'll report my results here.

I forced mine and it downloaded the update. I did the required restart. I'm thinking I should have waited until morning for this. Message on the screen tells me it could take up to an hour.

post #467 of 890 Old 05-10-2012, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My power went out today for about 15 minutes. When it came back, the host box booted up and my settings and saved recordings were all gone! What happened?! This can't be normal. How did my recordings get erased?

Not happy. Anyone else seen this when the power goes out?

Martin Logan Theos | Oppo BDP-103 | Parasound New Classic 2125 | Apple TV | Toshiba 42RV530U HDTV | MacBook Pro 15" w/Retina display
post #468 of 890 Old 05-11-2012, 07:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I forced mine [connection to the TiVo server] and it downloaded the update. I did the required restart. I'm thinking I should have waited until morning for this. Message on the screen tells me it could take up to an hour.

I didn't enter my priority request to download the new Premiere software until late last evening so I wasn't particularly surprised this morning when I discovered that the software download hadn't been done. I'll check it again this evening.
post #469 of 890 Old 05-11-2012, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I didn't enter my priority request to download the new Premiere software until late last evening so I wasn't particularly surprised this morning when I discovered that the software download hadn't been done. I'll check it again this evening.

The hour+ upgrade actually took 20 minutes. And yes I now have all of the Plus channels, Yay!

post #470 of 890 Old 05-11-2012, 09:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

The hour+ upgrade actually took 20 minutes. And yes I now have all of the Plus channels, Yay!

Did getting the Plus Channels require a new hit on your CableCARD or did they come up spontaneously after you installed the new TiVo software?

EDIT: Forced another connection at 11:00 AM CDT and got the software update. After I installed it, I had all of my plus channels back. Huzza!
post #471 of 890 Old 05-16-2012, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

any other cox area using the whole dvr remote as the main remote? Omaha just sent out an email they are replacing the silver remotes with the whole home ones.
post #472 of 890 Old 05-18-2012, 08:15 PM

I'm considering stepping up to the Plus package whole room DVR from Cox in Oklahoma City. I currently have one SA 8300HD receiver and we recently bought another HDTV so we thought instead of buying another HDDVR why not upgrade to the whole room system. However reading through this thread has me a bit worried. I'm mainly wanting this service so that we have DVR functionality from both TV's in the house.

I found some posts that said you can only pause fast forward etc from the host box and not the client DVR. Is this still true or has that been changed? The rep told me over the phone when I called getting a price quote that you can record up to 4 HD shows at once and have DVR control from any room. I'm also reading that you can only actually record two shows at once. I'm getting very confused by all this. Some guidance would be appreciated.
post #473 of 890 Old 05-18-2012, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

If you want to record 4 shows you need a 2nd Trio DVR. The boxes only have 2 tuners in them, so you would need to spend the extra cash.
post #474 of 890 Old 05-18-2012, 09:32 PM

Hmmm Ok thanks that's what I was thinking. My wife's interested in DirecTV also and they seem to offer better pricing. Any idea if the Cox $99 installation fee is refundable if you aren't happy?
post #475 of 890 Old 05-19-2012, 05:34 AM

The Host or DVR can pause Rewind live TV because of the Hard Drive. The slave or client box cannot rewind live tv. The slave can pause / rewind while playing back recorded movies.

You can only do 4 recordings if you have to Host boxes (with the clock). The slave can only view (Not rewind or pause) live TV and view shows recorded on the box with a hard drive.

What most people don't understand is this is made by Cisco and is very similiar to the network in your home or office.
post #476 of 890 Old 05-21-2012, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherokie View Post

The Host or DVR can pause Rewind live TV because of the Hard Drive. The slave or client box cannot rewind live tv. The slave can pause / rewind while playing back recorded movies.

You can only do 4 recordings if you have to Host boxes (with the clock). The slave can only view (Not rewind or pause) live TV and view shows recorded on the box with a hard drive.

What most people don't understand is this is made by Cisco and is very similiar to the network in your home or office.

what do you mean most people don't realize?
post #477 of 890 Old 05-23-2012, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
My understanding is that in the near future we hope to have additional tuners opened up & the ability to time shift from hosts.

------------------------------------
Occasio Gee
www.occasiogee.com

post #478 of 890 Old 05-23-2012, 07:30 PM

Liked: 19
Got an email today from Cox that the latest software upgrade for Whole Home receivers is coming tonight, no other details mentioned (Cox Orange County, CA).

I'm assuming it's the same software version Bryan mentioned a couple weeks ago, but we'll see.
post #479 of 890 Old 05-24-2012, 07:00 PM

We got the update last night and the client box has a distorted program guide and GUI now. I called them and they said they're aware of the problems with this update and are stilling rolling out fixes. So they said to wait till after 9pm tonight to call back if it continues.
Does anyone know whats in this update?

Lon

post #480 of 890 Old 05-25-2012, 01:10 PM

My Whole House DVR was "hung" yesterday evening when I got home from work. (It was probably that way all day, but I didn't notice or use it in the morning.) When you call Cox support, you get a recorded message saying new software was pushed out the previous night, and if the system was unresponsive, to remove the power cord, wait 30 seconds, and plug it back in and let the system reboot. It took a very long time to boot and download the program guide, but eventually came back. If they are posting that kind of a message, I assume a lot of boxes, like mine, were hung after the new software was pushed to the boxes. I am in Las Vegas.

I like the features of the Whole House DVR, but it has been pretty flaky for me: stopping recording scheduled programs (needed a reboot), time not accurate so recording started about 5 minutes late (needed a reboot), loosing my complete schedule of recordings (needed a reboot), etc. I haven't really lost anything yet, but it seems there are a lot of remaining bugs in the system....

David
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page