I'm in the OC S. California market, and after going round and rounfd with Cox they up-graded me. I went from 1 Moto.. HD DVR to now 2 brand new 8742's, and they are inter-connected together. After 1 month they seem to work OK with the exception of horrible stuttering video quality on Velocity. [ I think it's a Cox issue, looks fine on Direc].
My main system is 6 Video in, with 4 HD's in by HDMI+ 2 SD's, with 1 component, and 1 composite to a newer Onkyo AV Receiver connected by 1 HDMI to a New Pani. Plasma. Sound goes through the surround system. I have a few questions:
1. How can I activate the Variable Audio on my Cisco Box. It worked on the Moto, can only presently get fixed audio on the Cisco. The Cox sound is wacky, Showtime is Booming, Epix is at a whisper
2. Does it have a 30 second skip available??
3. Can the PIP be activated, the remote shows a button??
4. Does this DVR have slow-motion Video like the Moto. did???
5. Is there a way to be-boot the Cisco receivers without pulling the plug out?? With the Moto, just push in the 2 buttons and it would re-boot.
6. [Rant} WHY, did Cox switch to the W. Coast Cable network feeds??? Used to watch AMC at 6, now I have to wait until 9 pm to watch BB.... GRRR...
They advised me to "wait" for the New 6 Tuner model.. The 8742's apparently just had an up-grade. Plenty of Hard-Drive space and with 2 units, I have 4 Tuners. Sunday night is the test